Best Beach to buy a home

2,902 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WolfPacker54
Santepack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to buy at the beach somewhere in NC/SC. Myrtle Beach is a non starter. Need to be within an hour of an airport. Looking for quiet residential oriented area with a few good restaurants and bars. Budget is flexible but would like to stay in 500K range if possible. What day he, Wolfpack brothers and sisters?
Bell Tower Grey
Swansboro, Cape Carteret areas, on the ICW. Convenient to airport in New Bern.
wilmwolf
Santepack said:

Looking to buy at the beach somewhere in NC/SC. Myrtle Beach is a non starter. Need to be within an hour of an airport. Looking for quiet residential oriented area with a few good restaurants and bars. Budget is flexible but would like to stay in 500K range if possible. What day he, Wolfpack brothers and sisters?
In my area, you are looking at three places that fit your requirements. Here in New Hanover county, you would be looking at Carolina Beach/Kure/Ft.Fisher area. Down south, it would be Oak Island, and north would be Topsail. Now, depending on where you are on those islands, you may be pushing the one hour from the airport requirement a bit, but all are close enough that should qualify.
metcalfmafia
Figure 8 Island
wilmwolf
It's a nice place, if you like big empty houses and landscape crews running weed eaters all day. I think he'll have a hard time finding anything in the 500k range though.
TraCha4
Ocean Isle Beach
TopsailWolf
LOL
TopsailWolf
If you end up looking in the Wilmington area let me know. My wife is a broker in the area, and we also have construction company. Would love to help you find or build a home. Good luck in your search!
cowboypack02
You could buy up in the Kitty Hawk or Nags Head area. Your only about an hour from the airport in Norfolk.
AlleyPack
When you say "at the beach" do you mean a literal "beach front" house?
Or just a house that is in a beach town?

Someone mentioned Swansboro (Onslow County) and Cape Carteret (Carteret County). There are other good places as you move north from there -- Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Morehead City, Beaufort, Harkers Island.
The New Bern airport is only about 40 minutes away (maybe 50 if you buy at HI).
WolfPacker54
Kure Beach is great. Lots of bars and restaurants on the island and Wilmington is only a 20-30 minute drive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.