FaceApp

1,834 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PackMom
PackMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have any of you all done this? What do you think about it - especially the techies? I saw a feature on it on the news yesterday which purported to address the security concerns (Russian owned, cloud processing of photos, etc). The anchors said they had tried it. Well, the photos of news anchors are all over the web anyway so maybe they figure it's no extra risk. They did not, however, show the results!

Me? I'm old enough I don't really want to see what I might look like in another 20 years if I'm still around!
cowboypack02
There is no way that i want pictures of myself all over the interwebs.
wilmwolf
If you have facebook, or instagram, your facial information, and more, is already being cataloged. It's all fairly innocent now, but it could be used nefariously if in the wrong hands.

https://popculture.com/trending/2019/07/03/instagram-outage-reveals-eerie-look-apps-facial-recognition/
PackMom
Interesting. I have a Facebook account so I can see some family pictures when notified they're there, but I don't have any pictures of me on my account.
RunsWithWolves26
I don't like the way I look now! I dang sure don't want to see the future older version of me!
wilmwolf
RunsWithWolves26 said:

I don't like the way I look now! I dang sure don't want to see the future older version of me!
I've seen my father and my grand fathers. The future doesn't look bright for me. I don't need an app for that.
PackMom
Not only do I not want to see its projection of my elderly face, I sure don't want it sending said image to the Russians or anyone else.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.