ACC Athletic Directors approved baseball schedule framework

2,027 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BREAKING: @theACC athletic directors voted on and approved college baseball's season framework for 2021 this week.

The #ACC will play:

* 50 overall games
* 36 conference games (12 weekends)
* 14 nonconference games (can be played as midweeks or weekends)

Wolfer79
JCooke93
Let's Goooo
Bigwuf
Looking forward to it, even if can't attend in person.
Wolfer79
Cthepack
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer you think IPS can field a team?
Pakbackr
Any word on ticket sales for this season? I'm thinking that the majority of the season ticket holders could qualify for the vaccine by the time the season would typically start!
Wolfer79
Cthepack said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer you think IPS can field a team?

no shortage of coaches, for sure
I40Wolf
Pakbackr said:

Any word on ticket sales for this season? I'm thinking that the majority of the season ticket holders could qualify for the vaccine by the time the season would typically start!
LOL
JCooke93
No news yet
89_Grad
Sheese...the midweek games in Feb./March, the place is only 5% full usually anyway. They should let those faithful few in...there is ample room for social distancing...

In lieu of regular ticket sales, I'd just put, say, 100 stadium passes for each game first come first served to Season ticket holders, then WPC members, then the public. Use the existing ticket transfer software to allow games to be "claimed" by folks who can and want to show up. distribute another 50 to students on the hill.

To extent folks still mingle on concourse, however, system still has strong potential to become a superspreader...you can't force everyone to remain in their seats at a baseball game, because it's almost three hours typically... And of course there's the problem of the yahoos who believe COVID is a hoax and refuse to wear masks...
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
I40Wolf
Pakbackr said:

Vaccinations during 7th inning stretch?
JCooke93
I wish that I could watch in person this year
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.