Baseball vs Coastal Carolina 3/4 3pm

6,525 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UP NEXT
Wednesday, March 4 Coastal Carolina 3 PM
Pakbackr
We used a lot of pitchers this weekend. Anyone know who is available? Gonna be a tough game and they may have to use everyone in the bullpen!
Pack31
Pakbackr said:

We used a lot of pitchers this weekend. Anyone know who is available? Gonna be a tough game and they may have to use everyone in the bullpen!

We didn't use Tillery, Neese, Bender at all. Nelson, Klyman, Justice went Friday, so should be available by Wednesday. Feeny went Saturday, but just 1 inning for relief of Swinney, so he should be good to go.

So that's 7 guys available for 9 innings. Can see Bender, Nelson, Justice going multiples if hot. We will be fine.

Our depth is a good thing and I like Bullpen games because it keeps hitter from adjusting.

Pakbackr
Coastal Carolina had a relatively easy series with Maryland this weekend, with only the last game being close. But they also have to play Charlotte Tuesday night before heading to Raleigh. Supposed to be in the 60s Wednesday...can't wait for this one. I hope Doak is packed!
Packsd14me
Did Cotter throw this weekend? Is he hurt? I was thinking Bender and Cotter both have experience with starting.
Pack31
Packsd14me said:

Did Cotter throw this weekend? Is he hurt? I was thinking Bender and Cotter both have experience with starting.

Cotter had back surgery. Some say out till April. Others say out all season. Pitching wont be easy to overcome with a back. Alot of torque there. Bender prob isnt stretched out as most of these bullpen guys arent. I'd say 20-30 pitches max for any of them right now. Depends on how they're doing and the stress of those pitches i suppose.
EthanBarry
Staff
Please play Noah Soles. I'd guess villaman gets the first couple innings to get him on track to be the midweek guy.
Pack31
EthanBarry said:

Please play Noah Soles. I'd guess villaman gets the first couple innings to get him on track to be the midweek guy.

Yeah, hes the real deal. Start him in the Tatum spot i assume. Avent has really built some depth/options
mikemattocks
Just my opinion, but I would say give Noah Soles one of the starting outfield positions. The young man can hit, field his position well, and has speed on the base paths. The numbers he has put up this year when he has been in the lineup speaks for itself.
pack2010
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Yeah, hes the real deal. Start him in the Tatum spot i assume. Avent has really built some depth/options
Start him in the McArthur spot instead. Tatum is getting on base at a .500+ clip. Just needs to make consistent contact
Wolfer79

STARTING PITCHERS
TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (CCU)

Pack31
pack2010 said:

Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Start him in the McArthur spot instead. Tatum is getting on base at a .500+ clip. Just needs to make consistent contact

True. Love his speed threat too. McArthur actually hit well to start the season too. Good problem to have really.
wolfpack1437
Looks like this is on the ACC Network and not the ACC Network Extra, anyone know if that's right?
Gost8
You tube Tv shows Acc network
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437
Gost8 said:

You tube Tv shows Acc network
Thank you
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
DJncsu13
Good start so far. Brown with a 2 R HR. Some help from Coastal walking a few. 6-0 Pack still in the 1st.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
kmb717
Bailey Grand Slam! 10-0 after 1.
DJncsu13
Bailey absolutely CRUSHED that ball. There was absolutely no doubt where that was ending up.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
mikemattocks
Folks, looks like Coastal's pitching staff is throwing BP today! I'll take it! Go Pack!!!
Colonel Armstrong
I really like Pace so far. Powerful arm.
ShaggyWolf
EthanBarry said:

Please play Noah Soles. I'd guess Villaman gets the first couple innings to get him on track to be the midweek guy.
What do you think about Pace getting the start? Do you see Villaman getting a couple innings today or getting another crack at starting on Sunday?
Wolfer79
kmb717 said:

Bailey Grand Slam! 10-0 after 1.

Pack31
Lol. Recorded it get home and watch. Just caught up. Wow....its ugly and I love it. Get some young guys some ABs. Pace looks great.
Wolfer79
EthanBarry said:

PossumJenkins
If Pace could look like that midweek and build up to a few more innings, having Harrison and Justice for long relief on the weekends would be a heck of a weapon. I think Villaman is just to good to move off the weekend. His outing against TT he looked very impressive....either way these are great problems to have.
Pack31
PossumJenkins said:

If Pace could look like that midweek and build up to a few more innings, having Harrison and Justice for long relief on the weekends would be a heck of a weapon. I think Villaman is just to good to move off the weekend. His outing against TT he looked very impressive....either way these are great problems to have.

I'd prefer Harrison as a weekend starter. I dont think Villaman is stretched out yet. He can be the long relief guy ,if a starter falters early on.
Colonel Armstrong
I think this is our deepest pitching staff in years
Pack31
King Leary said:

I think this is our deepest pitching staff in years

Agree. And without Cotter who came on late last year.
wilmwolf
Gosh fellas, save some for this weekend.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
SportManagementEngineer
Haha 22 runs in four innings. Keep going guys
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
FlockaWolf
Been rough since Pace was taken out
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.