Cliff Godwin on East Carolina vs NC State baseball future games

6,765 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pbacker
Not that I care either way but why is it so hard to schedule one mid week game? Baseball schedules are not made years in advance. What is the issue here?
wilmwolf
Fairly sure ECU wants a series, or at least a home and home.
JCooke93
They Always Play the victim Lol
Glasswolf
Pbacker said:

Not that I care either way but why is it so hard to schedule one mid week game? Baseball schedules are not made years in advance. What is the issue here?
They have been trying to get a game at Five County to benefit ALS, then add a game in Greenville and a game in Raleigh
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

86wolf
We should do it. It would be great for baseball in the state.
EthanBarry
Staff
Pbacker said:

Godwin and Avent don't get along
wilmwolf
I know it's not an opinion everyone shares, but I personally wouldn't have a problem if we never played them again, in any sport.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

I know it's not an opinion everyone shares, but I personally wouldn't have a problem if we never played them again, in any sport.

I get it but if State replaces two games with George Mason and Towson with two games against ECU, State would've hosted a regional this year, even if they lost both.
wilmwolf
I understand the rpi implications, but there are other teams in the region that could accomplish the same goal, yes? If we're willing to go on the road or to a neutral site to play ECU, which we will have to be in order to play them since they aren't willing to just come play us in a mid week, why not go on the road to play someone else that would boost RPI? Our RPI was 18, so we didn't really need that much of a boost, much like in basketball, just needed a few slightly better teams. I just really don't care to play ECU, and that feeling grows the more they whine about us not playing them.
JCooke93
wilmwolf80 said:

I understand the rpi implications, but there are other teams in the region that could accomplish the same goal, yes? If we're willing to go on the road or to a neutral site to play ECU, which we will have to be in order to play them since they aren't willing to just come play us in a mid week, why not go on the road to play someone else that would boost RPI? Our RPI was 18, so we didn't really need that much of a boost, much like in basketball, just needed a few slightly better teams. I just really don't care to play ECU, and that feeling grows the more they whine about us not playing them.
Same Here
89_Grad
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
89_Grad
89_Grad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Fairly sure ECU wants a series, or at least a home and home.
Uh, we've done home and homes with them for years, as we do with Campbell, UNC-W, etc.The OP raises a valid question. Who's ducking who, because it is not that hard to schedule two midweek home and home games in the 10 weeks of the season between February and May. I know who I think is ducking who... Considering they clubbed us like a baby seal less than a month ago, this is hardly the time to play the "we are superior to ECU and should never play them" card.

You have no understanding of politics in NC if you think the General Assembly would not step in if we tried to stop playing ECU in all sports.
BigLefty24
Schedule em and play em. Two really good teams, and it's a great environment for both teams. If you were to ask the players, those are the type of games they live for.
Glasswolf
EthanBarry said:

Pbacker said:

This

Ripper
BigLefty24 said:

Schedule em and play em. Two really good teams, and it's a great environment for both teams. If you were to ask the players, those are the type of games they live for.
Perfect for a single mid week game every year or every other year or so.
WarrenPeace
EthanBarry said:

Pbacker said:

Why? I remember their fans acting all pissy in 2018 when the game got rained out. Surely they ain't fighting about that. That is the last time I remember us scheduling them though.
johntom
We should play ECU every single season. Make it a home/home + 1 neutral at the Mudcats stadium. It's guaranteed to bring people to the stadium and it's two teams who can usually help each others RPI.
WarrenPeace
johntom said:

We should play ECU every single season. Make it a home/home + 1 neutral at the Mudcats stadium. It's guaranteed to bring people to the stadium and it's two teams who can usually help each others RPI.

Agree. Seems like a great way to do it.
JCooke93
If they want to play us so bad then play us in the fall
89_Grad
^
What I think you aren't gettting is that the statement "only ECU fans are interested in State/ECU matchups every season in multiple sports" is demonstrably false, even if you go by nothing more than the responses on this thread...

Hilarious how some Pack fans, given this "you aren't our rivals"snub from UNC, try to turn around and stick it to the Pirates in the same way. Its like some self-perpetuating form of psychological trauma...If we sell 10 times the number of seats in our venues because ECU fans will show up, why wouldn't we want to take their money?
TheStorm
wilmwolf80 said:

Ditto.
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Ditto
Baseball is the only sport that I have no issue with playing them. They are equal on the diamond to us. Football and basketball,should never play us again.

BigLefty24
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Ditto
Baseball is the only sport that I have no issue with playing them. They are equal on the diamond to us. Football and basketball,should never play us again.
Well, they're 10-7 versus us in football over our last 17 meetings, with wins in 3 of the last four...I don't think we should be playing the "holier than thou" card against them just yet.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Glasswolf
BigLefty24 said:

Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Ditto
Well, they're 10-7 versus us in football over our last 17 meetings, with wins in 3 of the last four...I don't think we should be playing the "holier than thou" card against them just yet.
Never played that card. The game is bigger to them than it appears to us. We need to change that. My point was year after year, their baseball team is seemingly on equal ground to us. I'm ok wit playing them. We should never play them in basketball or football IMHO

JCooke93
According to EZU HC Godwin NC State vs EZU in 2021 in a Home And Home Series
89_Grad
JCooke93 said:

what about next season?
JCooke93
89_Grad said:

JCooke93 said:

what about next season?
Nothing on the 2020 season yet
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.