All Things Beer!

9,574 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ProtoWolf
WolfPacker54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Foothills Seeing Double IPA. Only available in the big bottles unfortunately. Would love it if they started making 6-packs.
grantwolf
Had family over. Sat after golf...
ProtoWolf
You'd be stunned by how much they own now.
ManadaDeLobos
Pig Pounder in GSO has the awesome Kvass style called "PigMosa" great summer time beer.

Yes, it is orangey. Don't judge me.
XxNCSUxX
Birds Fly South in Greenville, SC is excellent, and I can't recommend it enough.
h2othf
ProtoWolf said:

You'd be stunned by how much they own now.
Yeah, just a few weeks ago a buddy and I were discussing their acquisition of Wicked Weed. I typically try to take those beers out of my rotation. Sadly, I'll pull Elysian and put a true craft brew in its place.
Dunlow66

anxious to try this one. Chilling for later.
XxNCSUxX
Had a few too many Thomas Creek Trifectas last night. Pretty good beer.

Pretty gnarly headache.
ST82K
Evil Twin - Molotov Lite has made its way back into my orbit recently. Yummy!
Dunlow66
ST82K said:

Evil Twin - Molotov Lite has made its way back into my orbit recently. Yummy!

Well, your man card has now been revoked.
XxNCSUxX
The Molotov lite is pretty good. That 8+% makes the "lite" questionable.
Bell Tower Grey
dunlow, World of Beer in Cary and Morrisville has the Dubbel on draft. I know someone that is heading to Asheville in the next week or two and they will be bringing some of it back for me. Do you want me to pick up some for you and then figure out how to get it to you?
ST82K
XxNCSUxX said:

The Molotov lite is pretty good. That 8+% makes the "lite" questionable.

It's only lite because the "molotov heavy" is 18%. Yet to get my paws on that. Knock your **** in the dirt!
ProtoWolf
Bottle Rev on LB has a good lineup for IPA Day today.

http://bottlerev.com/br-raleigh
grantwolf
ProtoWolf said:

Bottle Rev on LB has a good lineup for IPA Day today.

http://bottlerev.com/br-raleigh
I'd like to try that New England style one, if its anything like the Wilmington Brewing IPAs.
ProtoWolf
Any recommendations for Greenville, NC other than Winslow's Tavern?

Also Ridgewood Wine and Beer has two really good IPAs from Mikkeller.

http://www.ridgewoodwineandbeer.com/draft
Finley
ProtoWolf said:

If you like Bourbon, check out The Rickhouse. They have a big selection of Bourbon and feature it in most of their dishes. Its located off Red Banks Rd. Right beside the bowling alley.
Dunlow66
Finley said:

ProtoWolf said:

If you like Bourbon, check out The Rickhouse. They have a big selection of Bourbon and feature it in most of their dishes. Its located off Red Banks Rd. Right beside the bowling alley.
Had a great steak at the Rickhouse a few weeks ago and a couple of interesting beers. 'Red Velvet something' was crap. Had a Red Oak Amber to wash the taste out of my mouth.
Bell Tower Grey
We typically take different beers to share at our tailgates. This past Saturday, we had a chance to taste "Heavyweight Champ" Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout from Trophy. It's 14% ABV. One of the best bbstouts I've had. Will definitely get it again.
packwest
Not a big fan of blonde or wheat beers, but tried Deep River's Red Wine Barrel Aged Blonde a few weeks back and was impressed. Limited release and hope they'll bring it back next year. Also, their Donkey Sauce IPA is a smooth 7.5% ABV that will sneak up on you.

Also, went to Sierra Nevada a few weeks ago and tried several beers from the "Beer Camp" line and really liked the East Meets West IPA. Wish you could find more of the "Beer Camp" line outside of Asheville.
ProtoWolf
Revelation brewing is circulating throughout Raleight at the moment. There are some good IPAs from them. Also, Bottle Rev 3 has Donkey Sauce from Deep River which is pretty good.
wolfpackinNC
^at this point, I am thinking you should start taking it personal.

Went to the City Tap in PBO last night for a change of pace. 580 is starting to get more crowded. They had Pernicious on draft, so I had a couple of those. They also have a decent bourbon collection, so it is nice to have a back up.
Oldiepack
Decided to see what all the hoopla was about IPAs. I'm usually a stout drinker. Tried a Sisters of the Moon from Mother Earth and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
Hate2luvthePack
Am I wrong if I just enjoy these 'craft' beers on occasion but instead, simply prefer an ale or pilsner or lager that I can drink about 10 of during the course of the day when I'm just chilin'?
ncsupack1
Having some Founder's Day all day IPA....watching football and trying to figure out dinner....
Oldiepack
Have recently tried Hoppyum by Foothills, Founders Session IPA, and Dog Fish Heads 60 Minute IPA. All really good. Had a Founders Breakfast Stout and had forgotten how good that is.
Bell Tower Grey
Picked up some Founder's Backwoods B astard earlier today. Just opened the first one. Has a smoky, caramel flavor. 11.2% I think I'm going to like it.
ncsupack1
Going to the game tonight without the kids just wife and I, first time in a couple of years just us two, going to hit up the Backyard Bistro for a few pre gamers.....feel like may need a few tonight. Hopefully they got something good on tap.
ProtoWolf
So Trophy has put out some IPA gems lately.

Gold School
Dogs Love Me Cause I'm Crazy Sniffable

Available in cans at pretty much any Bottle Rev and Crafty.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.