Star Wars - Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS Discussion)

2,246 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gopack80
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who's seen it? What did you think?

I was entertained but I don't think it was a particularly good movie. I think it was absolutely dumb the story circled back around to Palpatine and I thought making Rey and Ben kiss was a dumb, forced scene that really had no place in the story.
fitz89
I did last night. I really loved it. While you do bring up plot issues, I did enjoy that. But truthfully, I am a sap for that kind of stuff. I still get goose bumps on Gary's call in 1983 and I still cry when Max Perry says he can't talk about it in Survive and Advance.
Go State!
statefan91
I think the kiss was really the thing that bothered me the most. Everything else I'm on board with.

Do you think Lando is the girl's father? That was a weird interaction they had after the battle.
NatePait94
That movie was entertaining but so blehhhhhhh. Glad it's over if that's where they were going.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Gopackgo93
I enjoyed it. The plot moved, plenty of action. 2 hours went by pretty fast. I'm not a big fan of the kiss either as I just don't think it was needed.
RunsWithWolves26
I thought this thread was about the rise of David Thompson. Man was I disappointed! In all honesty, I've never watched a single minute of star wars but I'm glad y'all enjoy it.
fhstatefan43
My wife and I enjoyed the movie. A few things I found weird and didn't fully understand:
1. Lando and the former storm trooper girl. That was a strange interaction and just wondering if that is setting up one of those offshoot movies.
2. The entire 9 part series starts in a desert setting with Luke Skywalker and his guardians. Then part 9 ends with Rae standing in the same place and calls herself Skywalker even though that is not her name. Not sure what is happening with all of that. Also, is Rae taking the name Skywalker in the last minute of the movie worth naming the entire movie "Rise of Skywalker"?
3. How were the star destroyers being destroyed in other places? This question actually brings up a ton of other questions.
Glasswolf
Haven't seen it yet but plan on catching it this weekend. I've seen them all from the beginning when a new hope came out in the 70's.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

fitz89
The interaction was...... a little creepy. Maybe, but my wife thought it was to show that Lando, the ladies man, will never age.
Go State!
fitz89
Go State!
JocoPack
I enjoyed the movie immensely. Some points in the plot seemed a little rushed I think. Glad it(mostly) cleaned up the mess that TLJ created.
Gopack80
Better than TLJ but not saying much. Prequel and sequel trilogies were mostly trash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.