Joel Osteen

4,203 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ncsupack1
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts, opinions, feelings, etc are toward this guy. I find him to be extremely fake, self centered and egotistical but maybe that's just my opinion. So what say you?
cowboypack02
I tend to not like to listen to the loudest voice in the room.
WarrenPeace
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts, opinions, feelings, etc are toward this guy. I find him to be extremely fake, self centered and egotistical but maybe that's just my opinion. So what say you?

I agree 100%. Also found it very odd for him to let Kanye into his church to lead worship. A lot of folks being misled.
82TxPackFan
He's a charlatan.
RunsWithWolves26
Buddy of mine thought he was great. Went to his church. Came back and has never talked about him since. To each their own.
GuerrillaPack
Osteen is more like a motivational speaker than a preacher of the Bible. ~99% of mainstream churches are teaching false doctrine, and are run by enemy infiltrators. But if it's one of these major televangelists, forget about it -- it's more like a 99.999% chance they are a false teacher. Satan's minions own and control the major television networks. They promote false teachers for the purpose of corrupting the true message of the Bible, and in order to make Christians look foolish.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Bell Tower Grey
He's no Levi Willis.
Radman
Not of fan of the "prosperity gospel" and those like Osteen who preach it. God never promises us riches on this earth. Our treasures are in heaven.
ncsualum05
Speaking as a christian who is extremely flawed so I'll get that out of the way first.

I'm trying to understand the bible some and am no expert by any means. I do think that Jesus warns against people who profit heavily off the gospel. That does not mean all people on TV are bad. There are some really good preachers on TV. But there are also people that aren't genuine and it just seems like Osteen is one of these.
Glasswolf
He will make a good motivational speaker one day. He's not a minister. His father was a very good preacher tho.

Check out Greg Laurie. He's good
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf said:

He will make a good motivational speaker one day. He's not a minister. His father was a very good preacher tho.

Good to know someone else likes Greg Laurie. Have watched / listened to him for years. And you're right, he is good.
Wolfman588
I find Steven Furtik to be in the same false prophet category as Olsteen
Glasswolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

Glasswolf said:

Good to know someone else likes Greg Laurie. Have watched / listened to him for years. And you're right, he is good.
I attended Greg's Harvest Crusade several years back when they stopped in Raleigh. It was powerful and uplifting. And to think he started his ministry by having about 15 people at his home for bible study

Glasswolf
I'm not advocating anything for Jimmy Swaggart or his son Donnie. Disclaimer: back in the earlier 70's Jimmy was a fantastic pentecostal preacher. Very good musician and singer. (Cousins are Jerry Lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley) As most do when fame and future take over their lives he fell and fell hard. But check out youtube and the series Donnie did several years ago in reference to Joel Osteen's interview on Larry King. It's called "Blind Watchman"

If you are a faith believing person (Christian) Donnie totally destroys Osteen in this sermon.

RunsWithWolves26
Wolfman588 said:

Agree with this 100%
Glasswolf
Wolfman588 said:

False profit and crook.

These are just a few that need (in my opinion) that need to be avoided

Paula White
Benny Hinn
Joel Osteen
Crefelo Dollar
Kenneth Copeland
Jesse Duplatis
Jack Van Impe
Ted Haggard
Greenville, NC's own Jim Whittington
Rod Parsley

and Earnest Angley (although hes 98)

RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf said:

Wolfman588 said:

False profit and crook.

Paula White
Benny Hinn
Joel Osteen
Crefelo Dollar
Kenneth Copeland
Jesse Duplatis
Jack Van Impe
Ted Haggard
Rod Parsley

Watch yourself my friend. Benny Hinn will knock you down with the power of laying hands on you from his private jet right now!
RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf said:

Wolfman588 said:

False profit and crook.

Paula White
Benny Hinn
Joel Osteen
Crefelo Dollar
Kenneth Copeland
Jesse Duplatis
Jack Van Impe
Ted Haggard
Rod Parsley

Glad you didn't list my favorite, Dr. Charles Stanley. The man that brought my grandpa to Christ.
Glasswolf
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Glasswolf said:

Wolfman588 said:

False profit and crook.

Paula White
Benny Hinn
Joel Osteen
Crefelo Dollar
Kenneth Copeland
Jesse Duplatis
Jack Van Impe
Ted Haggard
Rod Parsley

Glad you didn't list my favorite, Dr. Charles Stanley. The man that brought my grandpa to Christ.
Charles Stanley has stood the test of time. He's very close to The Rev. Billy Graham in my book.

Glasswolf
There are just certain Preachers that haven't opened themselves up to scrutiny by doing everything the right way. I realize Graham has certain things from his early past but other than that, nothing

Bell Tower Grey
After Whittington got out of federal prison (serving 2 years of a 55 year sentence), he moved his operation out of Greenville.. He's trying to fleece Jamaicans and Haitians now.
statefan91
This is all I think of when I see those grifters on TV. This is a pretty funny show if anyone has HBO.

ZAXPACK15
I had never paid much attention to TV preachers (other than Dr. Stanley who my dad watched every Sunday morning before we went to church) but once I realized what Joel Osteen is about I have been amazed that so many people are fooled by him. He preaches the gospel about as effectively as a snake.
3rd generation CALS grad
ncsupack1
I don't watch any "preachers " on tv...just me...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.