NC State vs. ECU--who's ducking who?

4,415 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
89_Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has Avent gotten into some kind of feud with ECU's coach? I note that in midweek games this year, ECU plays UNC, UNC-W Old Dominion and Campbell twice this year, and Duke once. Is this our decision or their's?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Wolfer79
I seem to remember they were trying to have a game at Mudcats Stadium with proceeds to ALS, but could not work out for 2020 but plan to have in 2021.

89_Grad
Guess I'm asking why aren't they an automatic home and home on our schedule or a 3 game set in February? I mean, the year UNC wasn't on our conference schedule, we scheduled a nonconference game (although IIRC, it was rained out...) I see them as just as important a part of our schedule as UNC. As a season ticket holder, I'd have much rather seen them than the 3 completely forgettable opponents we've shelled so far this year. Plus, it would give us a much better idea of how good our pitching really is.
Wolfer79
I do not East Carolina and NC State have been a home and home series for several years. It has just one game.

Edit
I do not know why it changed, but agree it should be at least home and home every year
wilmwolf
Nah, as much as they've whined about it, I'm fine with not playing them. I know that's an unpopular opinion on this board, but after getting basically forced to play them in football back in the day, I would be fine if we never played them in any sport. There are plenty of good schools regionally to play mid-week or otherwise.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Pack31
Right. Just like any sport we play them (even if baseball is their best sport), i/we get little out of the matchup. Lose and it's like they won the world series. Bitter taste for ECU period.

And above, I think we played unc last year (or year. 4)once mid week and it didnt count towards the acc standings. Weird
JCooke93
89_Grad said:

Has Avent gotten into some kind of feud with ECU's coach? I note that in midweek games this year, ECU plays UNC, UNC-W Old Dominion and Campbell twice this year, and Duke once. Is this our decision or their's?
what started it was EZU Crying about not playing us because of the rain game
89_Grad
You mean couple of years ago when game here was played, but game down there was rained out? So they think we owe them a home game and we disagree?
Ripper
F ECU. Play them. Don't play them. Who gives a ?
3rdGenPacker
Pretty sure there are some hard feelings between Avent and Godwin so don't think they even try to schedule it currently. That might change if/when one of them has a coaching change.
89_Grad
3rdGenPacker said:

Pretty sure there are some hard feelings between Avent and Godwin so don't think they even try to schedule it currently. That might change if/when one of them has a coaching change.
Seems petty, and robs fans of one of the best matchups in this State. Overall, I'm pleased with the OOC schedule, although I do wish we'd slightly elevate those opening two weekend three game sets. We've done it before (IIRC, we had a three game set vs. Oklahoma State one year). .
Pack31
They dont wanna play us right now. Lol
Wolfer79
89_Grad said:

3rdGenPacker said:

Seems petty, and robs fans of one of the best matchups in this State. Overall, I'm pleased with the OOC schedule, although I do wish we'd slightly elevate those opening two weekend three game sets. We've done it before (IIRC, we had a three game set vs. Oklahoma State one year). .

I wish they would do like Georgia and Georgia Tech did this past weekend. Friday at one home stadium, Saturday at neutral site, Sunday at other home stadium
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

Right. Just like any sport we play them (even if baseball is their best sport), i/we get little out of the matchup. Lose and it's like they won the world series. Bitter taste for ECU period.

And above, I think we played unc last year (or year. 4)once mid week and it didnt count towards the acc standings. Weird

State gets a huge RPI boost which they've really needed the last two years. State's non conference schedule is so bad they've won 18 and 19 games conference games and been a borderline host. That's inexcusable. I don't think they've played one game against a non-conference team who made the tournament the last two years.

Edit: just remembered UNCW and Campbell made it last year. Don't think they've played an at large team in the last two years
PossumJenkins
Don't we play Coastal a few times every year who makes the NCAA fairly regularly? Agree the OOC needs upgrading but i believe you missed Coastal as well.
EthanBarry
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

Don't we play Coastal a few times every year who makes the NCAA fairly regularly? Agree the OOC needs upgrading but i believe you missed Coastal as well.

Yeah good call. Point remains, ECU needs to be on the schedule
Pack31
EthanBarry said:

PossumJenkins said:

Yeah good call. Point remains, ECU needs to be on the schedule

Oh I know. I just hate their whiny asses and the fact legislature had to force us play them. Stupid.
Colonel Armstrong
With our struggles to fill Doak it makes plenty of sense for us to schedule ECU. It's good for both programs (different than in football).
Wolfer79
King Leary said:

With our struggles to fill Doak it makes plenty of sense for us to schedule ECU. It's good for both programs (different than in football).

When I looked for tickets last week or so, all the seats are sold through season tickets
Colonel Armstrong
Hmm interesting, if we really are selling out then yeah it wouldn't make sense to add ECU
89_Grad
Wolfer79 said:

King Leary said:

When I looked for tickets last week or so, all the seats are sold through season tickets
THe season tickets are so cheap, I think some of our more well heeled donors buy blocks of four and then never show up. My season tix are in 9, and there are 4 seat blocks all over that section that are only occasionally filled. I rarely go the the games in February or March, so if you want to go to a game, PM me.
PackBacker07
Schedule all the NC schools in baseball, as most are usually good. Doesn't have to be a weekend, just a mid-week. Who cares? Get fans out to the park.
Y'all means ALL.
JCooke93
NC State vs ECU in a home And home games in 2021
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.