Andrew Knizner with Cardinals 1/12/24 Rangers

18,055 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Knizner started Friday night for Cardinals
3 for 5 2 rbi

season .500
Wolfer79
#STLCards manager Oliver Marmol said 39-year-old C Yadier Molina is dealing with many of the aches & pains usually associated with Spring Training. Molina's playing schedule the next week or so will reflect that & C Andrew Knizner will get more starts. Kiz starting today vs. MIL.

Wolfer79
Saturday
Kizner 1 for 4
double

season .417
Gost8
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/i-know-i-have-massive-shoes-to-fill-knizner-earned-cardinals-trust-before-getting-playing/article_047a51c7-034a-5030-aa4c-74cde98e4713.html?fbclid=IwAR1xfOcwizOjjQLCtKg-_NsTG1RMGknvA7I5jvWUDThJC1UYltbWiJoH4-U
Wolfer79
Saturday vs Reds
Knizner 2 for 3 with walk
rbi, run
hitting .318 on season
Wolfer79
Knizner in starting lineup on Sunday Night Baseball on espn

Molina has been hurt and Knizner and another catcher have been starting

none of the 3 are hitting
Knizner. 185
Herrera .111
Molina .213
Wolfer79
Knizner 1 for 2 today in loss to Phillies

1 for last 14

Wolfer79
Knizner 3 for 4 last night with 3 RBI. He has struggled at plate last few weeks
Wolfer79
Molina back in lineup last night

Knizner
last 7 games. 286 (6/21)
last 15 games .341 (14/41)
last 30 games .233 (17/73)

season .216 (37/171)
AlleyPack
The Cards were getting stomped last night, so they ended up letting ng AK pitch and get the last couple of outs in the 9th.
Wolfer79
Knizner hiys 2-run home run Saturday vs Braves
average up to .231
Wolfer79
I40Wolf
What about Knizner?
Wolfer79
Andrew Knizner on hitting a grand slam off a position player: "They all count the same. ... I went with the Albert Pujols approach, which is get on top of the plate, front of the box and try to hit it as hard as you can and far as you can to left field."

Wolfer79
July 4: C Andrew Knizner (groin) taken to hospital for evaluation
Knizner, who doubled over in pain after being hit by a foul tip in the groin in Tuesday's fourth inning, left the game an inning later and was taken to a local hospital emergency room for observation, manager Oliver Marmol said following the Cardinals' 15-2 loss to the Marlins.
Knizner, who had a single in his first at-bat, was injured when Miami's Jean Segura fouled a pitch back that hit him in the groin region. Knizner remained bent over in pain for several seconds as he talked to the team's medical staff and Marmol. He stayed in the game and finished the fourth inning before leaving in the bottom of the fifth inning. Willson Contreras, who had three hits on Monday and two more on Tuesday, took over at catcher after Knizner departed.

"He's at the ER at the moment, and we've yet to receive an update," Marmol said. "It got pretty bad, and our hope is that he's OK. I don't even care about the baseball side of it right now."

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/cardinals-injuries-and-roster-moves
Wolfer79
Knizner to IR

Knizner, who had his 18th career start on Tuesday while working with Wainwright, took a foul tip to the groin. After a period when he was doubled over in pain, Knizner stayed in the game to finish out the fourth inning. He later left the game and was taken to a Miami emergency room for observation. He was released from the hospital Tuesday night.
Wolfer79
Thursday

Andrew Knizner, who became just the fifth catcher in MLB history to hit two home runs in a game after coming off the bench, per the Elias Sports Bureau.

Knizner's 1st multi-home run game in majors

video's here

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/cubs-vs-cardinals/2023/07/27/717238/final/box

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

#STLCards reserve catcher Andrew Knizner came into tonight hitting .323 with three home runs and nine RBI in nine games since the break for the MLB All-Star Game.

Tonight, he's 2 for 2 with a HR and 2 RBI. He has a seven-game hit streak with four multi-hit games.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79

#Pack9 legend Andrew Knizner single for Cardinals vs Brewers in series finale. @A_Knizner five hits/2RBI in last six starts for defending NL Central champs who head to San Diego Friday night to open weekend

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The Cardinals have non-tendered RHP Dakota Hudson, C Andrew Knizner, OF Juan Yepez and RHP Jake Woodford.
SportManagementEngineer
Pretty excited to see that Knizner signed with my World Series champion Texas Rangers today.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer said:

Pretty excited to see that Knizner signed with my World Series champion Texas Rangers today.

Thank you
Wolfer79

C Andrew Knizner (@A_Knizner) will wear number 12. Last worn by C Sandy Len in 2023.
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.