How many flavors of Howling Cow ice cream?

3,237 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PackMom
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized
Harris Teeter carrying Howling Cow is awesome. Got four flavors yesterday; manager said we were the tenth folks to call about it that day!
Wolfer79
PackBacker07
Civilized said:

Harris Teeter carrying Howling Cow is awesome. Got four flavors yesterday; manager said we were the tenth folks to call about it that day!
I've heard it's not actually Howling Cow, just branded that way. Anyone else heard this?
iwenc
Harris Teeter currently has the exclusive license to those specific Howling Cow recipes and branding, and must make the pints exactly to recipe at their Hunter Farms facility in order to sell in their stores.

We still make, sell, and serve everything on campus with our own dairy milk. NC State makes more off of each HT pint than on campus ones though. There are more flavors available on campus than were included in the HT agreement, which I think is only 6 recipes.
Civilized
iwenc said:

Harris Teeter currently has the exclusive license to those specific Howling Cow recipes and branding, and must make the pints exactly to recipe at their Hunter Farms facility in order to sell in their stores.

We still make, sell, and serve everything on campus with our own dairy milk. NC State makes more off of each HT pint than on campus ones though. There are more flavors available on campus than were included in the HT agreement, which I think is only 6 recipes.

You sound connected; can you tell your guys they need to make their chocolate chip cookie dough chunks bigger please?
iwenc
Ha! I can ask Carl and Gary, but not sure there's much they can do. I am trying to get them to bring back the Pecan Crunch flavor first.
PackMom
As long as we're wishing, how about that peppermint flavor they used to have in December?
iwenc
Sorry, Packmom, that is a seasonal one, like the egg nog. Only at the end of the year. Also, I don't think there are prepackaged pints for that one. Getting the nutritional breakdown for the packaging and the small print run are likely rate limiting factors. You can have a pint hand packed at Talley when they have it, but it's way more expensive than the prepackaged.
PackMom
Do they actually make it again now? When we went to pick up the first kid after first semester there, they didn't have it. Of course that was over 20 years ago now....wow. But the whole time both kids were in school we never saw it (and I know it was only in December) so I thought they'd quit making it. I'd make a trip to Raleigh for that.
PackFansXL
PackMom said:

Do they actually make it again now? When we went to pick up the first kid after first semester there, they didn't have it. Of course that was over 20 years ago now....wow. But the whole time both kids were in school we never saw it (and I know it was only in December) so I thought they'd quit making it. I'd make a trip to Raleigh for that.
That's quite a craving! I haven't heard about this level of craving since the Mrs was expecting our second.
iwenc
I am not a big peppermint person, so I'm not sure. I swear I saw it this December though. I will ask Gary or Carl the next time I run into them. It might because candy issue. One of their vendors refused to sell less than a pallet at one time, and they don't use that much for a year round flavor like pecan crunch, much less a seasonal like peppermint.
PackMom
PackFansXL said:

PackMom said:

That's quite a craving! I haven't heard about this level of craving since the Mrs was expecting our second.
LOL - more nostalgia than anything, I think. Doesn't usually cross my mind except around Christmas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.