MLB draft

10,760 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EthanBarry
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seven #ACCBase players were picked on the first day of the #MLBDraft, tied for the most from any conference: https://t.co/MDapxFecWx
Wolfer79
Big time UNC football recruit Jordyn Adams of Green Hope HS goes 17th overall to the Angels in the MLB draft. That puts him in line for a roughly $3.5M signing bonus and a tough decision about his athletic future.
TraCha4
Wouldn't be a tough decision for me. If baseball doesn't workout he can always come back to college and play football
ZAXPACK15
It looks like Adams will not be attending UNC. Are any of our recruits on projected draft boards for today?
CLTWolf
ZAXPACK15 said:

It looks like Adams will not be attending UNC. Are any of our recruits on projected draft boards for today?
Luca Tresh out of FL could be a kid that gets drafted.
Holden Laws out of S. Granville is one to potentially watch.

Not sure on the rest of the kids.

Main thing to watch later on today and tomorrow are the JUCOs.

Jonny Butler
Brian Rey
Andrew Blake
Julian Smith- probably getting picked high and he's gone if so.
Alec Barger

Would love for all 5 of those kids to make it but not sure that will happen. If we can get Rey and Butler in school that will help the OF for next year.

BigLefty24
Wolfer79 said:

Big time UNC football recruit Jordyn Adams of Green Hope HS goes 17th overall to the Angels in the MLB draft. That puts him in line for a roughly $3.5M signing bonus and a tough decision about his athletic future.

Doesn't sound like a tough decision to me.. Get $4M or go to college.. LOL
PackFansXL
BigLefty24 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Doesn't sound like a tough decision to me.. Get $4M or go to college.. LOL
The real signing bonus is he wouldn't have to be a Hole. The $4M is just a business decision.
Wolfer79
Top Senior prospects...a.k.a. bonus pool money savers.
D Granberg @DBU_Baseball
JJ Schwarz @GatorsBB
K McGovern @BaseballUGA
T Cropley @UIBaseball
C Shaddy @RazorbackBSB
J McClain & B Deatherage @NCStateBaseball
A Scott @WoffordBaseball
J Lewis & L Heyer @UKBaseball
NCST8CPA
Kinneman goes to the Pirates in the 7th round #204.
CLTWolf
NCST8CPA said:

Nice. I'm sure the PA native enjoys being selected by one of the home state teams.
metcalfmafia
CLTWolf said:

NCST8CPA said:

Nice. I'm sure the PA native enjoys being selected by one of the home state teams.
You think he is definitely gone?
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

NCST8CPA said:

Sheesh! The pundits have spoken. Of course, he's gone. Why would anyone want to continue playing in our shoddy facilities under a coach who has surely seen the game pass him by and couldn't even win his own intrasquad game?
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

NCST8CPA said:

7th round? Yeah, he gone. I can't see why he would come back when he'll never see another signing bonus close to his slot of 200K plus coming back out as a SR. Unless he just really really loves college, he's signing.
EthanBarry
Staff
CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

CLTWolf said:

NCST8CPA said:

7th round? Yeah, he gone. I can't see why he would come back when he'll never see another signing bonus close to his slot of 200K plus coming back out as a SR. Unless he just really really loves college, he's signing.
Yeah he wouldn't have been drafted in the top 10 rounds if there was a question about him signing. Brock and Josh should be off the board today. The only two of our draft eligibles that I could potentially see returning are Edwards and Feeney. As CLT said, the key is the incoming recruits
CLTWolf
Brian Brown to the Red Sox in the 9th round. Slot saver pick.
CLTWolf
Josh McLain to the Dodgers (again) in the 9th round as well.
CLTWolf
Wow. Brock Deatherage to the Tigers with the first pick of the 10th round the next pick after McLain. Pretty cool.

Ripper
It would be sweet if Edward's and next year's Juco's make it to campus.
Pack31
Ripper said:

This would be great, yes. Would be good too if Edwards could balance the season. We had so many like him hot for half the season then disappeared. Would be interested to see what our BA was after the durham unc game, when we had about 8 dudes hitting .300 or better. I know it wasn't good. Avg to below prob
CLTWolf
Pack31 said:

Ripper said:

This would be great, yes. Would be good too if Edwards could balance the season. We had so many like him hot for half the season then disappeared. Would be interested to see what our BA was after the durham unc game, when we had about 8 dudes hitting .300 or better. I know it wasn't good. Avg to below prob
Well, Evan Edwards was on fire at the end of the season. After the UVa game he finished the season 8-17 with 6 RBI. We finished the season with 4 guys (almost 5) guys hitting .300 (Edwards finished at .297, close enough).

Slumps happen in baseball. We faced some really good pitching as well. 2 of the FSU pitchers we face were drafted in the 6th round. Derek Casey from UVa was selected in the 9th round. Griffin Roberts out of Wake was selected 43rd overall and we plated 5 runs on him. You just have to work through the slumps.
rwwalsh
Brian Rey to the Reds in the 13th rd.
wilmwolf
I imagine he will sign, correct?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

I imagine he will sign, correct?
Most likely.
rwwalsh
Better to assume they all sign, and have a nice surprise if they return.
metcalfmafia
What is the lowdown on Rey's game?
EthanBarry
Staff
Julian Smith picked in the 15th
NCST8CPA
Julian Smith was just drafted with the last pick of Round 15. Pitcher from CVCC
CLTWolf
Julian Smith (LHP Catawba Valley CC) just got selected w/ the last pick of the 15th round. He's probably gone regardless of where he's drafted.
NCST8CPA
Holden Laws draft by Seattle in the 16th. P from S Granville
Ripper
Dang, we're losing the good ones.
CLTWolf
Holden Laws LHP South Granville just selected in the 16th round by the Mariners. Same round that Justin bullock out of South Granville was picked last year as well.
CLTWolf
Alec Barger out of Polk State CC just picked. Was really hoping he wouldn't get picked this high.
CLTWolf
Incoming FR P Jake Zebron taken in the 18th round by the Orioles
NCST8CPA
Orioles just selected Jake Zebron RHP from Maryland that was committed to NC State
EthanBarry
Staff
I can't remember a draft where we've had this many incoming recruits taken and we aren't even halfway done.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.