2020 baseball rankings

4,401 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCooke93
Sweet 16
Ripper
Love him or hate him, Avent always puts together a quality squad.
JCooke93
Ripper said:

Love him or hate him, Avent always puts together a quality squad.
yes he does And so does the rest of the Coach staff
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
#16 d1baseball.com

Wolfer79

D1Baseball Top 25 Rankings Chat: Preseason

Terrance: ACC seems stacked this year, perhaps more so than it's been in a while. What do you like about them most this year and do you think the league will be able to maintain this number through the season?
Aaron Fitt: Yeah, I agree with you Terrance I think this is the strongest the ACC has been in a long time, from top to bottom. I see three legitimate top-end contenders in Louisville, Miami and FSU, then a really strong next tier in Duke, NC State, Wake Forest and Georgia Tech (which you could line up in any order, really), then another really good tier of regional-caliber teams in UNC, UVa, Clemson and Boston College. That's 11 deep of regional-caliber clubs, and I think Virginia Tech is a very frisky 12th team, behind a rotation that should be very competitive and a nice group of emerging sophomores in the lineup. Obviously the ACC isn't going to get 11 or 12 regional teams, but nine or 10 feels very possible to me, and it will be fascinating to see how it shakes out.

Guest: What are your thoughts about N.C. State pitching?
Aaron Fitt: Nick Swiney is one of my big picks to click this year I think he's going to have a huge year. It's a 90-94 lefty with a changeup and breaking ball that both flash plus, and he came on strong down the stretch last year. With him and Reid Johnston, you've got two quality veteran starters, and Chris Villamon is a freshman who is ready to start on weekends right away he's going to have a great career at NC State. I also really like the veteran presence at the back of the bullpen with Feeney, Klyman and Cotter leading the way, though Cotter could also be a starting candidate. I think it's a pretty deep, varied staff that can offer a lot of different looks.

https://d1baseball.com/chats/d1baseball-top-25-rankings-chat-preseason/
EthanBarry
Staff
Interesting that he expects Villaman to start right away. Would be a huge boost if he can hold that spot all year
tau06
Didn't know the ACC was going to be so loaded this year. Should be another fun season on the diamond!
JCooke93
EthanBarry said:

Interesting that he expects Villaman to start right away. Would be a huge boost if he can hold that spot all year
I wouldn't be surprised at all
Pakbackr
Excuse me for not being all that excited about any pre-season rankings. We made it to #1 last year in the rankings and limped to the finish line, not even hosting a Regional.

That said, hats off to EA for consistently putting us in the conversation, despite having some of the worst facilities in college baseball!
pack2010
Pakbackr said:

Excuse me for not being all that excited about any pre-season rankings. We made it to #1 last year in the rankings and limped to the finish line, not even hosting a Regional.

That said, hats off to EA for consistently putting us in the conversation, despite having some of the worst facilities in college baseball!

Agreed. I will say I think injuries played a bigger role than people think. Will Wilson and Patrick Bailey both being dinged up slowed some things and Dalton Feeney and Kent Kylman weren't right towards the middle/end of the year either. Also, the Mensik injury was a sneaky one too. He seemed to be adjusting a little bit when he went down. That said, hopefully the depth this year makes up for it.
Wolfer79
#17 Baseball America

Wolfer79

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Up to #13

Wolfer79
wolf howl
ACC being represented very strongly in the top 25.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

Wolfer79
Wolfer79

TraCha4
ACC and SEC makeup 14 of the top 25 spots.
Wolfer79
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.