How to remove smell from a washing machine?

2,373 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SudeshKumar
Garrymarton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guys,

Good day to all! I have been searching for an article which is written based on washing machine. I recently bought a new washing machine and now I would like to remove bad smell from it. I don't have better knowledge how to do that. So looking for an online suggestion. Though I got a few sources from online https://devices4home.com/how-to-get-smell-out-of-washing-machine/ But I am open to try other articles too.

Thank you so much for your reply!
wolfpack1437
Have you run it on the "Sanitize" cycle?
IseWolf22
Yeah my front loaded washer keeps getting mildew. I can clean it out and sanitize it, but 6 weeks later it's back
PackFansXL
IseWolf22 said:

Yeah my front loaded washer keeps getting mildew. I can clean it out and satirize it, but 6 weeks later it's back
Interesting technique. At least it has a good sense of humor or loyalty.
IseWolf22
Haha,
Fixed it
vanuel
IseWolf22 said:

Yeah my front loaded washer keeps getting mildew. I can clean it out and sanitize it, but 6 weeks later it's back
Leave the door slightly ajar when not washing clothes so that it gets air inside. Use baby wipe around the seal, etc. to keep the mildew from taking hold. If you leave the door open, it will mostly not be an issue. Even then, ours is light years ahead of the crappy top loader that we had for years and years.
SudeshKumar
I think the bad smell you got from your washing machine is because of not drying it from inside. You have to wash it from any kind of detergent and then clean with dry towel or dry it in sunlight. The water moisture give you that kind of smell. I hope it will work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.