Peloton

3,395 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IseWolf22
1MANWOLFPAK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The peloton commercial with the in ultra wealthy, already in shape mother on her peloton fitness journey has been pissing me off for weeks. Come to find out, I'm not the only one! I don't social media, but evidently the hate for this commercial has gone viral. This dude on Twitter was shared with me, pretty damn funny. Sorry in advance if it offends any peloton owners out there.

statefan91
The youtube link for the commercial has gotten killed, they had to turn off comments. The commercial was poorly thought out, unless your wife specifically asks for exercise equipment, probably not a good idea to get it for her
IseWolf22
I was roasting this commercial over the Thanksgiving holiday each time it came on. My mother-and-law just sent me this story about people hating it

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/peleton-christmas-ad-exercise-bike_n_5de5a660e4b0d50f32a775be
IseWolf22
The thing is, my wife badly wants one. But no way am I paying $2200, + $500 delivery + $480 per year in subscription for that thing. And she'd still keep a gym membership for weights....
statefan91
I bought a Kaiser bike from a home gym refurb place, and you can use an iPad and do the classes. It's not the same integrated experience but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
IseWolf22
statefan91 said:

I bought a Kaiser bike from a home gym refurb place, and you can use an iPad and do the classes. It's not the same integrated experience but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
She will probably get some type of nice bike at some point.

I have a garage gym, but she prefers the newer equipment at a commercial gym. I'd be more amenable to the nice bike if she's commit to using the garage gym and give up the other membership.
statefan91
Kaiser bikes are the same ones they have at some of the nicer YMCAs. They're not peloton bikes but they're very nice, still half the price of a peloton though

https://www.keiser.com/fitness-equipment/cardio-training/m3i-indoor-cycle
vanuel
Our neighbor got rid of their dining room so that she could have a dedicated Peloton space just like in the ads. They aren't rich, but they sure did bite on the marketing of these things. A Peloton costs more than a brand spanking new Hammer Strength fully tricked out power rack so that you can pedal away all of your gainz while sitting down. We have a super old crappy exercise bike that no one rides now. Trying to get rid of it. A C2 rower would be a better choice, IMO, at around 800 bucks brand new, or scarf one up off Craigslist.
IseWolf22
Buying a power rack to set up in my garage was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
I'd like to add a C2 rower sometime next year
vanuel
IseWolf22 said:

Buying a power rack to set up in my garage was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
I'm trying to get there, man. I love the Y, but it's so much harder to be consistent lifting without a home setup. I've used all of cardio stuff and the C2 is head and shoulders above the rest for conditioning. I finally have a space. Just have to start putting together the equipment.
IseWolf22
vanuel said:

IseWolf22 said:

I'm trying to get there, man. I love the Y, but it's so much harder to be consistent lifting without a home setup. I've used all of cardio stuff and the C2 is head and shoulders above the rest for conditioning. I finally have a space. Just have to start putting together the equipment.
I got a rep fitness rack Black Friday 2018 for about $300. I've never been consistent about lifting until I got my own equipment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.