Baseball 4/17 6:30pm Duel at the DBAP vs unc-ch espnu

10,130 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ripper
Stater
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SportManagementEngineer said:

Why does it seem that whenever Avent pulls a pitcher who is cruising, bad things happen?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_exposure_theory
4oYdLine
nice game Pack
BruceDouble
Nice W! Good to see us whoop up on em on a National tv broadcast. Haven't had a chance to watch much of us this year yet but we seemed to have the upper hand all game tonight.
PackFansXL
I had to turn the game off heading to the 9th. What was the final score?
EthanBarry
Staff
PackFansXL said:

I had to turn the game off heading to the 9th. What was the final score?
8-3. Edwards crushed one
PackFansXL
Awesome! Thanks for the update.
SportManagementEngineer
We had the one drop in right field on the pop up in no man's land, but it was noticeable how much better defensively we were than them.
Pack31
Great W on National TV. Love the bullpen games like this bc I don't get to catch those as much. Got to see some really good arms in our pen I hadn't seen much of.
dmelvin
Watching tonights game , the future looks mighty bright !
Dmelvin
wolfpack1437
Woot woot!! Always great to beat the CHeats!
pack99
Yes! Wolfpack!
ScreamingEagle
rmcwpups said:

So far there have been 4 close (bang bang) plays. Not saying they were wrong but all 4 went against us. The play at 1st was eventually overturned by replay.
That was a horrible call. It must've been a couple of feet from the glove but maybe the ump had a bad angle. Great game by the good guys. Go Pack!!
metcalfmafia
It's amazing how talented Bailey is for a freshman catcher. The guy does it all.
ZAXPACK15
I couldn't tune in until the 5th inning. Could someone explain the "double play" with the SS and tagging second base?
wilmwolf
ScreamingEagle said:

rmcwpups said:

So far there have been 4 close (bang bang) plays. Not saying they were wrong but all 4 went against us. The play at 1st was eventually overturned by replay.
That was a horrible call. It must've been a couple of feet from the glove but maybe the ump had a bad angle. Great game by the good guys. Go Pack!!

Most umps I've ever known say you make that call at first with your ears as much as your eyes. It was close, but but still a bad call. Sucks to have to waste a challenge to correct someone like that. Luckily didn't end up causing harm.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
dmelvin
The crew chief will make the determination to use instant replay. There is no "coaches
challenge." Under the provisions of Getting the Call Right, coaches have the ability to request
a conference among the umpires.

Dmelvin
GrayWolf98
How about our Freshman pitcher stepping up big in a rivalry game. The pitching staff as a whole did a nice job limiting damage all game. Very promising for the future.
The artist formerly known as LuvtheHerb - DONT PANIC!
wilmwolf
dmelvin said:

The crew chief will make the determination to use instant replay. There is no "coaches
challenge." Under the provisions of Getting the Call Right, coaches have the ability to request
a conference among the umpires.

Coach gets two challenges this year. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ncaa.com/amp/news/baseball/article/2018-01-12/experimental-replay-rules-tweaked-college-baseball
wilmwolf
ZAXPACK15 said:

I couldn't tune in until the 5th inning. Could someone explain the "double play" with the SS and tagging second base?

In short, the runner from second was tagged out and then the base was touched for the force out. Add in five minutes of confusion and the Benny Hill theme song and that's basically what happened.
Bigwuf
My wife, son and I attended. Great atmosphere. Good beer. Terrific game. The double-play was terrific.
Wolfer79
GrayWolf98 said:

How about our Freshman pitcher stepping up big in a rivalry game. The pitching staff as a whole did a nice job limiting damage all game. Very promising for the future.

Which freshman pitcher, Johnston or Justice, or both?
Justice concerned me more than Johnston.
GrayWolf98
Johnston was who I was referring to in my post above. The starter.
The artist formerly known as LuvtheHerb - DONT PANIC!
Ripper
Justice looks to have good stuff. He was throwing mid 90's with an effective curve to lefties. He just needs more seasoning. Johnston is pretty polished for a Frosh.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.