baseball vs Louisville 3/19-21

4,846 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 89_Grad
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Prior to the pause, @NCStateBaseball struggled to find ACC wins, with disappointing performances vs. Georgia Tech (0-3) and Miami (1-2).

This weekend, the Pack will face another highly ranked opponent: No. 8 Louisville.
https://t.co/DDNXBJhiS1
I40Wolf
Got my tickets for Sunday
Wolfer79
NC State baseball (4-6, 1-5 ACC) returns to action this weekend against its third nationally-ranked opponent of the season when it hosts No. 7 Louisville (11-5, 4-2 ACC) in a three-game series at Doak Field at Dail Park.

The teams will play Friday at 6:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m., and all three contests will be broadcast on the ACC Network Extra. There will additionally be a free audio stream on WKNC 88.1 FM and the TuneIn App.

ATTENDANCE POLICY
With the recent updates to capacity guidelines for Doak Field at Dail Park, NC State Athletics is able to increase fan attendance for the remainder of the season. NC State student-athletes, NC State students and NC State baseball season ticket holders will all have increased allotments for upcoming games.

A full concessions menu on the first base side will be provided for fans. Both cash and credit card will be accepted. Fans are no longer permitted to bring in outside food but are still allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water.

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday LHP Evan Justice (NCSU) vs. LHP Michael Kirian (UL)
Saturday RHP Sam Highfill (NCSU) vs. RHP Glenn Albanese (UL)
Sunday TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (UL)

SCOUTING LOUISVILLE
The Cardinals had a four-game win streak snapped with a 6-3 loss to Eastern Kentucky on Tuesday in its last time out. Louisville had just come off of a series sweep over No. 13 Boston College to improve to 4-2 in ACC action.

Louisville, who reached the College World Series in 2019, was picked as this year's overall regular season champion in the ACC Preseason Coaches Poll.

Six different players were tabbed preseason All-Americans by at least one major publication, including Alex Binelas and Henry Davis who were recently named to the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award Preseason Watch List. Davis currently leads the squad offensively with a .411 batting average, 23 hits and 16 runs batted in.

Starting pitcher Michael Kirian, a Preseason All-American and NCBWA Stopper of the Year Preseason Watch List nominee, currently leads the pitching staff with three wins in 16 innings pitched. Eight different players have tallied double-digit strikeouts so far this season, led by Adam Elliott who has fanned 21 in his five appearances.
wilmwolf
Glad to be back on the field. Tough series to have to restart with, but hopefully the guys come out fired up after not playing for a while.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437
Evan Justice off to his usual start
DanielWilsonIPS
wolfpack1437 said:

Evan Justice off to his usual start

For better or worse
Daniel Wilson
Staff Writer, IPS
Producer, Learfield
NCBWA Member
wolfpack1437
I missed the pregame, why is Murr out and why is Tatum in?
wolfpack1437
Looks like covid. Tatum in for Butler. Interesting that Giles is next young guy in
wilmwolf
This was gonna be a tough series either way, but especially short handed. Just keep battling.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
Soles watches 6 pitches and never takes the bat off his shoulder...and K's. It would not shock me to see us get no-hit. This year's Pack baseball team is a tough watch
Wolfer79
Tresh breaks up perfect game with 2 out walk in 4th
Wolfer79
Final line on Evan Justice: 4.1 IP, 7 R, 7 H, 5 K, 4 BB, 101 pitches (59 strikes).

Wolfer79
middle of 5
Louisville 9
NC State 0

no hitter intact
wolfpack1437
9-0 Louisville after 5, still no hits
wolfpack1437
After 6, no hitter still intact....but you could tell he has started to clinch those cheeks some
wolfpack1437
Evil Genius at work throwing out the freshman arm, hoping to extend the game and throw off the UL pitcher's rhythm
wolfpack1437
11-0 Louisville after 7, still no hits
wolfpack1437
Tatum breaks up the no no in the 8th! Woot woot, now I can turn the game off.
Louisville leads 13-0
Wolfer79
Tatum single in 8th breaks up no hitter

Torres singles to drive in Jarrett who walked prior to Tatum's single to break up.shut out
YouPeople
Time for Avent to move on...
Wolfer79
final
Louisville 13
NC State 1
Wolfer79
.@NCStateBaseball fell 13-1 in the series opener against Louisville as the Cardinals' starting pitcher took a no-hitter into the 8th inning.

Series resumes Saturday at 2 p.m.
@wcthornhill
https://t.co/b5VoXtdPEx
pack4life11
Avent...he just doesn't have it. What is this, year 27?? And no championship to show for it.

Said it before and I'll say it again: Find me a head coach, at any level, from rec league to the pros that has been a head coach for that long and not won a championship. Especially while maintaining the head job at the same institution.
dmelvin
I coached in middle school for 24 years. My teams won 16 championships and won the last 45 games in a row when I retired ! Time at State for improvements to baseball facilities and coaches.
Dmelvin
JCooke93
FYI We are Going Through A Injury Bug and We have played the 3 best teams to start ACC Play So Once we get things figured out and back heath we should be ok but with that being said Let's Turn This Thing Around Soon #partyatthedoak
Wolfer79
89_Grad
Want a job?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Pakbackr
What is going on with the team? Were we way overrated or are we way underperforming? Have we finally put a product on the field that matches our pitiful facilities? Seriously, what is going on here?
Wolfer79
Pakbackr said:

What is going on with the team? Were we way overrated or are we way underperforming? Have we finally put a product on the field that matches our pitiful facilities? Seriously, what is going on here?

pitching is inconsistent at best

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
End of the 5th: Louisville 3, NC State 2
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.