Next Season's Lineup

7,071 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JCooke93
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone want to take a stab at it? We replace all three outfield spots, but I assume that Tatum slides right into the CF role.

The biggest questions marks are the corner outfield spots and the weekend rotation.
Struttingwolf96
I'll take a shot:

C Bailey/Conley
DH Debo/Bailey
FB Edwards(comes back), if not Debo or Cooper
SB Vazquez/Jarrett
SS Wilson
TB Cooper/Vazquez
CF Tatum
RF McArthur
LF Brown(to get into lineup)

Weekend rotation(need at least one lefty)
-Bienlien
-Feeney
-Johnston(move to closer?), Harrison, or Klyman
Struttingwolf96
Looks like State might not be getting the Juco IF from FL Brian Rey, he was drafted in the 13th rd. by the Reds. That could hurt the team next year, had a chance to be the teams starting SB I think.
metcalfmafia
Struttingwolf96 said:

I'll take a shot:

C Bailey/Conley
DH Debo/Bailey
FB Edwards(comes back), if not Debo or Cooper
SB Vazquez/Jarrett
SS Wilson
TB Cooper/Vazquez
CF Tatum
RF McArthur
LF Brown(to get into lineup)

Weekend rotation(need at least one lefty)
-Bienlien
-Feeney
-Johnston(move to closer?), Harrison, or Klyman

I was thinking about this move as well. I just didn't know if we had any better OF recruits coming in.
rwwalsh
C: Bailey
1B: Edwards
2B: Vazquez
SS: Wilson
3B: Brown
LF: Tresh
CF: Butler
RF: Tatum
DH: Debo
Struttingwolf96
That's one of the reasons I chose to put Brown in the OF. The only recruits I think we have coming in now that could play in the outfield are Hunter Baker(RS), Phillip Cole, Markel Chlup?(the kid from Czech Rep.), & Lucas Thresh, who I think the staff signed as a catcher, but heard he can play in the outfield. I thought Brown was the best option though & he seems like he's the kind of athlete the could handle the move.
Struttingwolf96
Yes, thanks. I forgot about the Juco outfielder Butler. Has he been drafted? Looks like we are gonna lose some of our top recruits to it, so far Rey & pitchers Zebron,Laws, juco Barger, & juco Smith have been drafted.
Phil2
Got to ID some pitchers to make it on campus
CLTWolf
Phil2 said:

Got to ID some pitchers to make it on campus

You know the good thing about freshman? The turn into sophomores. The hope is guys like Nick Swinney and Evan Justice make a Kent Klyman like jump from the first year to the second. Gauthier is getting some great experience at the Cape this summer. Clenney is back another year older. Hopefully Feeney gets a clean bill of health. I think Zach Usselman should be back on the roster. Alec Barger said he's leaning towards staying in school which would be a big get, hopefully the Brewers don't change his mind. Andrew Blake should be coming in from Pitt CC and he put some good numbers up this year. John Creel from Wake Tech is a D1 bounce back that started out at Ole Miss. He's got a power arm but needs to throw strikes.

We'll see what happens but the big thing is for the FR to turn into SO's and make the jump. That would be a huge help.
Ripper
Johnston and Klyman are the only two returning pitchers who played a major role and performed well.

The other returnees have potential. I'm curious as to who among them takes the next step. Harrison, Beinlein, Feeney, Swiney, Justice, Gauthier.
Phil2
Thanks CLTwolf for the info, hard to come by, appericate it !!
wilmwolf
Ripper said:

Johnston and Klyman are the only two returning pitchers who played a major role and performed well.

The other returnees have potential. I'm curious as to who among them takes the next step. Harrison, Beinlein, Feeney, Swiney, Justice, Gauthier.
I'd add Clenney to the list of guys that performed well. All of the others that you mentioned looked good at different times, and all made appearances in high leverage situations, which I think bodes well for next year. We have quite a few guys that have the physical tools to be reliable starters, if they can get the mental toughness down. We don't really have anyone with electric stuff, though Beinlein has shown it at times, if he can work out his arm issues. Closer is a question mark. Klyman could probably do well in that role. Also maybe a guy like Justice, who doesn't throw gas, but has that funky motion that makes him hard to pick up, particularly the first few times through the order.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
arms for next year listed by appearances...
Nolan Clenney- RSr (33)
Kent Klyman- JR (31)
Reid Johnston- SO (21)
Nick Swiney- SO (20)
Mathieu Gauthier- JR (17)
Evan Justice- SO (16)
Michael Bienlien- JR (16)
David Harrison- SO (14)
Conner Centala- JR (11)
Cole Hooper- SO (2)
Austin Staley- RSr (1)
Josh Pike- SO (1)
Dalton Feeney- RSo
Zach Usselman- RSr I assume he RS this year as it shows him still enrolled in school
Joe Ingle- RSr He could be your closer if he regains his form from his FR and SO years.
James Vaughn- RSo
Cameron Cotter- SO

Incoming
Logan Whitaker RHP
Blake Dockery RHP
Walker Barlow LHP
Andrew Tillery RHP
Andrew Blake RHP Pitt CC transfer
Alec Barger RHP Polk State CC He's said he's leaning towards school so until I see he signs I'm holding out hope. lol
John Creel- RHP Wake Tech (Ole Miss out of HS)

We'll see who shows up and who makes the roster but we have some returning talent and if a couple of the guys like Bienlien, Feeney and Staley can get their arm health right those are some talented guys.

Gotta hope that Swiney, Harrison and Justice being a year older and another year in the program will help them make that big jump like Klyman from their first year to their second.

Ripper
Any info if any eligible players will be transferring or will no longer be playing? Last year we lost Reese, Demby, Brabrand, Usselman, etc.
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

Any info if any eligible players will be transferring or will no longer be playing? Last year we lost Reese, Demby, Brabrand, Usselman, etc.
We didn't lose Usselman, I don't think. He's still enrolled in school at State (per ncsu.edu and the student directory). I'm guessing he's going the Nolan Clenney route and redshirting.

I haven't heard of anyone transferring, yet. I assume that will start to trickle out over the summer.

Reese and Braband ended up at Libery and didn't do much there this year. Demby ended up at Nova Southeastern where it looks like he was a part time starter.
JCooke93
CLTWolf said:

arms for next year listed by appearances...
Nolan Clenney- RSr (33)
Kent Klyman- JR (31)
Reid Johnston- SO (21)
Nick Swiney- SO (20)
Mathieu Gauthier- JR (17)
Evan Justice- SO (16)
Michael Bienlien- JR (16)
David Harrison- SO (14)
Conner Centala- JR (11)
Cole Hooper- SO (2)
Austin Staley- RSr (1)
Josh Pike- SO (1)
Dalton Feeney- RSo
Zach Usselman- RSr I assume he RS this year as it shows him still enrolled in school
Joe Ingle- RSr He could be your closer if he regains his form from his FR and SO years.
James Vaughn- RSo
Cameron Cotter- SO

Incoming
Logan Whitaker RHP
Blake Dockery RHP
Walker Barlow LHP
Andrew Tillery RHP
Andrew Blake RHP Pitt CC transfer
Alec Barger RHP Polk State CC He's said he's leaning towards school so until I see he signs I'm holding out hope. lol
John Creel- RHP Wake Tech (Ole Miss out of HS)

We'll see who shows up and who makes the roster but we have some returning talent and if a couple of the guys like Bienlien, Feeney and Staley can get their arm health right those are some talented guys.

Gotta hope that Swiney, Harrison and Justice being a year older and another year in the program will help them make that big jump like Klyman from their first year to their second.
You can take Vaughn off of the list

JCooke93
Alec Barger is the only incoming player that has got drafted that has not singed yet
Rob McLamb
Staff
If Conley comes back it is probably strictly for a degree. He will not get much playing time next season and his stock would be worse. The 27th round is as high as he will get so he could end up signing soon.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
JCooke93
Rob McLamb said:

If Conley comes back it is probably strictly for a degree. He will not get much playing time next season and his stock would be worse. The 27th round is as high as he will get so he could end up signing soon.
I don't see him coming back this fall
JCooke93
Jack just singed
JCooke93
I really like our pitching staff as off right now
Ripper
JCooke93 said:

What do you like about it?
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

JCooke93 said:

What do you like about it?

Not Mr Cooke but I like that they're a year old and hopefully healthy. If Alec Barger doesn't sign, he and Andrew Blake are really good additions to the staff.

Hopefully a year off helps Ingle regain his form from the first two years in school and he is our closer.
Ripper
If none of the current Frosh lefties step up next year, I'd like to see Klyman as a starter.
JCooke93
I like that are whole pitching staff is coming back this fall Besides Brown Johnny and Joe
JCooke93
And they are sort of young but they can only get better
JCooke93
As of right now we have 5 catchers on the roster
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.