Baseball vs Appalachian State 4/6 6pm

2,250 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ON DECK
Tuesday, April 6 vs. Appalachian State 6 PM
castlewood107
Time for another complete game from Villaman. LOL.

App had their series canceled vs. Coastal this weekend so they might throw bullpen day with all their weekend arms.

I had no clue our pen depth was so thin. Talking about top 3 RH and top LH options all gone.

Jcooke, all these guys are injured right. Did I miss anyone? This is insane.

Pace (out for year)
Cotter (see above)
Bender
Silver
Baker Nelson
JCooke93
Not sure about bender
Wolfer79
.@NCStateBaseball has a chance to rebound from its series loss and build on its Sunday win with a midweek game against the 11-12 Appalachian State Mountaineers.
https://t.co/dCBolQWUbE
wolfpack1437
castlewood107 said:

Time for another complete game from Villaman. LOL.

App had their series canceled vs. Coastal this weekend so they might throw bullpen day with all their weekend arms.

I had no clue our pen depth was so thin. Talking about top 3 RH and top LH options all gone.

Jcooke, all these guys are injured right. Did I miss anyone? This is insane.

Pace (out for year)
Cotter (see above)
Bender
Silver
Baker Nelson
Didn't realize Cotter was done for the year
castlewood107
I could be wrong but I think he is. Jcooke said somewhat recently don't expect him back for a long time.

As predicted APP is throwing their Saturday starter tonight.
Wolfer79
EthanBarry
Staff
Assuming villaman starts, wonder what they do with him. Have to have him ready in the pen on Friday, right? Or do they stick with him as the midweek guy?
Wolfer79
NC State baseball (10-11) will step out of conference play when it welcomes Appalachian State (11-11) Tuesday evening at Doak Field at Dail Park for a midweek tilt. First pitch is set for 6 p.m., and the game will be broadcast on the ACC Network Extra.

STARTING PITCHERS
LHP Chris Villaman (NCSU) vs. LHP Quinton Martinez (APP)

ATTENDANCE POLICY
With the recent updates to capacity guidelines for Doak Field at Dail Park, NC State Athletics is able to increase fan attendance for the remainder of the season. NC State student-athletes, NC State students and NC State baseball season ticket holders will all have increased allotments for upcoming games.

A full concessions menu on the first base side will be provided for fans. Both cash and credit card will be accepted. Fans are no longer permitted to bring in outside food but are still allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water

SCOUTING APPALACHIAN STATE
Tuesday will be App State's first game in a week as its series at Coastal Carolina was postponed due to COVID protocols among the Chanticleer program. In its last time out, the Mountaineers traveled to Wake Forest on March 30 and suffered a 15-7 loss. Prior to its midweek contest in Winston-Salem, App salvaged its series at Georgia Southern on March 28 with a 3-1 victory.

The Mountaineers were picked to finish fifth in the East Division of the Sun Belt Preseason Coaches' Poll while second baseman Luke Drumheller was named a preseason All-Sun Belt selection. The team returned all but one of its position starters and all but one of its primary pitchers from last season.

Starting pitcher Quinton Martinez has made six starts in as many appearances and owns a 3-3 record this year with a 4.25 earned-run average. He currently leads the staff with 36.0 innings pitched and combined with Jason Cornatzer in the team's 4-0 shutout win over Winthrop on Opening Day.

Offensively, Drumheller and Robbie Young lead the way with .326 and .304 batting averages, respectively. Drumheller paces the squad with 29 hits, five doubles and 20 runs batted in, while Young owns a team-high .481 slugging percentage and .421 on-base percentage.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
Devo smoked that one to center.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

Devo smoked that one to center.

Wolfer79
NC State 3, Appalachian State 0 End 4th
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NC State 4, Appalachian State 1 End 5th
SportManagementEngineer
Taking care of business tonight. Very nice.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wilmwolf
That kid is a tall drink of water.
Wolfer79
Following a series loss to Clemson, @NCStateBaseball bounced back in a big way in a 13-2 blowout over App State that saw a 7-hit, 9-run 6th inning by the Pack.

Head coach Elliott Avent captured his 900th win with NC State in the win.
@sam_aov
https://t.co/HSYwYocsIs
JCooke93
Ingle
Payne
Bender
Did very good out of the Bullpen Last night
castlewood107
Yes they sure did.

I would like to see us move Villaman into the Sunday role and allow Matt W to pitch multiple games every week out of the pen

Next week seems like a prime spot to do that. Don't waste Villaman on a bad A&T team. Let's move him to Sunday and let Matt W help out Justice nail down the weekend pen.
89_Grad
hey, what I can't figure out from all the ticket office stuff I've been getting, can I just walk up and buy a ticket at the gate? or do you have to do this allotment thing in advance?
Wolfer79
89_Grad said:

hey, what I can't figure out from all the ticket office stuff I've been getting, can I just walk up and buy a ticket at the gate? or do you have to do this allotment thing in advance?

my understanding is advance
JCooke93
They are not selling Tickets at the ballpark unfortunately
JCooke93
I agree but right now we can't take any game for granted since we are in a bad spot right now but I do like that idea
Glasswolf
Cannot believe no one has mentioned Avent's 900 career win at NC State
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

wilmwolf
Definitely a big deal. I was disheartened, but not surprised, to see the number of negative responses to the tweet that they sent out about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.