The Mandolorian

3,226 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fhstatefan43
JocoPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just finished watching episode 6. Anyone else watching this?? Pretty awesome show so far. Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left this season.
Steve Williams
Staff
Liked the way it started, thought 4 and 5 were just meh. 6 Was pretty good.
JocoPack
Yeah 4 and 5 were kind of filler episodes. 6 imo was the best yet.
fitz89
Love it. Great Ep (7) last night. Thank goodness that wasn't the last show of the season.
Hope the new season starts by Marchish. IDK when season 2 will drop. Nice job by Disney+ on this show.
Go State!
JocoPack
Yes. Last night was amazing. Last episode drops Dec. 27th. Will be interesting to see if they leave it on a cliff hanger to be picked up season 2. I believe they are wrapping up filming of season 2 now so late spring early summer would be my guess.
statefan91
Man that episode last night was great, good tune up for the Star Wars movie tonight.

I gotta say that hurt at the end when Kuill was laying in the dirt and baby Yoda got scooped up. I'm hoping for an IG-11 return to fighting and baby Yoda realizing some of the power of the force to help Mando escape.
JocoPack
statefan91 said:

Man that episode last night was great, good tune up for the Star Wars movie tonight.

I gotta say that hurt at the end when Kuill was laying in the dirt and baby Yoda got scooped up. I'm hoping for an IG-11 return to fighting and baby Yoda realizing some of the power of the force to help Mando escape.
Earlier in the episode I thought to myself: "man I really like this Kuiil guy, he's a classic SW character" and then that happens. Hopefully he's ok.

Either way though, he's just mysterious enough that I can about bet you that there will be some books/comics filling in his backstory in the future.
NatePait94
Up to this point, force choking has been a dark side power. Wonder if they use baby yoda to heal up palpatine which coincides with palpatines return in this latest movie.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
fitz89
I thought the little little tie-in to the Rise of Skywalker was nice. Nothing big by any means, but a continuous thread continues.
NatePait94
The only 3-5 characters throughout the universe that we've been introduced to that were Yoda's species were all Jedi's. None of them yet have been on the dark side. I think it would be a cool twist to have the child join the dark side.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
JocoPack
NatePait94 said:

The only 3-5 characters throughout the universe that we've been introduced to that were Yoda's species were all Jedi's. None of them yet have been on the dark side. I think it would be a cool twist to have the child join the dark side.
A dark side user "yoda species" with Sith eyes and a little red lightsaber would be terrifying. And badass.
JocoPack
statefan91
Loved the last episode, great close to the season. Startling how much more I liked this show than the new movie.
JocoPack
Same here. Anything Star Wars with Dave Filoni attached is awesome.
NatePait94
Season 1 finale was epic.
ShaggyWolf
This show has been the best thing Star Wars has done in years.
JocoPack
ShaggyWolf said:

This show has been the best thing Star Wars has done in years.

I agree 100%.
fhstatefan43
Question for any Star Wars experts out there. The Mandalorian is set pre Star Wars episodes 1-9; is that correct? We know this because we have baby Yoda and we see a much older Yoda when the Star Wars episodes begin. However in the Mandalorian we are post Empire and Rebellion. But when you go through the Star Wars episodes we see the entire beginning of the Empire with the clone wars etc. I have obviously missed something along the way. Could someone explain what is going on with the timeline?
NatePait94
fhstatefan43 said:

Question for any Star Wars experts out there. The Mandalorian is set pre Star Wars episodes 1-9; is that correct? We know this because we have baby Yoda and we see a much older Yoda when the Star Wars episodes begin. However in the Mandalorian we are post Empire and Rebellion. But when you go through the Star Wars episodes we see the entire beginning of the Empire with the clone wars etc. I have obviously missed something along the way. Could someone explain what is going on with the timeline?

The Mandolorian is set roughly 5-10 years after the fall of the empire in episode 6. The Mandolorian is meant to somewhat bridge the gap between the empire and the first order.
NatePait94
Also, baby Yoda is not actually Yoda.
JocoPack
Yeah the proper term for "baby Yoda" is The Child, I believe. Remember that in Empire Strikes Back Yoda is over 900 years old and I think there was reference in the Mandalorian that The Child is 50 something.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
ncsualum05
The child is just another of the same species. Oddly enough Star Wars has never really named Yoda's species... at least not that I know of. We know very little about them but of the few we've seen all are strong in the force. The child is no exception. Great show. Can't wait for season 2.
fhstatefan43
Ok. That definitely helps. I guess when everyone was calling "the child" baby Yoda, I just assumed that it really was Yoda and the Mandalorian was set well before Episode 1. Now, thanks to you all I better understand the timeline. Thanks guys!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.