Baseball vs NC A&T 4/14 6pm

2,861 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ON DECK
Wednesday, April 14 vs. North Carolina A&T 6 PM
castlewood107
Please save Villaman to close vs. ND multiple times.

A&T has given up these run totals mid-week this year: 14, 23 (!), 14, 16. Let's rake.

Sounds like a bullpen day to me.
SportManagementEngineer
castlewood107 said:

A&T has given up these run totals mid-week this year: 14, 23 (!), 14, 16. Let's rake.

If you look at the ERA's of our bullpen guys, its possible we could give up 14, 23 (!), 14, and 16 as well if we throw a bullpen day.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wilmwolf
I feel like we need to keep winning, mid week or not, and the best way to do that has been sticking with our starting pitching. I think the ideal scenario would be that Villaman has a stress free, low pitch count game and you maybe can get him out a little earlier and maybe have him for Saturday or Sunday since I don't believe we have a mid week next week. I think if we had a whole bunch of arms available, even if they weren't great, I would be fine with a bullpen day, but currently we are short handed and most of the guys that are available haven't been great, which is just a tough spot. I just think we need to keep rolling with what's working. There's also the possibility that Villaman simply pitches better as a starter and may not be a miracle out of the pen. We already tried that with Johnston this year and it didn't really work out.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Civilized
SportManagementEngineer said:

castlewood107 said:

If you look at the ERA's of our bullpen guys, its possible we could give up 14, 23 (!), 14, and 16 as well if we throw a bullpen day.

Truth. Start a starter.
JCooke93
Start Chris because after Wednesday we have no midweek games next week
JCooke93
I just thought about we could start D.Feeney19 tomorrow night and see how he does for 3 or 4 innings and if he has a hard time in the 1 or 2 innings then put Chris in this was if Feeney does well then maybe we could have our 5 SP just thinking out loud
Wolfer79
.@NCStateBaseball puts its 5-game win streak on the line against N.C. A&T at home on Wednesday.

The Aggies are 9-23, 5-19 on the road, and have just one player batting over .300.
@katpeters15
https://t.co/0PwfT7pjMx
Wolfer79
NC State baseball (14-11) returns home Wednesday for a midweek contest with North Carolina A&T (9-23). First pitch is set for 6 p.m. at Doak Field at Dail Park, and the game will be broadcast on the ACC Network Extra.

There will additionally be a free audio stream on WKNC 88.1 and the TuneIn App.

ATTENDANCE POLICY
With the recent updates to capacity guidelines for Doak Field at Dail Park, NC State Athletics is able to increase fan attendance for the remainder of the season. NC State student-athletes, NC State students and NC State baseball season ticket holders will all have increased allotments for upcoming games.

A full concessions menu on the first base side will be provided for fans. Both cash and credit card will be accepted. Fans are no longer permitted to bring in outside food but are still allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water.

STARTING PITCHERS
TBD (NCSU) vs. TBD (A&T)

SCOUTING NC A&T
In its last time out, the Aggies split its series with North Carolina Central over the weekend to improve to 4-8 in MEAC play. A&T has won two of its last 12 games.

As a team the Aggies are batting .248 and averaging 4.78 runs and 7.78 hits per game. The team is led by Cameron Brantley at the plate who owns a .303 batting average, 23 runs and 33 hits, while Justin Rodriguez paces the squad with six doubles, five homers and 26 runs batted in.

On the mound, its staff has compiled a 7.25 earned-run average and is averaging 7.12 strikeouts per game, led by Evan Gates with 46.
EthanBarry
Staff
JCooke93 said:

Start Chris because after Wednesday we have no midweek games next week
Hope we can add one.
wolfpack1437
We may not have one this week if the weather forecast holds
Wolfer79
Technician

.@NCStateBaseball has been looking for consistency on the mound, and at least in its starters, it has finally found it.

Willadsen - 3.00 ERA
Johnston - 4.50
Villaman - 4.64
Highfill - 4.65
@wcthornhill
https://t.co/wvKWdsHSGP
JCooke93
I hope so too
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
I don't like being overly critical, because I don't know how much experience she has, but this is the second game I've heard Erin Summers announce this year, and she's not very good. Hopefully she learns some from Andrew tonight.
SportManagementEngineer
Good start.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

I don't like being overly critical, because I don't know how much experience she has, but this is the second game I've heard Erin Summers announce this year, and she's not very good. Hopefully she learns some from Andrew tonight.

Tony Haynes on radio
wilmwolf
Yup, just switched over.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
Tough review, thought Devo's hand was definitely there before the ball, but it looked like the catcher's foot may have blocked him touching the plate. No real good angles that they showed anyway.
wolfpack1437
Somebody get Sanders some Zyrtec
Wolfer79
7-1
end of 5
EthanBarry
Staff
Glad they were able to get Villaman out, hope they have a game lined up for next week (Western Carolina???) but if not, he should be able to throw Sunday
wilmwolf
Nice dub.
JCooke93
Anyone else off next week
wilmwolf
Is there anyone available that would actually help our RPI. I'm down to watch us play, but we could use a bump in that department. I'm sure it will continue to go up with more conference games also.
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

ECU has no mid week game but they are playing 4 game series in their conference. They play 4 games this weekend and start another 4 games series Friday. Beating them would help us but they may not want to play.
Wolfer79
Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

ECU has no mid week game but they are playing 4 game series in their conference. They play 4 games this weekend and start another 4 games series Friday. Beating them would help us but they may not want to play.

I heard somewhere, not sure if Avent interview on Packer and Durham, or during Wolfpack baseball radio broadcast, that the conference East Carolina is in does not allow nonconference games this season once conference season starts.

Looking at East Carolina schedule there are no nonconference games once conference season started.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

Is there anyone available that would actually help our RPI. I'm down to watch us play, but we could use a bump in that department. I'm sure it will continue to go up with more conference games also.
Western is 18-8 and 38th in RPI. They won't finish there, but hopefully top 100
EthanBarry
Staff
JCooke93 said:

Alabama would be interesting, South Carolina doesn't have a midweek.

Locally, NC Central, Elon (play them again in two weeks), JMU. None of those games will be RPI helpers though
EthanBarry
Staff
Wolfer79 said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

I heard somewhere, not sure if Avent interview on Packer and Durham, or during Wolfpack baseball radio broadcast, that the conference East Carolina is in does not allow nonconference games this season once conference season starts.

Looking at East Carolina schedule there are no nonconference games once conference season started.
Yeah doesn't look like they're an option. Charlotte and ODU would be the two attractive options but both have games next Tuesday. They're also playing four game series so can't imagine they really want to play midweeks
JCooke93
Well the ECU at Houston Series just got PPD again
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.