ATWC - Getting a 2nd dog

1,603 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for opinions on pros vs. cons of getting a 2nd dog. My current dog is 2.5 years old, 57 lb mutt. We got him at 10 weeks old and I was working from home. 10 months ago I changed jobs and now go into the office every day.

He seems lonely at home. We used to take him to a friends house once a week and he'd play with their dog all day. However they moved 2 weeks ago. We've been thinking about a 2nd dog. However, we are also hoping that a human kid is in the relatively near future, and two dogs + a baby might be too crazy.
910wolf
My wife and I recently got a second dog, have a 7 year old Lab and a now 5 month old Beagle. We both love dogs so have enjoyed having two. The lab is fine with being home for the work day but we take our Beagle puppy to doggy daycare. It is kind of pricey but he comes home exhausted which is nice.

If you love dogs having two around is a lot of fun but this is coming from someone that does not have kids coming any time soon lol
Glasswolf
Think this week(end) is a clear the shelter event. I have an 11 month old Maltipoo that I'm thinking about getting a playmate for. My daughter left her 3 yr. old with us a few weeks ago for a week and they had so much fun during the day
IseWolf22
I looked at doggie daycare but it would add 30 min to my commute each day.
PackDaddy
How do you and your wife feel about getting a bull?
Bell Tower Grey
After our kids left, we had a lab that was happy to be home with my wife during the day. When she turned 2, we had an opportunity to rescue another lab pup, so we did. They have become nearly inseparable the last few years. The company is good for them even when we are home. When we travel, we have someone that comes over 2 - 3 times a day to let them out, feed them, and play with them. Just like most adults, your dog will be happy with a companion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.