Impeachment

25,068 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by RunsWithWolves26
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It appears the Democrats are about to formally open impeachment articles against Trump. So what say you? Good idea? Bad idea? Political? Non-political? Helpful/hurtful to the far left in 2020? Helpful/hurtful for the far right in 2020? Personally, I couldn't care less. Ain't a damn one of them in DC doing anything for the people to begin with. Have a fun and for God's sake, I am hoping for a clean discussion.
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It really doesn't move the needle for me one way or another. The Democrats have been screaming for impeachment since election day 2016.

I do believe that is is political and i don't think that he has done anything outside of anything that any other president has done. It doesn't matter if he did anything wrong or not. I do think its going to help him electorally next year.

RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cowboy, that is kind of what I'm thinking. It won't hurt him with his base at all, just as it didn't hurt Clinton. What it may do is energize his base even more and potentially take those on the fence and swing then his way. Some on the fence may see this and wonder why the Democrats have to done anything they said they would do if given the house. Some may swing towards the Democrats for the opposite reason. At the end of the day, I believe it is more likely to help Trump during 2020 then hurt him.
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clinton was impeached for lying about a blowjob. What Trump is doing and has done is far worse.
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

It really doesn't move the needle for me one way or another. The Democrats have been screaming for impeachment since election day 2016.

I do believe that is is political and i don't think that he has done anything outside of anything that any other president has done. It doesn't matter if he did anything wrong or not. I do think its going to help him electorally next year.


The man is a liar and is treating the US like his businesses. He will try to bankrupt the country and walk away. He has zero clue what he's doing.

That being said every member of the congress can vote to impeach. #MoscowMitch will never allow the Senate to vote to impeach


What has he done that would count as "high crimes and misdemeanors", just out of curiosity?
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Congress continues to be averted, run over, and outright ignored at every turn by this administration, then it is no longer a co-equal branch of government. This impeachment inquiry is really their last option. And what will surely be glossed over by the media, et al over the next few weeks is an inquiry does not equal actual charges sent to the Senate.
I once blocked Muggsy Bogues' shot at the Siskey YMCA.
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Cowboy, that is kind of what I'm thinking. It won't hurt him with his base at all, just as it didn't hurt Clinton. What it may do is energize his base even more and potentially take those on the fence and swing then his way. Some on the fence may see this and wonder why the Democrats have to done anything they said they would do if given the house. Some may swing towards the Democrats for the opposite reason. At the end of the day, I believe it is more likely to help Trump during 2020 then hurt him.


Good points and I'm not entirely sure what will happen. My best guess is that all 2020 Democrats will/should assume Trump's base will show up in higher numbers than 2016.
I once blocked Muggsy Bogues' shot at the Siskey YMCA.
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackBacker07 said:

If Congress continues to be averted, run over, and outright ignored at every turn by this administration, then it is no longer a co-equal branch of government. This impeachment inquiry is really their last option. And what will surely be glossed over by the media, et al over the next few weeks is an inquiry does not equal actual charges sent to the Senate.


If your worried about overreach your better off starting with the judicial branch. As far as the administration, how has this president done anything different than any of our last presidents over the last 20 years. The executive branch has rights just like the rest of them, and I don't think they have overstepped them yet
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackBacker07 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Cowboy, that is kind of what I'm thinking. It won't hurt him with his base at all, just as it didn't hurt Clinton. What it may do is energize his base even more and potentially take those on the fence and swing then his way. Some on the fence may see this and wonder why the Democrats have to done anything they said they would do if given the house. Some may swing towards the Democrats for the opposite reason. At the end of the day, I believe it is more likely to help Trump during 2020 then hurt him.


Good points and I'm not entirely sure what will happen. My best guess is that all 2020 Democrats will/should assume Trump's base will show up in higher numbers than 2016.


Nothing has changed except that Pelosi gave a speech. All of the investigations were already happening. Let me know when Congress actually votes to start an inquiry, as they should
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't even make it 5 post in before someone had to use a noncleaver nickname to insult someone who doesn't align with their views.
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Didn't even make it 5 post in before someone had to use a noncleaver nickname to insult someone who doesn't align with their views.


You expected something else?
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And remember, Jimmy Carter was asked to give up his PEANUT FARMS when he became President....and he did
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And other than save his rich buddies a ton with the tax law, and attempt to undo everything Obama did by executive order, what has he done to #MAGA?

The deficit has exploded and now McConnell and Rand are talking about cutting SS and Medicad to offset the tax cut..

That may not affect you but I'm close to having to use SS (something I've paid into since 1976) and medicad
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboypack02 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Didn't even make it 5 post in before someone had to use a noncleaver nickname to insult someone who doesn't align with their views.


You expected something else?


Didn't expect it but I guess I was hopeful. I should have known better.
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

And remember, Jimmy Carter was asked to give up his PEANUT FARMS when he became President....and he did


Good for him. What does that have to do with impeaching Trump? Nothing at all. You hate Trump, I personally find him arrogant and annoying but your pure hatred for him is hard to understand. I get it you ain't a fan of his, neither am I but he hasn't done anything that amounts to high crimes and misdemeanors YET. Not that he won't but he hasn't yet
Packisback09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that was a great rant of some very unsupported talking points.

Firing a Comey is not a crime. Comey worked in the executive branch. The president runs the executive branch. Plus Comey violated several rules within the FBI. Prior to Trump firing him the democrats wanted Comey out as well because of how he handled the Clinton case.

The cases for the emoluments clause have been tossed. I would also recommend reading the history of that clause. Again no crime.

I find it funny when folks freak out about relationships with Russians. Where exactly did the Steele get the infooh yeah paid Russians.

I would also like to point out from a MAGA perspective unemployment across the board is at historic lows, wages are up ~3% year over year, income tax revenue is up (see unemployment numbers and increase in wages), recently the average income hit 50k (need to see if that holds over the next few months).

::shrug::
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Based on the graph in the linked page for the unemployment rate, it looks like he just hasn't messed up what Obama was doing - https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

Regarding wage growth, again it looks like he's just "not messed up" what Obama was doing - https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker.aspx

Also, the emoluments cases have been reinstated - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/13/us/politics/trump-emoluments-lawsuit.html

I know this thread is about impeachment rather than his accomplishments, but if you're going to look the other way for all of his ridiculous behavior you should at least couch it in the terms that everything else he's doing for the country is amazing.

Also, the trade war with China has hurt Farmers to the point where the Government has given them $16+ Billion to help them. Not sure how this was a sound economic policy decision - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-announces-emergency-aid-for-farmers-hurt-by-trade-war-says-theyll-win-in-the-end
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well the transcript of the convo with Ukraine does it for me. I'm all in on impeachment now!(not really) As someone who didn't vote for Trump, I almost hope he is re-elected in 2020 just to watch the liberals and media completely lose whatever brains they have left. It's really sad to see.
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FINALLY! We must stop Putin and the Kremlin from running the USA via Drumpff!!1!!

/sarcasm

Russia or the Ukraine don't run the US Govt. But a certain "foreign power" DOES run the US Govt. Trump, all Presidents, and most politicians (in both parties) ARE puppets of a certain ruling cabal. It would be closer to the truth to say that the state of Israel runs the US Govt. Does Russia have the USA fighting wars in the Mid East against their enemies? No. But we are doing this for the state of Israel.

But it goes deeper than that. It's a cabal of elites connected to international banking, who control the governments of all Western nations, and are orchestrating the globalist "New World Order" agenda.
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

FINALLY! We must stop Putin and the Kremlin from running the USA via Drumpff!!1!!

/sarcasm

Russia or the Ukraine don't run the US Govt. But a certain "foreign power" DOES run the US Govt. Trump, all Presidents, and most politicians (in both parties) ARE puppets of a certain ruling cabal. It would be closer to the truth to say that the state of Israel runs the US Govt. Does Russia have the USA fighting wars in the Mid East against their enemies? No. But we are doing this for the state of Israel.

But it goes deeper than that. It's a cabal of elites connected to international banking, who control the governments of all Western nations, and are orchestrating the globalist "New World Order" agenda.


Stay on topic if it's even possible for you please. I don't want this thread to turn into another diatribe of your long post that have nothing to do with impeachment. Thanks
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you could be impeached for being terrible at your job, then yes.
As for high crimes and misdemeanors, I'm on the fence. Trump has pushed the limits in so many areas. But has he really crossed into impeachable conduct in any one instance?
I do think impeachment will only help him politically.
Denverpacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

It really doesn't move the needle for me one way or another. The Democrats have been screaming for impeachment since election day 2016.

I do believe that is is political and i don't think that he has done anything outside of anything that any other president has done. It doesn't matter if he did anything wrong or not. I do think its going to help him electorally next year.


The man is a liar and is treating the US like his businesses. He will try to bankrupt the country and walk away. He has zero clue what he's doing.

That being said every member of the congress can vote to impeach. #MoscowMitch will never allow the Senate to vote to impeach
How and why will he try to bankrupt the country? I do not have my TDS translator book handy right now

Seems to me our economy is pretty damn strong.
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't watch WWE wrestling and I also don't watch political news right now. It's more or less the same thing. I'm also happier. I'm conservative and voted for Donald in 2016 but I think it's hilarious how people on one side try to point to the other when there is some kind of corruption charge or rumor as if it is unprecedented or the entire federal government on both sides isn't corrupt in some way shape or form. DC is a cesspool no matter who is in congress or who is President.
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you can get impeached for getting a blowjob, I don't think it's outlandish to think you could be impeached for freezing aid to a country while also mentioning that they should investigate a political rival that happened to (at the time) be leading the primary polls for the competing party, i.e., your biggest political rival. That's just me though.
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

If you can get impeached for getting a blowjob, I don't think it's outlandish to think you could be impeached for freezing aid to a country while also mentioning that they should investigate a political rival that happened to (at the time) be leading the primary polls for the competing party, i.e., your biggest political rival. That's just me though.


Wasn't part of the reason for Clinton's was that he lied under oath in a civil trail and maybe beforehand? I mean, I know it doesn't fit the narrative for some but I do believe he commited a felony by lieing under oath. Now, is a felony a higher crime or misdemeanor then let's say, the Ukraine convo transcript? I guess that is up for interpretation as well. That's just me though.
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can you PLEASE try to keep this about impeachment and not a grocery store, wall, bull**** here and bull**** there? You hate the guy, we know! Please keep this about impeachment. You can't impeach a president for ignorance or stupidity. If you could, Obama would have been gone one day in as well as many others. If you think he has commited an impeachable act, state it but take the I hate anything trump to another thread or start one. If trump actually commits an impeachable act, I will be the first to start the thread calling for him to be outed from office because I don't care about a ****ing R or D.
Denverpacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

Denverpacker said:

Glasswolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

It really doesn't move the needle for me one way or another. The Democrats have been screaming for impeachment since election day 2016.

I do believe that is is political and i don't think that he has done anything outside of anything that any other president has done. It doesn't matter if he did anything wrong or not. I do think its going to help him electorally next year.


The man is a liar and is treating the US like his businesses. He will try to bankrupt the country and walk away. He has zero clue what he's doing.

That being said every member of the congress can vote to impeach. #MoscowMitch will never allow the Senate to vote to impeach
How and why will he try to bankrupt the country? I do not have my TDS translator book handy right now

Seems to me our economy is pretty damn strong.
You don't go to the grocery store often do you? I go every week. Food prices are crazy. Every supplier of raw materials have raised prices by 18-20% in my industry because of the "tariffs" that the Supreme Leader says China is paying for. NC is loosing $80 Million dollars from it's military to build a wall that Trump said Mexico was going to pay for.
That is such a load of TDS driven BS. I am more in tune with grocery prices than most on here. I have not seen any significant changes. In fact, as soon as hurricane season is over for us down here, we will restock the freezers since prices are so good

Now to the OP's point, what exactly does your crowd consider impeachable here? I have not seen a damn thing.
Wlfpacka7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dem's continue to embarrass themselves by showing how desperate they are. The plan is obvious, keep flicking booger's until one sticks... evidence be damned. Good luck Glass! LOL!
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eh, Ukraine's government has given us legitimate reasons to put a pause on aid until we can vet them more (not that I trust the admin's judgment).
the biggest concerns for me related to impeachment are obstruction of investigations and his business profiting off the government. Here he's pushed acceptable boundaries in a multitude of ways but no one thing has been cut and dry. Lawyers are arguing about it on cable news every day.
I wish he could be impeached for the asinine trade war but sadly he can't. At this point, the best thing would be to vote him out of office. Dems need to nominate someone that center America can get behind. Unfortunately I think impeachment will help him politically.
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like the corruption concerns in Ukraine had already been hashed out appropriately according to the Pentagon about 2 months before this conversation happened - https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/764453663/pentagon-letter-undercuts-trump-assertion-on-delaying-aid-to-ukraine-over-corrup

Just FYI, doesn't mean Trump felt the same way but also not really a great explanation for him

Also - this doesn't sound great, sounds like what I do when I buy some really expensive beer that I don't want my wife to know how much it cost and charge it on a card she doesn't have joint access to

"The complaint also alleges a pattern of obfuscation at the White House, in which officials moved the records of some of Mr Trump's communications with foreign officials onto a separate computer network from where they are normally stored, this person said.

The whistleblower alleges that is what officials did with Mr Trump's 25 July call with Mr Zelensky, an action that alarmed the intelligence community inspector general and prompted him to request that the White House retain records of the Mr Zelensky call."


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-whistleblower-ukraine-call-records-foreign-officials-separate-computer-system-a9120961.html?utm_source=reddit.com
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now Trump wants to know who the Whistleblower is, who gave the Whistleblower information, and advocates that we should be dealing with them by treating them like they've committed treason (punishable by death).



Not a good look but maybe that's just me?
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

Now Trump wants to know who the Whistleblower is, who gave the Whistleblower information, and advocates that we should be dealing with them by treating them like they've committed treason (punishable by death).



Not a good look but maybe that's just me?


And asking these questions is an impeachable offense? Again, what has he done to be impeached? Kinda figured this would turn into a "hate Trump, Trump sucks, etc, etc," but was holding our small hope it wouldn't.
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think what's previously been outlined regarding his use of foreign aid as a bargaining chip to another country to prompt them into investigating a political rival and his family for purposes of affecting a future election is the impeachable part.

Maybe that's just me?
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

I think what's previously been outlined regarding his use of foreign aid as a bargaining chip to another country to prompt them into investigating a political rival and his family for purposes of affecting a future election is the impeachable part.

Maybe that's just me?


I read the transcript. He never used foreign aid as a bargaining chip to look into anyone. Now, I am an independent so I can see something from more then just one far right or far left view. Then again, maybe that's just me.
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

statefan91 said:

Now Trump wants to know who the Whistleblower is, who gave the Whistleblower information, and advocates that we should be dealing with them by treating them like they've committed treason (punishable by death).



Not a good look but maybe that's just me?


And asking these questions is an impeachable offense? Again, what has he done to be impeached? Kinda figured this would turn into a "hate Trump, Trump sucks, etc, etc," but was holding our small hope it wouldn't.
You don't think asking a foreign government to to get dirt on an political opponent is not impeachable?


Transcript says he thinks it should be looked into and ask if the new president would. Funny thing is, this was already out in the public. Clinton brought it up in 2015 and the NYT wrote an article on it in April. Funny how it's now so bad because Trump ask about it. Using your logic, shouldn't Biden be investigated since he CLEARLY admitted to forcing to have someone fired before they would get millions from the USA or does that little bit of info only apply to use against the party or person you don't like?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.