Beto and AOC: "world will end" if we don't act on climate change in 12 years

7,023 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NatePait94
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ocasio-Cortez:

Quote:

"Millennials and people, you know, Gen Z and all these folks that will come after us are looking up and we're like: The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?" Ocasio-Cortez told Coates. "This is the war this is our World War II."

Beto:

Quote:

The question is on the Green New Deal, and if you don't mind I will take the spirit of the question. We face catastrophe and crisis on this planet, even if we were to stop emitting Carbon today, right now at this moment...

We have no more than 12 years to take incredibly bold action on this crisis.

Your kids, my kids. Ulysses, who in 2050 is going to be just about my age, will be looking back on this moment in Keokuk in 2019 and every moment thereafter to judge what we did or failed to do. Thinking about us, his kids' lives, whether they can even breathe, depends on what we do now.

Some will criticize the Green New Deal for being too bold or being unmanageable. I tell you what, I haven't seen anything better that addresses this singular crisis we face, a crisis that could at its worst lead to extinction.

omg. That increased CO2 will mean we won't be able to even BREATHE!! I guess it will drown out the oxygen! Whoah. This is serious guys!

Yeah, the Democrats who have cheerleaded a literal mass genocide of tens of millions of unborn children over the last few decades, and now are championing murdering children after they are born...these guys are real "lovers of humanity" who are truly concerned about humans going extinct.

How can anyone take this hysteria seriously? If you actually believe this hogwash about carbon dioxide causing mythical global warming that is going to "raise the sea levels and drown coastal areas and cause this global cataclysm that will kill us all" --somehow--, then do you not drive a car or burn any fossil fuels? Do you use electricity in your house? Do you have solar panels on your house? Are you still flying on airplanes? If you believe this baloney, then what you are personally doing to reduce your CO2 output and prevent the "coming CO2 catastrophe"?

And if AOC's Green New Deal goes through, you won't even be able to drive a car or fly on a plane anymore. She and her ilk want to ultimately ban all fossil fuels. In the meantime, they will jack taxes up on gasoline & coal, so that gas is $5-$10 per gallon or more, and you won't even be able to afford to have a car. And your home electric bill will triple or quadruple.

The reality is that there is no global warming. The earth has been in a cooling phase for around the last 15 years. This "climate change" agenda has absolutely nothing to do with the weather. It's all about government power grabs, increased taxation, de-industrialization of the Western world and lowering our standard of living, and ultimately a plan by the Satanic elites for forced human population reduction.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez even said that we should not have children because of climate change. Other leftists have advocated a one-child policy to "fight global warming" -- like Ted Turner, here.

The REAL threat to the extinction of humanity are communists/leftists. First, they want as many humans as possible to be aborted or never born. Next, they want to tax and regulate you to death so that you are poor, and cannot even afford to have children. And ultimately they will establish a totalitarian government that will deliberately perpetrate mass genocide of the remaining of the population -- as in the Soviet Union, Cambodia, China, etc.
Glasswolf
Not sure about the 12 year thing but climate change is a real issue. We need to do something.
GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

Not sure about the 12 year thing but climate change is a real issue. We need to do something.
The climate is always changing. There was a mini ice age from ~1500s-1800s AD. In the 1960 and 1970s, a cold spell came and they were talking about another mini ice age coming. The activity of mankind has a negligible impact upon the temperatures on the earth. Earth's temperatures go up and down over time in cycles, due to natural phenomena, and mainly due to the activity of the sun.

There is no real evidence that carbon dioxide emissions are causing the earth to warm. Yes, there was a warming period from the 1980s through the late 1990s or early 2000s. But over the last 15 years, global temperatures have been dropping. We are currently in a phase of global cooling -- see here and here. Not warming. This is the main reason that the people pushing the "climate change" agenda de-emphasized and almost stopped using the term "global warming", and re-branded their agenda as "climate change".

But even if you believe that CO2 causes warming, even those promoting the "climate change" agenda are predicting and claiming it will be a relatively small amount of warming -- just a degree or so. So even if you buy that, you are talking about a negligible impact to the earth. We're not talking about "the polar regions completely melting and drowning coastal areas" and "hurricanes sprouting up and killing millions" and "vast regions of the earth drying up and turning into deserts". All that talk is pure hysteria, based on no real evidence whatsoever. It is fear-mongering used to push their political agenda.

The real threat to life on earth would be another ice age. Not warming. Agriculture and growing crops is much more negatively affected by cold weather. Past periods of global cooling and "ice ages" have corresponded to declines in human civilization and population. To the contrary, periods of warming in the past have corresponded to advancement in human civilization and population growth.

RunsWithWolves26
GuerrillaPack said:

Glasswolf said:

The climate is always changing. There was a mini ice age from ~1500s-1800s AD. In the 1960 and 1970s, a cold spell came and they were talking about another mini ice age coming. The activity of mankind has a negligible impact upon the temperatures on the earth. Earth's temperatures go up and down over time in cycles, due to natural phenomena, and mainly due to the activity of the sun.

There is no real evidence that carbon dioxide emissions are causing the earth to warm. Yes, there was a warming period from the 1980s through the late 1990s or early 2000s. But over the last 15 years, global temperatures have been dropping. We are currently in a phase of global cooling -- see here and here. Not warming. This is the main reason that the people pushing the "climate change" agenda de-emphasized and almost stopped using the term "global warming", and re-branded their agenda as "climate change".

But even if you believe that CO2 causes warming, even those promoting the "climate change" agenda are predicting and claiming it will be a relatively small amount of warming -- just a degree or so. So even if you buy that, you are talking about a negligible impact to the earth. We're not talking about "the polar regions completely melting and drowning coastal areas" and "hurricanes sprouting up and killing millions" and "vast regions of the earth drying up and turning into deserts". All that talk is pure hysteria, based on no real evidence whatsoever. It is fear-mongering used to push their political agenda.

The real threat to life on earth would be another ice age. Not warming. Agriculture and growing crops is much more negatively affected by cold weather. Past periods of global cooling and "ice ages" have corresponded to declines in human civilization and population. To the contrary, periods of warming in the past have corresponded to advancement in human civilization and population growth.

You had to edit this 9 times to try to make a understandable point? Man, you're slacking!
GuerrillaPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

You had to edit this 9 times to try to make a understandable point? Man, you're slacking!
adding info and editing typos

added a couple paragraphs and a couple other sentences after the initial post

I also admit I have a problem of not proof-reading before I hit the button to post

And this is the best "critique" you have of my position, and defense you have to offer in favor of the climate change swindle?? (oops, that's 3 edits)
PackBacker07
The Republican Party is the only major political faction left on this planet that doesn't believe in man-made climate change. That is not hyperbole. We need to do something if not for yourself, for you children and future family. Planet over party.
Y'all means ALL.
GuerrillaPack
PackBacker07 said:

The Republican Party is the only major political faction left on this planet that doesn't believe in man-made climate change. That is not hyperbole. We need to do something if not for yourself, for you children and future family. Planet over party.

Appeal to majority fallacy of argument. Just because a majority -- and even a very large majority -- believes something, does not mean they are correct.

Every public school and almost every private school in the Western world teaches that the theory of evolution is a "fact", and that the world was not created by a Higher Power. And yet...they are 100% dead wrong, there is zero real evidence to support the theory, and these schools are indoctrinating people in what they know are lies.

There are actually many nations that have not ratified the Paris accord, and many "factions" all over the world who reject the climate change agenda.

Most importantly, there is no proof. There is no evidence that this global warming is occurring. And even if it was, there is no real proof that CO2 would cause it. And if this warming were to hypothetically occur, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that any "catastrophic" effects would occur, such as "sea levels rising several feet and killing millions of people" etc.

The earth is now in a cooling phase, and has been for the last 15 years. This seems to disprove the claims of the global warming propagandists.
mdreid
GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

Every public school and almost every private school in the Western world teaches that the theory of evolution is a "fact", and that the world was not created by a Higher Power. And yet...they are 100% dead wrong, there is zero real evidence to support the theory, and these schools are indoctrinating people in what they know are lies.

now i know that youre 100% crazy.
RunsWithWolves26
mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

It took that somewhat normal comment from him for you to finally realize that? Hell, the public school comment is somewhat normal compared to some of the other stuff he rattles on about
GuerrillaPack
mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

I'm "crazy" because I believe that the universe must have been created by a Higher Power? And because I reject the fairy tale that the universe came into existence as the result of "sheer chance" from a big explosion, and all life came into existence from "lightning striking the primordial soup and then somehow the first life formed and we then evolved from bacteria and into monkeys and into humans"?

No. People are truly insane if they believe the absolute lunacy that is the theory of evolution.
GuerrillaPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

It took that somewhat normal comment from him for you to finally realize that? Hell, the public school comment is somewhat normal compared to some of the other stuff he rattles on about
Like what? That I dare to oppose the new Democrat agenda to kill children after they have been born?

Or that I believe than an unborn child is a living human being, and that to kill that unborn child is murder and wrong?
RunsWithWolves26
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

Like what? That I dare to oppose the new Democrat agenda to kill children after they have been born?

Or that I believe than an unborn child is a living human being, and that to kill that unborn child is murder and wrong?

No. It's the fact that you state your opinion as fact when it isn't. Prime example. "Every public school in the western world" crap. As someone who has family that teaches in the public school system in 3 different states, your opinion yet again is wrong and uneducated. Then again, you do enjoy taking everything to the extreme so it's not much of a surprise.
PackFansXL
RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

No. It's the fact that you state your opinion as fact when it isn't. Prime example. "Every public school in the western world" crap. As someone who has family that teaches in the public school system in 3 different states, your opinion yet again is wrong and uneducated. Then again, you do enjoy taking everything to the extreme so it's not much of a surprise.
To be fair, I would be surprised to hear of a public school that doesn't teach evolution as fact.
RunsWithWolves26
PackFansXL said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

To be fair, I would be surprised to hear of a public school that doesn't teach evolution as fact.

6 family members, 3 different states, all public school and never once have they ever said evolution was taught. I can only go by first hand knowledge from them, in the schools and the classrooms. What other schools do, I don't know.
PackFansXL
RunsWithWolves26 said:

PackFansXL said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

6 family members, 3 different states, all public school and never once have they ever said evolution was taught. I can only go by first hand knowledge from them, in the schools and the classrooms. What other schools do, I don't know.
Interesting and quite surprising. If you don't mind, which states are we referencing?
RunsWithWolves26
PackFansXL said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

PackFansXL said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

Interesting and quite surprising. If you don't mind, which states are we referencing?

3 in NC, 2 in VA and 1 in GA. All 6 are bible believers and outspoken so if evolution was prominent in their schools, I'm pretty dang sure I would have heard about it. Lol
PackFansXL
Quote:

PackFansXL said:
3 in NC, 2 in VA and 1 in GA. All 6 are bible believers and outspoken so if evolution was prominent in their schools, I'm pretty dang sure I would have heard about it. Lol
---------------------------------------------
Thanks! I would be interested in the IBC #'s for the Biology texts if you happen to hear about those.

I live in Austin, TX, also known as the People's Republic of Texas. LOL. The textbook wars are big in Texas. Progressives try to promote alternative views on history in particular that support their agenda and Conservatives fight to keep traditional perspectives included. Contentious to say the least.
RunsWithWolves26
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

PackFansXL said:
---------------------------------------------
Thanks! I would be interested in the IBC #'s for the Biology texts if you happen to hear about those.

I live in Austin, TX, also known as the People's Republic of Texas. LOL. The textbook wars are big in Texas. Progressives try to promote alternative views on history in particular that support their agenda and Conservatives fight to keep traditional perspectives included. Contentious to say the least.

Will talk with them in the next few days and see what I can find out for you. I was never taught evolution in school but that was 20 years ago.
WolfPacker54
I was taught evolution at public school in Goldsboro, NC 11 years ago.
IseWolf22
WolfPacker54 said:

I was taught evolution in Chapel Hill - Carrboro schools 10 years ago. But it was NOT taught as a "fact." It was stressed that it was a theory. We discussed the scientific evidence and Darwinism, but we also discussed holes and open questions.
IseWolf22
GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

How about you calling Democrats "Satanists," and saying that you believe Alex Jones "90%" of the time.
You need to take 10 steps back and consider why other people think the things they do without resorting to conspiracy theories. There is a lot more nuance and reasonable disagreement in the world than you acknowledge.
GuerrillaPack
IseWolf22 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

mdreid said:

GuerrillaPack said:

How about you calling Democrats "Satanists," and saying that you believe Alex Jones "90%" of the time.
You need to take 10 steps back and consider why other people think the things they do without resorting to conspiracy theories. There is a lot more nuance and reasonable disagreement in the world than you acknowledge.

I never said that "all Democrats are Satanists." What I actually said was that the root of all modern Marxist/Leftist movements is Satanism -- because the elites who founded and lead these movements are Satanists. And as I said before on this subject, of course many or most low-level followers of Leftist movements are not willful Satanists. But, nevertheless, they are unwittingly following and supporting a Satanic movement/agenda. You need to more carefully read and consider what I am actually saying.

And Alex Jones is pretty tame, when compared to the those in the "right wing conspiracy theorist" or "truth" movement, in general. He's actually not all that "radical", and is closer to "mainstream" than the average person in that movement.
Gulfstream4
Get China and India onboard with real change then talk to me.
Glasswolf
WolfPacker54 said:

I was taught evolution in public Wayne County Schools also. 1978 CBA grad
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

WolfPacker54
Glasswolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

I was taught evolution in public Wayne County Schools also. 1978 CBA grad

Haha 2010 CBA grad myself.
NatePait94
Guilford county schools teach evolution
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.