The Squad

12,341 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Omar had an interesting tweet yesterday. Apparently Trump hates all black/brown people and is a racist. Should Trump supporters be offended and raise hell about it? Asking simply for fill disclosure. On another note, Biden basically said on a n interview that trump was a racist and his base was just chanting the deep dark areas they support. Did he just call all Trump supporters racist? Interesting the way things are being covered right now.
BigLefty24
The fact that these folks are leading our country and are forced upon us as potential Presidential candidates tell you all you need to know about the state of our country..

The divide and conquer tactic failed the first time, and led to Trump being in office. It's also the very reason he'll be re-elected in 2020. Democrats could push a moderate candidate with half a personality, and they'd run away with the election. Instead, they'll continue to push folks like "The Squad" to the forefront of their party, and all of those Republican voters that are in the fence about Trump will cast their votes for him again in 2020.

statefan91
BigLefty24 said:

The fact that these folks are leading our country and are forced upon us as potential Presidential candidates tell you all you need to know about the state of our country..

The divide and conquer tactic failed the first time, and led to Trump being in office. It's also the very reason he'll be re-elected in 2020. Democrats could push a moderate candidate with half a personality, and they'd run away with the election. Instead, they'll continue to push folks like "The Squad" to the forefront of their party, and all of those Republican voters that are in the fence about Trump will cast their votes for him again in 2020.

Honestly, letting someone like AOC or Omar drive your feelings on Democrats as a whole is the same as letting Steve King or Gaetz drive your feelings on Republicans as a whole. I think once the field is winnowed to 5-6, you'll see more focus on the top of the ticket people rather than AOC, etc.

I don't think Pelosi is particularly pushing them to the forefront, in fact I think she's doing her best to keep them placated without doing anything to rile up the bases in moderate Dem districts.

I do think it will be interesting to see if the Democrats have the ability to turn out more Ds and left-leaning Independents in 2020. Trump and the majority of Republican congressmen seem to just be focusing on their base at this point.
PackBacker07
BigLefty24 said:

The divide and conquer tactic failed the first time, and led to Trump being in office. It's also the very reason he'll be re-elected in 2020.

But couldn't you argue Trump himself is the ultimate "divide and conquer" POTUS/candidate? I can't recall someone winning who is more divisive than him. He attacks everyone not confined to his little box of sycophants, and that began during the GOP primaries. (I'm not saying it's a good strategy)
Y'all means ALL.
cowboypack02
PackBacker07 said:

BigLefty24 said:

The divide and conquer tactic failed the first time, and led to Trump being in office. It's also the very reason he'll be re-elected in 2020.

But couldn't you argue Trump himself is the ultimate "divide and conquer" POTUS/candidate? I can't recall someone winning who is more divisive than him. He attacks everyone not confined to his little box of sycophants, and that began during the GOP primaries. (I'm not saying it's a good strategy)
I think that the actions of democrats to vilify anyone that disagrees with them lead to Trump
RunsWithWolves26
cowboypack02 said:

PackBacker07 said:

BigLefty24 said:

I think that the actions of democrats to vilify anyone that disagrees with them lead to Trump

Deplorables.
PackBacker07
cowboypack02 said:

PackBacker07 said:

BigLefty24 said:

So it's a never-ending circle where everything leads back to a Trump re-election? Left, right, up, down, indifferent?
Y'all means ALL.
cowboypack02
RunsWithWolves26 said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackBacker07 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Deplorables.
I hadn't even thought of being called a deplorable but you are right there. I was thinking more along the lines of being called racist, sexist or homophobic just because i don't agree with the ideas of a leftist.

It doesn't matter your actual thoughts or stance on anything its just the effort to destroy someone because they disagree in politics.

You can look at today for example: The black politicians from VA are boycotting Trump today in Jamestown because he has gotten into it with Cummings over his district in Baltimore, but the same folks are awfully quiet about the governor of their state running around in blackface. News article for reference: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/30/virginia-democrats-boycott-trump-jamestown-speech/1862090001/
statefan91
2 mins of googling led me to this from USA Today, which I assume is ok since that's where your article is from: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/08/northam-blackface-scandal-black-caucus-democrats-call-virginia-governor-resign/2810746002/

"The Virginia Legislative Black Caucus weighed in on Thursday night with a statement reiterating its call that Northam step down"
cowboypack02
statefan91 said:

2 mins of googling led me to this from USA Today, which I assume is ok since that's where your article is from: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/08/northam-blackface-scandal-black-caucus-democrats-call-virginia-governor-resign/2810746002/

"The Virginia Legislative Black Caucus weighed in on Thursday night with a statement reiterating its call that Northam step down"
So you find an article from when everything first came out 7 months ago. Where did all of those folk who wanted the governor to step down go.......oh yeah....they remembered that they agreed with his politics and lost their voices
statefan91
I'm not sure I follow. I found an article refuting your statement that they never spoke up because he was a Democrat and shared it, that's all.
pack99
TopsailWolf said:

This has been the case for 30 years. Nothing will change until a 3rd, moderate party emerges. The 10% radicals on both ends are the only people represented currently. The rest of us 80% suffer.

Washington is a joke.
This is pretty much how I feel as well. As someone who is probably slightly left of center on most issues, I can't relate to either party right now. I can't recall a time of such name calling and refusal to budge on both sides. It's become a political football game. My team v. your team. Nothing your team says or does is ever right. My team is always right. Winning is all that matters. There is no compromise. As far as I can tell, almost all politicians today just want to win at all costs, rather than to try to come together to create a better America.
statefan91
pack99 said:

TopsailWolf said:

This has been the case for 30 years. Nothing will change until a 3rd, moderate party emerges. The 10% radicals on both ends are the only people represented currently. The rest of us 80% suffer.

Washington is a joke.
This is pretty much how I feel as well. As someone who is probably slightly left of center on most issues, I can't relate to either party right now. I can't recall a time of such name calling and refusal to budge on both sides. It's become a political football game. My team v. your team. Nothing your team says or does is ever right. My team is always right. Winning is all that matters. There is no compromise. As far as I can tell, almost all politicians today just want to win at all costs, rather than to try to come together to create a better America.
This is why we need Ranked Choice Voting! I don't think an Independent candidate has a chance in most elections unfortunately.
IseWolf22
statefan91 said:

This is why we need Ranked Choice Voting! I don't think an Independent candidate has a chance in most elections unfortunately.
+1,000,000

Ranked choice voting is the #1 best way to break the two party stranglehold.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.