Baseball recruiting

26,660 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has any one else heard that two of next year's commitments are no longer? Pitcher Zachary Hammer & infielder Hunter Christopher are not coming to State next year. I read this on another board, is this the case?
JCooke93
I have not heard anything about it
Pack31
EthanBarry said:

jwpack said:

I have heard that Staley is close to returning this year from a source real close to the team.
Love it. He was with the team last weekend but wasn't dressed. Not really sure what that means in terms of readiness but thought it was interesting

Any new news on Staley since this post was now 2 weeks ago plus? Would love to have his arm back for the stretch run here.
wilmwolf
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

jwpack said:

I have heard that Staley is close to returning this year from a source real close to the team.
Love it. He was with the team last weekend but wasn't dressed. Not really sure what that means in terms of readiness but thought it was interesting

Any new news on Staley since this post was now 2 weeks ago plus? Would love to have his arm back for the stretch run here.
He was in shorts this past weekend.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
He is getting there
jwpack
Latest I have is that it now looks like he will not be able to pitch this year & is likely done.
jwpack
Also Piedmont has been having arm problems & is having to have more rest between starts to try & get through the season. We have had bad luck with so many arm problems.
EthanBarry
Staff
jwpack said:

Also Piedmont has been having arm problems & is having to have more rest between starts to try & get through the season. We have had bad luck with so many arm problems.
That's every baseball team ever. The ones that aren't injured are dealing with pain
johntom
EthanBarry said:

jwpack said:

That's every baseball team ever. The ones that aren't injured are dealing with pain
I don't think every pitcher deals with a back that tightens up constantly while simultaneously dealing with bone spurs on his elbow. I agree though that injuries happen.

It just sucks for Johnny. When healthy, he has really good stuff. Between Tommy John, his car accident (back problems), and other nagging issues, he's never been able to show what he's capable of over an entire season. A 6'8" pitcher with good control who can pitch in the 90's would typically have a shot at the pros.
EthanBarry
Staff
johntom said:

EthanBarry said:

jwpack said:

I don't think every pitcher deals with a back that tightens up constantly while simultaneously dealing with bone spurs on his elbow. I agree though that injuries happen.

It just sucks for Johnny. When healthy, he has really good stuff. Between Tommy John, his car accident (back problems), and other nagging issues, he's never been able to show what he's capable of over an entire season. A 6'8" pitcher with good control who can pitch in the 90's would typically have a shot at the pros.
Not the back problems. I was referencing our team having arm issues. Every pitcher has arm issues
Struttingwolf96
I read where the Pack baseball team got a commitment from infielder Matt Kemp, a 2020 prospect from North Carolina.
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

I read where the Pack baseball team got a commitment from infielder Matt Kemp, a 2020 prospect from North Carolina.

Randleman HS. Was just reading about him this AM. Didn't realize he committed yesterday. Nice.

I played against Randleman in HS and they always had some good ball players as did East Davidson and Ledford.
basementwolf
CLTWolf said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Randleman HS. Was just reading about him this AM. Didn't realize he committed yesterday. Nice.

I played against Randleman in HS and they always had some good ball players as did East Davidson and Ledford.
Randleman - Hill in the outfield.
Struttingwolf96
I have now heard that the rumored infielder Christopher 2018 de-commit was wrong, but have read where 2018 pitcher Hammer was going to a community college. Also, I have heard the Pack has a commit from a Juco outfielder named Jonny Butler, whose from Illinois, but is a Freshmen at a Juco school in Texas. Does anyone know about this?
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

I have now heard that the rumored infielder Christopher 2018 de-commit was wrong, but have read where 2018 pitcher Hammer was going to a community college. Also, I have heard the Pack has a commit from a Juco outfielder named Jonny Butler, whose from Illinois, but is a Freshmen at a Juco school in Texas. Does anyone know about this?

Jonny Butler is at Heartland CC in Illinois.

We have several Juco commits that hopefully make it to Raleigh.
Wolfer79
Congratulations to Freshman Carson Kelly on his verbal commitment to @NCStateBaseball
#JacketPride https://t.co/nBo9DV3Sgt
ScoobyWolf
Trey Cooper, a 2020 LHP from Randleman has committed to us.
EthanBarry
Staff
Staley was up warming in the 8th, think he would've come in if we hadn't tied it. That's huge news
dmelvin
Congratulations Jake Harwood (2020 Whiteville High School INF/RHP) on his commitment to North Carolina State University. Whiteville head coaches son .
Dmelvin
Wolfer79
Congratulations to Carson Kelly and Brandon Hudson on their recent commitments to N.C. State. Top arms in N.C. 2021!! @PackPride @InsidePackSport @statefansnation https://t.co/iTN2ZhOXgW
wardboy74
dmelvin said:

Congratulations Jake Harwood (2020 Whiteville High School INF/RHP) on his commitment to North Carolina State University. Whiteville head coaches son .
The Wolfpack is getting a kid who lives and breathes baseball in Harwood. Can literally play any position except for catcher.
BigLefty24
dmelvin said:

we lost to Whiteville in the Eastern Finals twice in four years, including last year. The thought was the Harwood was going to commit to Clemson. And of course, MacKenzie Gore went third overall in the MLB draft. Not too shabby for a 1A team.
CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

dmelvin said:

we lost to Whiteville in the Eastern Finals twice in four years, including last year. The thought was the Harwood was going to commit to Clemson. And of course, MacKenzie Gore went third overall in the MLB draft. Not too shabby for a 1A team.
I think he was committed to Clemson at one time.
dmelvin
That is correct . Jake was committed to Clemson but switched to Pack .
Dmelvin
Struttingwolf96
I was reading somewhere else that 2019 HS pitcher & one of our top prospects Holden Laws will not be coming to State next year. Can anyone else confirm this?
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

I was reading somewhere else that 2019 HS pitcher & one of our top prospects Holden Laws will not be coming to State next year. Can anyone else confirm this?

Pack Pride. You were reading on Pack Pride. Haha
Struttingwolf96
Yeah, it was either PackPride or The Wolfpacker, might have been Pack Insider, idk. It was one of them though.
LegacyPack4
What is the timeline when we will know for sure who is coming to State in this recruiting class vs. potentially going pro?? Are we supposed to be good next year? Seems like we are losing a lot of guys but returning some young talent both in the field and on the mound. Batters seem 50/50 to me. Anyone's input would be appreciated as I don't follow baseball as much as I need to.
EthanBarry
Staff
LegacyPack4 said:

What is the timeline when we will know for sure who is coming to State in this recruiting class vs. potentially going pro?? Are we supposed to be good next year? Seems like we are losing a lot of guys but returning some young talent both in the field and on the mound. Batters seem 50/50 to me. Anyone's input would be appreciated as I don't follow baseball as much as I need to.
Deadline to sign is mid July I believe.
Griffin134
Is there anywhere that we can actually see our recruiting class and its rankings?
Grown A$$ Man
CLTWolf
Griffin134 said:

Is there anywhere that we can actually see our recruiting class and its rankings?
perfect game is probably the best website to check out commits but baseball is kinda hard to keep up with since kids are committing so early these days.
Griffin134
CLTWolf said:

Griffin134 said:

perfect game is probably the best website to check out commits but baseball is kinda hard to keep up with since kids are committing so early these days.
Thanks, I'm just interested in knowing how we're looking for the next few years. Seems our team was youngish this year.
Grown A$$ Man
ScoobyWolf

Congratulations Drew Fletcher (2020 Falls Lake Academy INF/RHP) on his commitment to North Carolina State University... #impact
Wolfer79
Nolan McLean

Truly honored to recieve my first two-sport offer from NC State. Thanks to Coach Avent and Coach Doeren. #GoPack https://t.co/xsxLvZ2hw0
CLTWolf
Gained one...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.