Cam on Airplane

2,359 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by statefan91
Pack87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Social media covered up with the fact that Cam offered a guy $1500 for his seat with more legroom, and got shot down. Why is this a story? He offered a guy a fair amount of money to trade seats. He can afford it. He didn't do anything wrong. I don't have a problem with the guy turning it down, but I don't see the harm in offering to pay him to switch.
statefan91
He's one of 32 starting QBs in the NFL so I'm sure they'd do this no matter who it is, but agreed that it's especially overblown because it's Cam. If the media spent close to the same amount of time on all the charity work he does with youth they'd get a lot less clicks.
wilmwolf
I haven't really seen anyone reporting on it in a negative way. It's an odd thing to witness, you don't normally see someone of his fame level sitting in coach at all, much less trying to buy someone else's seat. I read somewhere that the guy was not an American, so he probably didn't even know who Newton was. If some guy I didn't know, dressed like a circus clown, came up to me and tried to buy my seat, I'd probably say no too. The worrisome part is that someone recorded it all and posted it online as soon as it happened, but that's the world we live in I guess.
statefan91
He had a flight get cancelled and rebooked to another flight that didn't have availability in first class. That's the only reason he was in coach in the first place.
Pack87
wilmwolf80 said:

I haven't really seen anyone reporting on it in a negative way. It's an odd thing to witness, you don't normally see someone of his fame level sitting in coach at all, much less trying to buy someone else's seat. I read somewhere that the guy was not an American, so he probably didn't even know who Newton was. If some guy I didn't know, dressed like a circus clown, came up to me and tried to buy my seat, I'd probably say no too. The worrisome part is that someone recorded it all and posted it online as soon as it happened, but that's the world we live in I guess.
I have seen a lot of negative about it. Basically saying Cam is a spoiled child not getting his way. He made an offer, the guy didn't take it, so what? Is it unusual sure but I certainly would not be offended if someone offered me $1500 for my seat. I may not take it either, especially if I didn't know who the individual was. I just don't think it is news worthy. I agree that the Big Brother nature of cameras everywhere is the most troubling.
BP Cox
Staff
Why didn't he use that $1500 on first class seats? Not like he can't afford them.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
statefan91
BP Cox said:

Why didn't he use that $1500 on first class seats? Not like he can't afford them.
...did you read anything above or did you just post...?
JocoPack
Yeah this was a rescheduled flight for Cam so he couldn't help it. From what I've read the flight was to France, right? $1,500 for one way of an 11 hour flight first class is actually kinda cheap isn't it? Idk who they were flying with but my Delta app says it's $2,000 round trip from RDU. So that would net you about $500 which is not worth the comfort of first class for 11 hours lol
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
statefan91
JocoPack said:

Yeah this was a rescheduled flight for Cam so he couldn't help it. From what I've read the flight was to France, right? $1,500 for one way of an 11 hour flight first class is actually kinda cheap isn't it? Idk who they were flying with but my Delta app says it's $2,000 round trip from RDU. So that would net you about $500 which is not worth the comfort of first class for 11 hours lol
I don't think I would do $1500 for an 11 hour flight, it would probably take about $5000 before I'd think about it, especially knowing it makes little difference to the person offering, it's all pocket change.

I thought I heard this was just a flight from Dallas to CLT though, just FYI. No clue in actuality.
JocoPack
statefan91 said:

JocoPack said:

I don't think I would do $1500 for an 11 hour flight, it would probably take about $5000 before I'd think about it, especially knowing it makes little difference to the person offering, it's all pocket change.

I thought I heard this was just a flight from Dallas to CLT though, just FYI. No clue in actuality.
Just googled. Original flight was from Paris to CLT. Once flight changed he had to go through DFW. 10-11 hour flight, I ain't giving up my first class seat for $1,500.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
BP Cox
Staff
statefan91 said:

BP Cox said:

...did you read anything above or did you just post...?
Lol...I just posted. Guilty.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
statefan91
JocoPack said:

statefan91 said:

JocoPack said:

Just googled. Original flight was from Paris to CLT. Once flight changed he had to go through DFW. 10-11 hour flight, I ain't giving up my first class seat for $1,500.
Agreed - and $1500 is a good amount of money but for that long of a flight, with the benefits of first class? No way. $5000 minimum plus whatever I paid for my ticket/upgrade.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.