Moving to Raleigh

7,193 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by metcalfmafia
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mrs. Metcalfmafia and I are 85% sure that we will be making a move back to my old NC State stomping grounds in the second half of 2019.

What are the cool neighborhoods that people live in these days? We are looking to rent (for now).

The main goal is to find an area where we can enjoy our late 20's before starting a family.

Thanks for your help in advance!
910wolf
metcalfmafia said:

Mrs. Metcalfmafia and I are 85% sure that we will be making a move back to my old NC State stomping grounds in the second half of 2019.

What are the cool neighborhoods that people live in these days? We are looking to rent (for now).

The main goal is to find an area where we can enjoy our late 20's before starting a family.

Looking for a house or apartment? I am currently renting an apartment in an area I like a lot and did a ton of research before settling on this one. If it is a house you are looking for than I can't help ya there.
metcalfmafia
910wolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Looking for a house or apartment? I am currently renting an apartment in an area I like a lot and did a ton of research before settling on this one. If it is a house you are looking for than I can't help ya there.
Either one. Shoot me a PM if you can.
ZAXPACK15
I live in the Post Parkside at Wade development. Extremely convent on gamedays, can be in downtown Raleigh in less than 15 minutes, 25 minutes to Durham, and 15 minutes to RDU. They have apartments to rent and town homes for sale so it might be a good place for you to checkout.
Glasswolf
Midtown (Six Forks area) is the latest and greatest. That we plan to move later in in our life.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

metcalfmafia
ZAXPACK15 said:

I live in the Post Parkside at Wade development. Extremely convent on gamedays, can be in downtown Raleigh in less than 15 minutes, 25 minutes to Durham, and 15 minutes to RDU. They have apartments to rent and town homes for sale so it might be a good place for you to checkout.

The ones behind PNC? I'll check those out. Thanks!
metcalfmafia
Glasswolf said:

Midtown (Six Forks area) is the latest and greatest. That we plan to move later in in our life.

I see a bunch of apartments close to Costco. Is that the area?
PackFansXL
How could YOU pass up this? What could be better than this: In these suite-style halls, ten residents share a common bathroom. This way Mrs. Metcalf can't blame you for leaving the seat up.
Cole's commandments:

1) You get out what you put in
2) Treat everyone the right way and stand for something
3) Never accept mediocrity in anything
metcalfmafia
PackFansXL said:

How could YOU pass up this? What could be better than this: In these suite-style halls, ten residents share a common bathroom. This way Mrs. Metcalf can't blame you for leaving the seat up.

Been there done that Haha. I don't think Mrs Metcalf would enjoy wearing flip flops in the shower.
WolfPacker54
metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

No. Off Wake Forest/Falls of Neuse is sketchy unless you go up near 540. The most "up-and-coming" area is right by North Hills. If that's out of your price range, you can go up Six Forks or Lead Mine and there are a lot of nice neighborhoods and "fixer-upper" type places if you're in to that kinda thing.
ZAXPACK15
metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

Yea it's worth checking out. Regarding your later post, traffic is terrible around the Costco on Wake Forrest so personally I would avoid that area. Don't forget that Dix Park is going to do big things to the southern part of town too so if you're willing to invest early in an "up and coming" area it might be worth checking that part of town too.
metcalfmafia
WolfPacker54 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

No. Off Wake Forest/Falls of Neuse is sketchy unless you go up near 540. The most "up-and-coming" area is right by North Hills. If that's out of your price range, you can go up Six Forks or Lead Mine and there are a lot of nice neighborhoods and "fixer-upper" type places if you're in to that kinda thing.
Thanks for your help!
metcalfmafia
ZAXPACK15 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

Yea it's worth checking out. Regarding your later post, traffic is terrible around the Costco on Wake Forrest so personally I would avoid that area. Don't forget that Dix Park is going to do big things to the southern part of town too so if you're willing to invest early in an "up and coming" area it might be worth checking that part of town too.
Yeah after doing some more research, that area seems really crowded. We just want to be a close Uber/drive/walk to cool things to do (music, bars,etc.)
ZAXPACK15
Well if your budget allows it, anywhere near Glenwood South or the northern end Person Street would fit your idea of walking to the places to be.
WolfPacker54
metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

Yeah after doing some more research, that area seems really crowded. We just want to be a close Uber/drive/walk to cool things to do (music, bars,etc.)
You could try Mordecai neighborhood too. Glenwood South is gonna cost you $1 million + easily.

metcalfmafia
WolfPacker54 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

You could try Mordecai neighborhood too. Glenwood South is gonna cost you $1 million + easily.

We are looking to rent.
WolfPacker54
metcalfmafia said:

WolfPacker54 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

We are looking to rent.
Then yeah there are some nice apartments off Glenwood South. Either there or North Hills. Some great apartments across the street from North Hills mall if you want to be able to walk places.
metcalfmafia
WolfPacker54 said:

metcalfmafia said:

WolfPacker54 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

metcalfmafia said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

We are looking to rent.
Then yeah there are some nice apartments off Glenwood South. Either there or North Hills. Some great apartments across the street from North Hills mall if you want to be able to walk places.
Nice. We'll check them out.
metcalfmafia
Bump in case anyone cares about me anymore.
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

Renting? You can do that almost anywhere. This is now the bourbon board. What's your fav?
metcalfmafia
PackFansXL said:

metcalfmafia said:

Renting? You can do that almost anywhere. This is now the bourbon board. What's your fav?

Yeah I know I cand do it anywhere. I just want to do it in a good area.
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

PackFansXL said:

metcalfmafia said:

Just messing with you. Good luck.

Yeah I know I cand do it anywhere. I just want to do it in a good area.
Wolfer79
How big an issue is daily work commuting time in your residential decision?
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

Not really a big issue. My company has an office in the north hills area.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia said:

Wolfer79 said:

Not really a big issue. My company has an office in the north hills area.

Thanks, was not sure if outside Raleigh city limits was an option. Seems like Wake Forest is growing beyond its ability to keep up, other than there must be 100 police vehicles .
walstylez
Bro if you want to rent, there is stuff popping up everywhere. When you say "close to bars and restaurants" do you mean walking distance? I'm old now, so I hate going downtown personally. But if you're late 20's and that's your gig...you're still talking ITB (inside the beltline) which is expensive. North Hills is nice though, but also pricey. They're building a Wegman's between Trader Joes and Costco, so that intersection of Wake Forest and Six Forks is going to be a complete **** storm.
metcalfmafia
walstylez said:

Bro if you want to rent, there is stuff popping up everywhere. When you say "close to bars and restaurants" do you mean walking distance? I'm old now, so I hate going downtown personally. But if you're late 20's and that's your gig...you're still talking ITB (inside the beltline) which is expensive. North Hills is nice though, but also pricey. They're building a Wegman's between Trader Joes and Costco, so that intersection of Wake Forest and Six Forks is going to be a complete **** storm.
Doesn't have to be walking distance. I just mean a short Uber ride.

We're willing to be OTB if it is a house, but if it is an apartment we would prefer to be ITB.
86wolf
If traffic is a concern, stay away from Wake Forest and Clayton.

It costs more per sq ft, but ITB real estate is a great investment.
WolfPacker54
86wolf said:

If traffic is a concern, stay away from Wake Forest and Clayton.

It costs more per sq ft, but ITB real estate is a great investment.

Better have a household income over $250-300k if you want to buy anything ITB. Unless you want to live in the ghetto.
metcalfmafia
Bumping this to see if anyone is familiar with 616 at the Village.

We are interested in looking at those apartments.
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

Rob said you need to contact Runa Cooper.
metcalfmafia
PackFansXL said:

metcalfmafia said:

Rob said you need to contact Runa Cooper.
I'm afraid Runa's stuff is a little out of my price range haha
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.