Stranger Things 3

2,310 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wufpack94
JocoPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else here watch Stranger Things? I just finished season 3 last night and man it was pretty crazy. I thought it was better than 2 but not quite as good as season 1. Now I'm wondering what they're going to do with season 4.

*THIS IS A PERMANENT SPOILER ALERT*
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
ncsualum05
I saw it. It's nuts. Good show. This season was a little more horror/gory based IMO. I"m not sure where they go from here. The show is extremely popular and so I expect Netflix to ride this puppy as long as it can but a show like this really can't go but so long. I love the 80's culture references. I was a small child in the 80's but I still remember the late 80's and the early 90's where a lot of that culture carried over for a couple years.
JocoPack
Man I said the same thing about the gore/horror. This season definitely had more "scary moments" to me. Especially with the zombie-like affect the mind flayer had on its victims. I was born in 88 but had some older cousins so a lot of my hand-me-downs were circa the 80s.

One thing I've thought about is how they will combat the aging of the cast. It will take a year or more to get season 4 pushed out, so I'm thinking they'll do a fast forward to at least the late 80s. IMO season 4 will be the last because the kids are already losing their touch because they're getting older.
ncsualum05
JocoPack said:

Man I said the same thing about the gore/horror. This season definitely had more "scary moments" to me. Especially with the zombie-like affect the mind flayer had on its victims. I was born in 88 but had some older cousins so a lot of my hand-me-downs were circa the 80s.

One thing I've thought about is how they will combat the aging of the cast. It will take a year or more to get season 4 pushed out, so I'm thinking they'll do a fast forward to at least the late 80s. IMO season 4 will be the last because the kids are already losing their touch because they're getting older.
I agree on season 4 probably being the end. Netflix will keep this going through next year though and also continue to pump out other originals. They need to... the market is getting ready to go through a cosmic shift in the next year. Some might fail but regardless it's going to get watered down.

Competitors launching between this fall and next spring/ summer: Disney +, NBC Universal, HBO Max, and Apple TV+. Add all of those into the Netflix/Hulu/Amazon world and it's going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.
JocoPack
Yeah it is. To be honest other than Stranger Things I pretty much use Netflix for The Office and Parks and Rec reruns, so with those shows moving to the NBC service and ST coming to an end, my Netflix days might be numbered.
Anti-Smurf
I think season4 will Be it.

Spoiler alert but having Steve and Robin get doped up by Russians and that comedy to go along with the horror - brilliant!
JocoPack
Oh man I know! This season had some great comedy.
Craddock
I saw an interview with the producers the duffer brothers I did not know they were from North Carolina. Season four was to be the last season. Depending on how things go they say there could be a five but it started with the plan to be four One of my favorite shows ever. I really like it.
Did anyone notice the nod to the goonies and to Steven king in season three? If you watch beyond Stranger Things they give a lot of insights to the little Easter eggs that most people don't notice
JocoPack
Wow I didn't realize they were from NC either. Very cool. I'm thinking it's going to be over after 4, but it would be interesting to see how they could work out a 5th season. I just think it would be stale by then.
ncsualum05
JocoPack said:

Yeah it is. To be honest other than Stranger Things I pretty much use Netflix for The Office and Parks and Rec reruns, so with those shows moving to the NBC service and ST coming to an end, my Netflix days might be numbered.
I wouldn't jump ship from or to a service for one show. If you love an old show that much and would watch it over and over then just buy it digitally. Then you'll own it and save money. Or those shows are always playing on live TV in syndication on local channels as well as some turner networks like TBS.
ncsualum05
If Stranger Things were smart then they would explore the other kids who were experimented on with Eleven. Clearly they've barely scratched the surface with that.... you saw the girl in Chicago in season 2. There's got to be others out there with abilities. I think it would be interesting to go deeper into that universe.
Wufpack94
The Duffer brothers are from Durham. There were some references to Jordan Lake and the Eno River. There were also references to specific neighborhoods and roads in Durham.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.