2019 Pack 9

32,875 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 2019 Pack 9 Will Be Hosting The Minnesota in a 3 Game Series at the Doak in 2019 Dates TBA
Pakbackr
From their perspective, sounds like a good series for February!
Struttingwolf96
There hasn't been much talk about the baseball team in a while. With school starting back does anyone know if all the recruits that didn't get drafted make it on campus, including the 2 overseas kids I was hearing about? Also, did all of the team from last year who either didn't graduate or get drafted return back to school or did some transfer out?
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

There hasn't been much talk about the baseball team in a while. With school starting back does anyone know if all the recruits that didn't get drafted make it on campus, including the 2 overseas kids I was hearing about? Also, did all of the team from last year who either didn't graduate or get drafted return back to school or did some transfer out?
the 2 overseas players are on campus
Struttingwolf96
Ok, good. Thanks. Do you know if all the guys returned or did some transfer out, which I hope the all decided to return.
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, good. Thanks. Do you know if all the guys returned or did some transfer out, which I hope the all decided to return.
The Only 2 that I know that have transferred are Cole Hooper To App State and James Vaughan Transferred Back Home to a School in Florida
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks JCooke93. Thats good news if they are the only two to leave, I was worried more might be gone. Also, do you know the names of the 2 overseas kids that are on campus now & what positions they play, do you think they play as Freshmen? Appreciate the insight.
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, thanks JCooke93. Thats good news if they are the only two to leave, I was worried more might be gone. Also, do you know the names of the 2 overseas kids that are on campus now & what positions they play, do you think they play as Freshmen? Appreciate the insight.
Marek Chlup is a Outfielder and Vojta Mensik is a infielder SS and I think that Chlup will get playing time as a FR and I am not sure about Mensik
Struttingwolf96
Good to know, just been trying to find a few things out about the baseball team. Hadnt heard to much, thanks again JCooke93.
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Good to know, just been trying to find a few things out about the baseball team. Hadnt heard to much, thanks again JCooke93.
No problem I really like this year's Pitching staff
Struttingwolf96
Agree, I believe the staff is gonna be solid, but it will miss Brown. But with Bienlien, Clenney, Harrison, Johnston, Klyman, the transfer Ingle from EDU & hopefully Feeney & Staley coming back fully healthy that's a pretty sold staff to build around. Are there any other transfers or Freshmen Pitchers you expect to make an impact on the team?
Struttingwolf96
JCooke93 how do you see the lineup shaping up this year? I see Bailey at C, Debo at DH, Edwards at FB, Wilson at SS, Tatum in CF, Vazquez & Cooper at SB or TB, Brown moves to RF or LF, & McArthur in the other OF spot. Is there anyone I might be missing or new guys coming in that might be playing somewhere other than these guys?
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

JCooke93 how do you see the lineup shaping up this year? I see Bailey at C, Debo at DH, Edwards at FB, Wilson at SS, Tatum in CF, Vazquez & Cooper at SB or TB, Brown moves to RF or LF, & McArthur in the other OF spot. Is there anyone I might be missing or new guys coming in that might be playing somewhere other than these guys?
if I was to guess as of right now Catching Patrick 1BEdwards 2BJT SSWilson 3 ? CFTatum ChulpRF/LF/CF MacArthurRF/LF/CF LFJ.Butler DeboDH DHA.McNeill
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Agree, I believe the staff is gonna be solid, but it will miss Brown. But with Bienlien, Clenney, Harrison, Johnston, Klyman, the transfer Ingle from EDU & hopefully Feeney & Staley coming back fully healthy that's a pretty sold staff to build around. Are there any other transfers or Freshmen Pitchers you expect to make an impact on the team?
We got a lot of JR College Pitchers that transferred in that could give us a big impacted and some FR Too
Struttingwolf96
You think Jarrett will play over Cooper,Vazquez, or Brown? I think either Brown & Vazquez could have breakout years.
Struttingwolf96
The Freshman OF Chlup, is he suppose to be that good of a player?
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

You think Jarrett will play over Cooper,Vazquez, or Brown? I think either Brown & Vazquez could have breakout years.
Jarrett Had a pretty good Summer in Holly Springs Batting average was 438 in the CPL
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

The Freshman OF Chlup, is he suppose to be that good of a player?
He has a pretty good Bat I remember seeing him play last fall vs Duke and Vs us
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

also I could see Vazquez play some 3B and I could see Brown Play Some LF/RF/SS
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

and Cooper is probably going to be the Starting 3B as of right now
Struttingwolf96
Ok, good info there. Thanks JCooke93, enjoyed conversating with u.
JCooke93
Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, good info there. Thanks JCooke93, enjoyed conversating with u.
your welcome and Thank You and I love talking about NC State Baseball
Ripper
If McArthur is playing in the outfield?? Not good. Hitting, as a team (overall) will struggle next year. Pitching can be good if the lesser known guys step up and have balls.
JCooke93
Ripper said:

If McArthur is playing in the outfield?? Not good. Hitting, as a team (overall) will struggle next year. Pitching can be good if the lesser known guys step up and have balls.
are Hitting is going to be Fine
JCooke93
Johnny Butler is going to be Good he is the JR College Transfer outfielder
JCooke93
And Brady.G Who was a RS.FR/C/1B also left the team
JCooke93
Also JT.JARRETT and David Vazquez They Both will be Whereing New Number's for the 2019 Season JT.JARRETT will be number 15 and David Vazquez will be number 7
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks. Do you know when the school will release the baseball roster for '18-19?
JCooke93
Don't know yet
JCooke93
And Hunter Christopher is going to be Good To He is a FR 1B
JCooke93
I think that Lawson MacArthur will be the Starting CF vs South Carolina this fall and I also think that Johnny Butler will be the Starting RF vs South Carolina this fall
Struttingwolf96
So you think McArthur will play in CF over Tatum instead of having McArthur in LF? Do you think that the coaches will leave Brown in the Infield instead of trying him in the OF? The Infield is kind of crowded already with Wilson, Edwards, Cooper, Jarrett, & Vazquez coming back, if Brown is left there somebody is gonna loose out on playing time.
JCooke93
Brown Back Up 3B and Vazquez Back Up SS
JCooke93
LF H.Baker and M.Chlup
Struttingwolf96
Ok, I have to say I haven't thought of Avent starting Baker or Chlup in front of either Tatum, Brown, McArthur, or Butler in the OF. Have you heard if Debo has finally got his swing back like he had his Freshmen year, he really struggled last year?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.