Stadium

33,007 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BP Cox
ecbwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Build these boys the facilities they deserve!
metcalfmafia
Yep. Build the stadium and set the final Avent years / future Hart years up for success.

The time is now.
packwest
School can afford it. Do it.
metcalfmafia
If you don't think we can have that kind of environment with the right amenities you're kidding yourselves.
WarrenPeace
Beautiful win. I've been an Avent critic but man, what an outstanding job this has been. He certainly deserves his new stadium. Hope he gets it!
Wolfpacklife
Scotty is with us!

metcalfmafia
Wolfpacklife said:

Scotty is with us!

Scotty got any scratch laying around? LOL
78wilsonpack
metcalfmafia said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Scotty is with us!

Russell, and Phil do. I've always wondered (put aside politics) why someone doesn't hit up ol Lara Trump - like her father in law or hate him, the family has money and she is a graduate.
carterpack
Trickynic1
Scotty needs to help lead a fund raising drive!!
T Turner and Carlos would Help
metcalfmafia
I don't like spending other people's money, but you can't help but think that Turner and Rodon wouldn't give some money to their guy Avent. Especially if Rodon cashes in on his big year.
Bell Tower Grey
If urban legend is actually true, then the biggest obstacle to either a new or totally revamped stadium is no longer around to stop those substantial donors from writing their checks.

The next little while may be interesting to watch unfold.
Colonel Armstrong
On centennial? Or just major renovations to the current stadium?
Francis
One certain IPS member (will not mention his name) told me that money was in hand for new stadium or Doak improvements, but withheld funding because they didn't like AD Debbie Yow. Well, if that was true, what are they now waiting for? Debbie is gone!
Borowolf10
Wolfpacklife said:

Scotty is with us!

Scotty give us some money.
wilmwolf
We're in year two post Yow, if she was the thing keeping it from happening, why didn't they start as soon as she left, if the money was there? That part doesn't really make sense to me. I get that she and Avent might not have been best pals, but if all the money is out there, what's stopping it now?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
metcalfmafia
wilmwolf80 said:

We're in year two post Yow, if she was the thing keeping it from happening, why didn't they start as soon as she left, if the money was there? That part doesn't really make sense to me. I get that she and Avent might not have been best pals, but if all the money is out there, what's stopping it now?

Covid happened?
wilmwolf
metcalfmafia said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Covid happened?

That didn't stop the beer garden. If the money is there, announce that it is happening, even if you maybe can't start right away. We've been told that all these people have their checkbooks out, so write the check as Wolfer would say.
metcalfmafia
wilmwolf80 said:

metcalfmafia said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Covid happened?

That didn't stop the beer garden. If the money is there, announce that it is happening, even if you maybe can't start right away. We've been told that all these people have their checkbooks out, so write the check as Wolfer would say.

This is about private funding no? I don't think the beer garden is privately funded. People's wallets might have shrunk up during covid.
Lagniappe
Francis said:

One certain IPS member (will not mention his name) told me that money was in hand for new stadium or Doak improvements, but withheld funding because they didn't like AD Debbie Yow. Well, if that was true, what are they now waiting for? Debbie is gone!

Been hearing this for years
BobbyCox95
Instead of us sitting around waiting for someone to donate a bunch of money, the WPC needs to have a plan in place beforehand. Complete with renderings etc., the same way we did the "goal line drive" back in the early 2000's. Give the fans some excitement and a reason to give so that they see what they are giving to. Then fund raise the heck out of it and say whenever we get x amount donated we will break ground. Otherwise we are just sitting around wondering when someone is going to donate big bucks for a product they know nothing about.
wilmwolf
I suppose. All the kinds of folks I know with enough money to write those kinds of checks made more money during covid, not less. Debbie retired April 2019, almost a whole year before covid shut everything down, just seems to me that if she were the roadblock, the work should've started that summer. But other than reading the stories here, I don't know the ins and outs of it. Just trying to put my head around it.
metcalfmafia
King Leary said:

I think renovations are the thing being considered by the admin. The survey they sent out focused on improvements to Doak.
wolfpack1437
Francis said:

But Dunand is gone now too. It was Alex right? Maybe the iron is no longer hot with that opportunity?
Spuds
What's the latest estimate for renovating/building new stadium?
wolfeatram
Avent deserves naming rights. Made regionals 19/24 seasons. 5 Supers and 2 CWS appearances. Tonight sealed his status as the all-time goat.
waxhaw
Lagniappe said:

Francis said:

Been hearing this for years
I've always heard the issue was not wanting people to raise money for their own pet projects. Everything done as part of master plan. If that's true there is some validity to that point of view. Either way, I hope it gets done this time. Would be a cool legacy for avent.
Oldsouljer
78wilsonpack said:

metcalfmafia said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Scotty is with us!

Russell, and Phil do. I've always wondered (put aside politics) why someone doesn't hit up ol Lara Trump - like her father in law or hate him, the family has money and she is a graduate.
You're talking about money, and there's a difference between your family and the family you married into.
Gravis
metcalfmafia said:

King Leary said:

I think renovations are the thing being considered by the admin. The survey they sent out focused on improvements to Doak.

Before Covid, Boo commissioned a study to propose a master plan for improvements of all athletic facilities at NC State. Covid put us in survival mode and the total fallout remains to be seen. Will the fans support return and at what level? How soon? How will it affect TV revenue going forward? The ACC network is way behind the SEC & Big10 networks in revenue. Construction costs are way up since Covid hit too.How do you forecast cost right now?

That said, I expect something will be released sooner rather than later on the master plan. I have not seen the plan, but I feel fairly sure Baseball, Swimming, and Wrestling will get some attention.
Wolfer79
Gravis said:

metcalfmafia said:

King Leary said:

Before Covid, Boo commissioned a study to propose a master plan for improvements of all athletic facilities at NC State. Covid put us in survival mode and the total fallout remains to be seen. Will the fans support return and at what level? How soon? How will it affect TV revenue going forward? The ACC network is way behind the SEC & Big10 networks in revenue. Construction costs are way up since Covid hit too.How do you forecast cost right now?

That said, I expect something will be released sooner rather than later on the master plan. I have not seen the plan, but I feel fairly sure Baseball, Swimming, and Wrestling will get some attention.

thank you
BobbyCox95
Gravis said:

metcalfmafia said:

King Leary said:

Are we still paying off the debt from the previous Doak upgrades? Seem to remember DY saying that but it's hard to believe we would still be paying off a 6 million debt that's 18 years old.

I'm in the minority here but I'm in the camp of finding creative ways to enhance and expand Doak. I just don't think a huge new stadium on Centennial is feasible or necessary.

Bas2020
Why dont we have a clear vision with football and baseball stadium enhancements?

Go get some plans and a rendering made and donations will go thru the roof.

There is a TON of cash floating around in the economy right now. Strike while the iron is hot.
metcalfmafia
Here is my issue selfish fan issue with Doak...where are you tailgating at for a big game? The parking lots next to the stadium are jammed with campus parkers and that just leaves you with parking decks.

Doesn't give you that SEC baseball vibe at all.
BobbyCox95
Bas2020 said:

Why dont we have a clear vision with football and baseball stadium enhancements?

Go get some plans and a rendering made and donations will go thru the roof.

There is a TON of cash floating around in the economy right now. Strike while the iron is hot.

That was my point earlier as well. Renderings, virtual tour, etc seems like a no brainer to me. Then fund raise with a set amount needing to be raised based off of your plans. Worked for football in the late 90's early 2000's.
Pakbackr
Gravis said:

metcalfmafia said:

King Leary said:

I participated in that study, being invited to take an online survey to provide input on a variety of potential enhancements. I was astounded at the time, just how many different and unique fan experience options were being considered...including (IIRC) below ground level seats behind home plate, tiered grassy areas (where fans could bring their own favorite bag chair), a pavilion area for large groups, outfield viewing areas, premium seating and club level accommodations. At the time, all I could think was - these are super nice, but the "Are you willing to pay $XXX for these seats?" amounts just blew me away. As I recall, most were SUPER EXPENSIVE and I immediately thought I could never afford most of these options. It kinda turned me off, but looking back, this makes sense - you have to justify (pay for) enhancements somehow!

I was impressed by Louisiana Tech's stadium (as well as other Super Regional hosts) as they already have many of the features being presented in the options in our study.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.