Baseball @ Cambria College Classic 2/28-3/1

18,740 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UP NEXT
CambriaCollegeClassic (Minneapolis, Minn.)
Friday, Feb. 28 vs. Iowa 12 PM ET
Saturday, Feb. 29 vs. Purdue 12 PM ET
Sunday, March 1 vs. Minnesota 7 PM ET

We interrupt your pregame festivities to announce our weekend starters for the CambriaCollegeClassic:

Friday - RHP Reid Johnston
Saturday - LHP Nick Swiney
Sunday - LHP Chris Villaman https://t.co/EuYEwnyvQx
JCooke93
Let's Goooo
Wolfblood
Does anyone know whether these games are streaming anywhere online? They are not listed on the ESPN app. Will they be on the Tune-in radio app? Thanks in advance.
JCooke93
Wolfblood said:

Does anyone know whether these games are streaming anywhere online? They are not listed on the ESPN app. Will they be on the Tune-in radio app? Thanks in advance.
Big10 Network
JCooke93
And on hulu and Amazon
TraCha4
Looks like a really cool setup and experience. I'm excited for this tournament.
Pack31
I'm guessing Johnston and Swiney swapped based on lefty/righty #s in each potential lineup fri and sat?
JCooke93
TraCha4 said:

Looks like a really cool setup and experience. I'm excited for this tournament.
I am too
JCooke93
Pack31 said:

I'm guessing Johnston and Swiney swapped based on lefty/righty #s in each potential lineup fri and sat?
nope giving Nick a extra day of rest
metcalfmafia
Really hoping Villaman can bounce back Sunday.
Pack31
metcalfmafia said:

Bounce back? Is he hurt or sick? I thought he pitched great last Sunday.
metcalfmafia
Pack31 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Man I forgot about the Tenn. Tech series.

I wasn't able to go to any of it or watch it so it was erased from my brain.
mikemattocks
What does the pitching rotation look like for this weekend?
JCooke93
mikemattocks said:

What does the pitching rotation look like for this weekend?
Friday R.johnston29
Saturday N.swiney46 And Sunday C.Villaman16
JCooke93
Pack31 said:

metcalfmafia said:

sick
pack2010
I wonder why we are holding Swiney until Saturday. Seems like Purdue is the worst of the 3 teams with Iowa being better and Minnesota being the best
mikemattocks
Sorry about that. If I would have scrolled further up the page I would have seen the rotation for this weekend.
packtraveler
pack2010 said:

I wonder why we are holding Swiney until Saturday. Seems like Purdue is the worst of the 3 teams with Iowa being better and Minnesota being the best
I can think of several reasons why he would go with Johnston and then Swiney. If you think back to when Rodon was here, he was the Game 2 starter quite a bit during his career even though he was our best pitcher...Avent likes to run out his top arm in the 2nd game of a weekend series....did the same thing with Brian Brown. A second reason could be that since Johnston is coming back after an illness, they may have concerns about how deep he can go in the game. You can use your bullpen on Friday for multiple innings and still have them available on Sunday depending on how many pitches they throw.....not as likely if you have to use them for a number of innings on Saturday. They may feel they can get more innings out of Swiney based on his first two outings. Lastly.....Johnston has been a weekend starter for most of his first two years and has a 13-3 overall record during the time.....not a bad person to throw out there to start the first game of your first road trip of the season.
Pack31
metcalfmafia said:

Pack31 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Man I forgot about the Tenn. Tech series.

I wasn't able to go to any of it or watch it so it was erased from my brain.

No worries. I knew he was sick coming into the season a week or so, so.he was off schedule, but he looked sharp last weekend. Hes gonna be a good one.
Pack31
I love the depth we have built on this staff too. We have pitched alot of guys and each one brings it and brings something different. It's not just 3-4 guys we r leaning on so far. Harrison is a good option as a weekend guy, if someone falters. Hes really good.
JCooke93
pack2010 said:

record whise Purdue has the Best Record at 6 and 1
JCooke93
mikemattocks said:

Sorry about that. If I would have scrolled further up the page I would have seen the rotation for this weekend.
no worries
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

pack2010 said:

record whise Purdue has the Best Record at 6 and 1

Yea saw that. Just saw Minnesota was preseason #3 in the big 10, I think Iowa was 5 or 6 and Purdue towards the bottom
Pack31
JCooke93 said:

Wolfblood said:

Big10 Network

So is this just a Big10 network app for streaming? Because i have direct tv and the Big10 network channel, but it doesnt show the baseball tourney at all in the guide. Is it not on tv then? Just steaming

metcalfmafia
Pack31 said:

JCooke93 said:

Wolfblood said:

Big10 Network

So is this just a Big10 network app for streaming? Because i have direct tv and the Big10 network channel, but it doesnt show the baseball tourney at all in the guide. Is it not on tv then? Just steaming

You have to purchase a Big Ten Plus subscription to be able to watch the games. I plan on paying 15 for the month and then canceling.
Wolfer79
rmcwpups
Do they play inside? in a dome?

Was just looking at the weather for Minneapolis. Tomorrow the low is 11 and the high is 27. Tough baseball weather
Pack31
Looks like we r getting Iowa and Purdue's best starters. At least so far this season.
metcalfmafia
rmcwpups said:

Do they play inside? in a dome?

Was just looking at the weather for Minneapolis. Tomorrow the low is 11 and the high is 27. Tough baseball weather

The games are played in the Vikings domed stadium.
DJncsu13
Does anybody know if the games will be broadcast on 88.1 or streamed on tuned in?
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
JCooke93
I am so excited about today
Wolfer79
DJncsu13 said:

Does anybody know if the games will be broadcast on 88.1 or streamed on tuned in?

Looks like tunein for sure and probably 88 1 but not streamed

Wolfer79
metcalfmafia

I've been trying to find the dimensions, but have been unsuccessful.
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.