The Mueller Hearings

5,715 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, Robert Mueller is supposed to testify on Wednesday. Do you think anything new will come from it? Seems the left wants him to come read his report like some weird bedtime story and the right has already accused him of working with the left to drop little nuggets to help them with their impeachment movement. My prediction is each side will scream and yell like a bunch of freaking pansies and nothing will be accomplished. Just like every other day in Washington DC.
Glasswolf
Don't think anything new will come out. What I do think will happen is this. Majority of trumps base hasn't read the report and that includes the senate and the house.

The house wants him to basically read it. People will not read but they will watch.

There are many, many instances of obstruction and some that reference collusion in the report.

If trump wasn't president he would be under indictment. To many prosecutors from both sides have said so.

And yes I've read the entire redacted report
RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf said:

Don't think anything new will come out. What I do think will happen is this. Majority of trumps base hasn't read the report and that includes the senate and the house.

The house wants him to basically read it. People will not read but they will watch.

There are many, many instances of obstruction and some that reference collusion in the report.

If trump wasn't president he would be under indictment. To many prosecutors from both sides have said so.

What if he says he wouldn't have charged him even if he wasn't the president? We know each other well so you know I'm playing Devils advocate with you
Glasswolf
He's already said he couldn't as he sits now and put it on Congress. I applaud him for what he did and wrote. His base and the gop just took William Barr's 4 page summary as gospel. He knew no one had read it or would read it.
RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf said:

He's already said he couldn't as he sits now and put it on Congress. I applaud him for what he did and wrote. His base and the gop just took William Barr's 4 page summary as gospel. He knew no one had read it or would read it.

There is a letter that contradicts this written by Mueller to Barr. I've always said that it doesn't batter what the report said. If you hate trump then he is guilty. If you like trump, then he is not. Didn't vote for the guy but in no way do I believe he won because of Russians. To believe that is to ignore the moron he was running against(wish I would have had a better option then her). I doubt I watch a minute of the hearings. Won't amount to anything helpful for the country.
Glasswolf
Let's just cut to the chase and get this out in the open. They are all out for personal gain. President senate and house. Very few Presidents haven't had some skeletons in a closet somewhere. Kennedy was rumored to want to have sex with a different women in every room of the White House. Nixon was a crook. Bush one had his day. So did bush 2. Clinton was a womanizer. Obama had his faults. Reagan was good but slept thru his second term. The only president in my lifetime that had honest to god good intentions was carter. He was terrible.

Trump has his own level on incompetence. His idea has always been to divide the country and pray his base was enough.

And before anyone gets there red or blue panties in a wad let me say this up front. I've always been a registered Democrat. But I've voted for just as many republicans as democratic people since I started voting in 1978. I don't vote part, I vote most qualified
82TxPackFan
RunsWithWolves26 said:

So, Robert Mueller is supposed to testify on Wednesday. Do you think anything new will come from it? Seems the left wants him to come read his report like some weird bedtime story and the right has already accused him of working with the left to drop little nuggets to help them with their impeachment movement. My prediction is each side will scream and yell like a bunch of freaking pansies and nothing will be accomplished. Just like every other day in Washington DC.
This - although it may be interesting to see whether the Republicans can get any traction on the Steele dossier & it's impact on the FISA warrant to allow surveillance on Trump campaign members.
RunsWithWolves26
82TxPackFan said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

This - although it may be interesting to see whether the Republicans can get any traction on the Steele dossier & it's impact on the FISA warrant to allow surveillance on Trump campaign members.

I'm interested in this as well. For some reason, I feel like something just may happen that really stirs the pot, either for the left or for the right. Just seems like something may just have to happen but then again, I wouldn't be shocked to hear nothing at all.
IseWolf22
Glasswolf said:

RunsWithWolves26
These hearings have certainly changed my mind. I now fully believe, up to this point in the hearing, that this country is screwed. This hearing has totally changed my mind and I now believe without any doubt that this hearing has confirmed to me that this country is run by a bunch of freaking morons. I yield the remainder of my time. Thank you.
cowboypack02
I almost feel bad for Mueller after listening to his testimony this morning. Fella should of been put out on the farm years ago.

I do think its pretty obvious at this point that he isn't entirely sure what is in his report, as proven by several sets of questions by congressmen today
82TxPackFan
I wonder how much he got paid to be the figurehead for a report that he evidently had little input on??
cowboypack02
82TxPackFan said:

I wonder how much he got paid to be the figurehead for a report that he evidently had little input on??
They should subpoena the guys who actually wrote the thing to come in and testify, but we'll never see that
RunsWithWolves26
Mueller looked like a shell of himself yesterday. That was sad to see but hey, at least the far left git him to testify. Win for them.(complete sarcasm)
PackBacker07
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Mueller looked like a shell of himself yesterday. That was sad to see but hey, at least the far left git him to testify. Win for them.(complete sarcasm)

You don't think the conspiracy loons on the right wanted a crack at him also?
Y'all means ALL.
RunsWithWolves26
PackBacker07 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Did I say anywhere in my statement that I didn't think that? I am pretty sure, certainly you will correct me when I am wrong, but the left controls the house and they are the ones that sent him the subpoena. I did hear a few, as you call them, "conspiracy loons" staying they didn't see the need for him to testify. All in all, this was a move made by the left and one that backfired on them. Just as it backfired on the right to interview Clinton on tape and it be released. Contrary to the thoughts of the far left and far right, they are all pretty much "loons."
PackBacker07
RunsWithWolves26 said:

PackBacker07 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Did I say anywhere in my statement that I didn't think that? I am pretty sure, certainly you will correct me when I am wrong, but the left controls the house and they are the ones that sent him the subpoena. I did hear a few, as you call them, "conspiracy loons" staying they didn't see the need for him to testify. All in all, this was a move made by the left and one that backfired on them. Just as it backfired on the right to interview Clinton on tape and it be released. Contrary to the thoughts of the far left and far right, they are all pretty much "loons."

I agree with the last sentence. Not much on the other combative nature, but hey, cheers man.
Y'all means ALL.
RunsWithWolves26
PackBacker07 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

PackBacker07 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I agree with the last sentence. Not much on the other combative nature, but hey, cheers man.

Nothing combative about it. You ask a question and I answered it then ask a question myself. That's typically called discussion.
RunsWithWolves26
With the recent news, was trump actually right? The whole Russia thing was a hoax? As someone who hated all the back and forth about it, if this new info is true, it could have all been avoided. Trump may have actually been right about something which doesn't happen often, imo.
ncsualum05
RunsWithWolves26 said:

With the recent news, was trump actually right? The whole Russia thing was a hoax? As someone who hated all the back and forth about it, if this new info is true, it could have all been avoided. Trump may have actually been right about something which doesn't happen often, imo.

I guess I'm biased but I've known for 3 years now that this whole thing was a set up. A silent coup with dirty people at the highest levels. It's scary and hope it never happens again. In order to ensure that I'm hoping to see a lot more revelations drop and some former higher ups need to see the walls of a jail cell.
RunsWithWolves26
ncsualum05 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I guess I'm biased but I've known for 3 years now that this whole thing was a set up. A silent coup with dirty people at the highest levels. It's scary and hope it never happens again. In order to ensure that I'm hoping to see a lot more revelations drop and some former higher ups need to see the walls of a jail cell.

Sadly, more times then not, people with power never get what is deserved. Just the way the world works
Bas2020
Glasswolf said:

Yikes . This thread didn't end well for Glass .

The entire Russian story was a hoax pushed by the mainstream media for thousands of hours over the course of 2 years . People should go to jail including the top FBI brass and the media for defrauding the public .

I wouldn't trust the media if they told me the sky is blue . They've been rendered as 100% partisan hacks of the highest order.
Glasswolf
Bas2020 said:

Glasswolf said:

Yikes . This thread didn't end well for Glass .

The entire Russian story was a hoax pushed by the mainstream media for thousands of hours over the course of 2 years . People should go to jail including the top FBI brass and the media for defrauding the public .

I wouldn't trust the media if they told me the sky is blue . They've been rendered as 100% partisan hacks of the highest order.
Maybe try watching some of the things going on instead of listening to the media which is what I do. And guess what? Intelligence is still saying Russia is interfering in this up coming election. I didn't hear that from the media. I watch what the itelligence people say.

I also didn't expect this thread to end one way or another. You have your opinion and I have mine. Been following politics since Nixon was elected in 1968.
Glasswolf
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/senate-report-all-50-states-were-targeted-by-russian-interference-ahead-of-2016-elections

WASHINGTON (AP) Robert Mueller warned that Russian interference is still happening "as we sit here."
State election officials are anxious and underfunded, some running systems with outdated software and scrounging for replacement parts off e-Bay.
And on Thursday a report from the Senate Intelligence committee concluded all 50 states were targeted in 2016 and ahead of the 2018 election "top election vulnerabilities remained."
But there's no help coming from Congress.
It's a risky calculation heading into 2020, when the stakes will be high for an election that could see record turnout as President Donald Trump runs for a second term. Primary voting is six months away.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday blocked a House-passed bill that would authorize $775 million to beef up state election systems. GOP leaders made the case that the Trump administration has already made great strides in protecting the vote and they say no more funding is needed.

Still waiting to see what those added measures are
cowboypack02
I'm gonna chime in here.....in my opinion was that Mueller wasn't looking for interference with the election...he was looking for Trump collusion with the Russians. If he just looking for election interference in general he wouldn't of just focused on what Trump and members of his campaign did. Here are some excerpts of what was testified to under, under oath, that the Adam Schiff and the democrats refused to release:

James Clapper: "I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone is it was plotting or conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election"

Evelyn Farkas: "I didn't know anything" about Trump collusion with Russia

Michael Cohen: Testified that he has no evidence or information about coordination between Trump and Russia

I can go on and on but i think you get the point.

The fact is that all of these people went on TV and said that they knew Trump was colluding with Russia to interfere with the election, most of them before the 2018 election. Adam Schiff yelled to every reporter and news outlet that would listen to him that he had direct evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, even though it was testified to under other that no one had any proof or evidence. Schiff refused to release to release the transcripts because they didn't meet his narrative, until he was forced to last week.

I am sure that all these government officials that went on and told everyone that there was absolute proof (from all 17 intelligence agencies no less!) weren't trying to influence anything and all...were they?

Sounds a whole lot like they were trying to interfere to me, so why aren't they being investigated too?

cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/senate-report-all-50-states-were-targeted-by-russian-interference-ahead-of-2016-elections

WASHINGTON (AP) Robert Mueller warned that Russian interference is still happening "as we sit here."
State election officials are anxious and underfunded, some running systems with outdated software and scrounging for replacement parts off e-Bay.
And on Thursday a report from the Senate Intelligence committee concluded all 50 states were targeted in 2016 and ahead of the 2018 election "top election vulnerabilities remained."
It's a risky calculation heading into 2020, when the stakes will be high for an election that could see record turnout as President Donald Trump runs for a second term. Primary voting is six months away.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday blocked a House-passed bill that would authorize $775 million to beef up state election systems. GOP leaders made the case that the Trump administration has already made great strides in protecting the vote and they say no more funding is needed.

I'd like to see something as simple as needing an ID to vote, but hey, I guess that spending 775 million dollars is easier than just having someone use something that they already have to vote with
Bas2020
Glasswolf said:

The only thing proven the Russians did was buy Facebook Ads. The USA has done way more than that to try and influence other country's elections . There is zero evidence of anything else including the DNC server . Meanwhile the media and left told the American public that the President of the USA was a Russian agent lol .

The media has destroyed this country . There is no going back .
ncsualum05
I'm still waiting to see how Russians influenced votes in 2016. Will they in 2020? I read where Flynn was chastised for expressing more concern in 2017 for China than Russia. That aged well.
Glasswolf
ncsualum05 said:

I'm still waiting to see how Russians influenced votes in 2016. Will they in 2020? I read where Flynn was chastised for expressing more concern in 2017 for China than Russia. That aged well.
Don't think anyone thinks Russia changed any votes in 2016. There's no way of actually showing where they changed votes. They did interfere with the facebook and twitter campaigns. They are doing the same again. But if you don't think they are interfering that's on you. Every US Intelligence Agency has stated as much multiple times. Trump and the Majority Leader are the only ones denying it.

As I've said numerous times, Reagan worked with Russia, but he never trusted them
Bas2020
That's funny because it's leaking out tonight that John Brennan was sitting on Russian Intelligence that Putin was hoping Hilary won the election based on CIA intelligence that he never disclosed . The whole thing was not only a lie but the opposite was true .

The Russians have been trying to influence elections for 50 years . So do the US . So does China . Trumps point , and he is right , is it literally had zero impact . The media for 2 years acted like it's the only way he won . They exaggerated and flat out made up stuff with help from the top of the FBI . Get ready because people are going to go to jail . We can't have the FBI, DOJ and media weaponized against innocent people for political gain . This is America but the Dems are treating it like a Banana Republic . This is the biggest scandal in 40 yrs . If the media was fair and honest this would be the biggest story many of us have ever seen. A former president and the head of the FBI going after a rightfully elected President because they "don't like him" thru illegal means . This is crazy and it's not American .
pack95
cowboypack02 said:

Glasswolf said:

I'd like to see something as simple as needing an ID to vote, but hey, I guess that spending 775 million dollars is easier than just having someone use something that they already have to vote with

Took the words right out of my mouth. But this would take way too many votes away from the dems/socialists.
cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Don't think anyone thinks Russia changed any votes in 2016. There's no way of actually showing where they changed votes. They did interfere with the facebook and twitter campaigns. They are doing the same again. But if you don't think they are interfering that's on you. Every US Intelligence Agency has stated as much multiple times. Trump and the Majority Leader are the only ones denying it.

As I've said numerous times, Reagan worked with Russia, but he never trusted them

I have no doubt that Russia is running Facebook and Twitter ads, just like I'm sure that China, Syria, Iran, Mexico, and any other number of countries are doing the exact same thing. I'm also sure that the US is doing the exact same thing in other countries as well.

Who cares?

Problem is that the Democrats and the Media have been screaming since day one with no proof that Trump has been colluding with Russia. Why would anyone admit that they know that knowing that they will be crucified for saying that it's happening, even though it's not their fault? I wouldn't, and if you were being honest you wouldn't either.

This is what happens when the media is the media arm of one of the two political parties in the US...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.