Please pray for my daughter

5,626 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gulfstream4
NCSUBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She has a very weakened body with significant impact from multiple rare autoimmune diseases and lupus, which has impacted most of her organs, connective tissues and circulatory system.

This week, she was diagnosed with a fairly rare cancer that is normally found in women in their mid 60's or older. This aggressive and highly invasive cancer occurs less than .1% of the time in women her age and is especially bad the younger you are.

She is thousands of miles from here with zero family near and no support system in place. I cannot get her here in time to move insurance and get her into drs.

If you pray, I would appreciate it.

If you pray,
wilmwolf
Done
PackFansXL
Bill, I pray for your daughter as well as your family. I would encourage y'all to seek additional medical opinions because those diagnoses seem highly unusual. If you're comfortable sharing a first name it helps with prayer lists. Either way, be encouraged that your family is in our prayers!
Wolfer79
Done
Bell Tower Grey
Will pray for her, and your entire family. I've called someone in our men's fellowship at church; he's going to send out an email to all our group. God bless you all.
NCSUBill
I have been her only parent since age 10. There is a problem with a guy in this area who was so bad I had to move her 13 times to get her away from him snd out of sight.
He occasionally gets on NCSU sites. So, I cannot openly disclose her name.
packguy75
will be in a spirit of prayer...
PackMom
Praying for her and for you.
PoleD
Praying for all of you.
Glasswolf
PoleD said:

Praying for all of you.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

82TxPackFan
Just prayed for you & your daughter - may God provide healing for your daughter & Peace for both of you.
Danny Teal
I also have prayed for your daughter and your family,for we have a merciful and all powerful GOD! Also my hopes and prayers are with you and your daughter in your time of need.
NCSUBill
Still waiting on results of genetic testing. Her autoimmunes are really making it difficult to come up with a treatment plan.

PackMom
Thanks for the update. Continuing to pray for y'all.
NCSUBill
Initial genetic tests came back very good. Surgery is Wednesday, that is when they will get indicators if it spread - may change surgery plan.

After the tumor is out, the OCO genetic tests will come back 7 - 10 days later. That will dictate course of tratment.
PackFansXL
Sounds encouraging. We will continue our prayers.
cowboypack02
Glad to start hearing positive news Bill. Please keep us updated
PackMom
Praying for you all, Bill. Keep us posted when you can. Hope the surgery goes well.
Danny Teal
Same here, prayers sent!
Steve Williams
Staff
Prayers sent Bill.
NCSUBill
Surgery went well and appears to be successful. However, pathology report came up with a secondary issue that is not good long term. Will be 7 - 13 days before OCO test results come back that dictates exact treatment. At a minimum, she will undergo fairly extensive testing every 6 months for the rest of her life and will undergo a fairly harsh treatment for the next 15 years for someone her age.

I am pushing for testing for the new gene based therapies, but that may be a huge stretch for where she is located.

Thank you so much for your prayers.
PackMom
Bill, they can send samples off for molecular testing from anywhere, and often the doctors at the major centers will consult with local oncologists on treatment protocols if necessary. A friend of mine is being treated locally while her doctors consult with MD Anderson because of her unusual cancer.

I'm so sorry she's having to go through all this but try to remember that cancer treatment is vastly different from what we have heard about for so many years, and the protocols for relieving side effects are so much better. I hope she recovers well from the surgery.

NCSUBill
Thanks Mom
NCSUBill
Chemo is not going well, massive side effects that Drs don't seem able to control.
PackMom
Sorry to hear that. I hope they find an answer for her soon.
cowboypack02
I'm really sorry to hear that Bill. Hopefully something will turn the right way soon. You and your family are in my prayers
PackFansXL
cowboypack02 said:

I'm really sorry to hear that Bill. Hopefully something will turn the right way soon. You and your family are in my prayers
This. We're praying for y'all.

I know this may not help, but when a friend was dealing with that disease I introduced them to V's Espy speech. YouTube auto loaded some prominent sports figures telling their stories about how that speech helped them. There are some great stories posted out there.

Hang in there and know that we care for y'all, Bill.
Bell Tower Grey
Will continue to pray for her and your family.
Tootie4Pack
Bill, please know that others will continue to lift you and your daughter and family up in prayer. The challenges that she faces with the chemo can be significant , but we will continue to pray that when she receives her final treatment, that she will be cancer free.
NCSUBill
After chemo and a short pause, radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks.
PackMom
One more chemo, right?
NCSUBill
Right now that is the plan, but who knows.
cowboypack02
Hey Bill. Wanted to check in and see how your daughter was doing. Hope everything is going the best that it can for you guys
Gulfstream4
Done brotaterchip. Keep us posted please.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.