2019 Pack 9

33,151 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JCooke93
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCooke93 said:

Day 3 of the Practice/Scrimmage other good Job by the pitching staff the game ended in a 1 to 1 tie And the Pitcher's where K.klyman44 M.Gauthier30 A.Staley20 And N.Swinny46

I know it's a scrimmage and doesn't mean much, but is the pitching being so dominant this weekend gonna be a trend this season for us, if healthy? Pitching need to keep us in games or do you think we have enough pieces(outside of the givens, Bailey/Wilson/Edwards) to hit to win too
Ripper
I can't imagine hitting being ahead of pitching in cold January. The hitters are just beginning to get their timing back. If pitching is still dominant in late February, we may have something.
JCooke93
Ripper said:

I can't imagine hitting being ahead of pitching in cold January. The hitters are just beginning to get their timing back. If pitching is still dominant in late February, we may have something.
Yup
JCooke93
From what I saw on Periscope today R.johnston29 E.justice34 D.Feeney19 all 3 pitch today And look good from what I saw
JCooke93
The Pitching Staff Looked Good Again Today J.parker27 N.Swinney46 M.Gauthier30 C.Cotter35 A.Blake25 B.Nelson38 And K.Klyman44 And W.Wilson8 And E.Edwards18 Both Hit Big Home Runs And L.Tresh24 Had A Very Good Scrimmage Today
JCooke93
Pitching Was Very Good Again Today in The Scrimmage A.Barger22 C.Silver51 H.Christopher23 A.Staley20 N.Clenney39 And D.Harrison10
JCooke93
One Week From Today Baseball is Back Alright!!!!
metcalfmafia
How did Thayer look in the scrimmage?
Trey
According to the @Packthebases thread, he went 2 for 3 in today's scrimmage
JCooke93
Probably the number 3 or 2 CF on the Depth Chart
JCooke93
It looked like on Periscope that the Starting lineup was on the Cream Jersey Cooler Team
JCooke93
The Pitchers That Pitched Today Where Swiney46 Silver51 Feeney19 Blake25 Clenney39 Klyman44 And W.Wilson8 Hit a 3 Run Shot
JCooke93
The Bats and the Pitching Looked Good Again Today
A.barger22 M.gauthier30 A.Staley20 N.Clenney39 M.bienlien33 C.cotter35 And L.mcarther11 will a 3 run shot
JCooke93
3 Days
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

3 Days
I'm getting that tingly feeling.
JCooke93
2019 Pack 9 Party Tomorrow Night at 6:30pm
JCooke93
Only Good Vibes At The Doak This Year #WPN
gopack1979
Pretty sure they will try to get 2 in on Friday. Weather isn't looking great for the weekend.
JCooke93
1 Day
JCooke93
What does everyone think so far
Pack31
^ Small sample, like the makeup of our team though. The big 3 need to stay consistent, but Avent looks to have a lot of options. Really impressed with Butler so far. What do you think the ultimate weekend rotation will end up being? Hard to get a feel for pitching in 4 games and really cold weather in 3 of em
Struttingwolf96
The only regulars in the lineup that it looks like Avent knows for sure now are Bailey, Wilson, Edwards, & Butler. Looking like the rest will sort themselves out as the year goes I think, which is a good thing to have. The freshmen, TB Mensik & Utility guy McDonough(a surprise) looks like there gonna be solid players. Believe the rotation will do the same until ACC play, then maybe it will be a little clearer. Someone will need to step up to be a legit number 1 starter, though. There was talk of Kylman being the closer, but I think once he shows he is healthy Dalton Feeney, who has a great arm, would be a shut the door closer like Joey Devine use to be.
EthanBarry
Staff
JCooke93 said:

Hard not to be excited but have to see how guys like Mensik, McDonough, etc. respond to tougher pitching. Debo has had some good ABs which is big. Pitching has been encouraging too but this weekend will be a good test. Kent St and Coastal are legit. A 3-1 week here would be excellent. (BTW, I love how much tougher our non conference is this year)
wilmwolf
JCooke93 said:

Personally, I like what I've seen so far. Wilson, Edwards, and Bailey are a helluva core. I actually like the fact that some of the other positions are still up for grabs, I think the competition makes them better. It's been great having pretty much a set outfield for the last 3-4 years, but that leaves less opportunity for guys to get in the game and show what they've got. I'm interested to see how the rotation settles in, but there's some good arms there. I think we can have a season similar to last year, and given what we've lost, that would be a pretty good year.
Ripper
Like so far. Our staring nine may not be as good as the previous years, but I feel like there are substantially more quality players. In prior years, the subs really dropped off in the talent dept.

Pitching should be good.
ScoobyWolf
JCooke93
3 And 0 on The Weekend

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.