Baseball ACCT pods (Tuesday-Sunday)

65,452 Views | 511 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Struttingwolf96
Whitetailpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never a doubt
Colonel Armstrong
Let's goo!!! What an awesome comeback win!
Formerly King Leary
pack4life11
BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

Happy as hell with the win...ecstatic. But my point isn't advancing to semi finals or finals...it's winning the damn thing. I hope I get to eat all kinds of crow (23 years worth) on Sunday
Colonel Armstrong
pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

Happy as hell with the win...ecstatic. But my point isn't advancing to semi finals or finals...it's winning the damn thing. I hope I get to eat all kinds of crow (23 years worth) on Sunday

All we need is two more wins now, hopefully we can get it done
Formerly King Leary
Outlaw08Torn
What a wild ride. Let's get that Championship!
TraCha4
Awesome comeback. Scrappy bunch.
wilmwolf
What a come back! Great performance by Swiney. He kept us in the game. Helluva have from Debo. Great COACHING to put Mensik in there, he had a great game. Great effort from Tatum to beat out that chopper. Great COACHING to put Harrison in to pinch run as he's one of our best athletes regardless of position. Kudos to the umps for getting ONE home plate call correct. Awesome job by Cotter in an extremely high leverage situation. Like I said during the game, it's never over till it's over in baseball. To the toxic haters, I'll see y'all tomorrow when you find something to complain about.
PossumJenkins
Man...life's hard enough and especially for a Wolfpack fan. Why not enjoy this for more than 5 minutes and worry bout tmr tmr
warlords86
I did a good job of holding my peace this entire thread! But now, I have to say something. Some of you are ridiculous and it showed! Counting the team out and talking all kinds of **** all throughout the game. Some posters even had the audacity to post something negative about the game and write "lol" as if it was funny! Well all you you negative ass folk can shut the hell up! I would hate to have to watch a game with some of you!

Thanks to the Pack for the effort and the never quit attitude that you displayed tonight! Now, on to bigger and better things! Go Pack!!!
ciscopack
pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

LMAO....our last baseball title was 27 years ago. The great Ray won 1 of them in 1992......edit....make that 28 years ago
SportManagementEngineer
This reminds me of the squad we saw start the year on that incredible run, could never put us away. Avent is two wins away from a lifetime contract.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Ripper
ciscopack said:

pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

LMAO....out last baseball title was 27 years ago. The great Ray won 1 of them in 1992......edit....make that 28 years ago
You were right the first time. 27 years. 2019-1992= 27. Did you graduate from State?
cowboypack02
Helluva game......helluva game.

I'm not gonna lie....my faith started to falter a little bit going into the top of the 9th down the way we we're, but then the boys pulled it out

Go pack!
Ripper
warlords86 said:

I did a good job of holding my peace this entire thread! But now, I have to say something. Some of you are ridiculous and it showed! Counting the team out and talking all kinds of **** all throughout the game. Some posters even had the audacity to post something negative about the game and write "lol" as if it was funny! Well all you you negative ass folk can shut the hell up! I would hate to have to watch a game with some of you!

Thanks to the Pack for the effort and the never quit attitude that you displayed tonight! Now, on to bigger and better things! Go Pack!!!
My friend, they are trolls. They love when you feed them.
HotRod97
If we have ever owed a school a total gut wrenching loss, it was WF tonight!!! Great perseverence by our club!!!! Love this bunch.
metcalfmafia
Let it be known that I didnt watch again! **** Wake Forest.
wilmwolf
PostScript- I don't think I've ever seen a college baseball team whine and complain like Wake does. Their coach seems to be a good guy, donated kidney and all that, but their behavior reflects poorly on him. The guy that made the second out in the ninth pitched a fit TWICE, once during his AB after strike two and then on the way back to dugout after he grounded out. I have no idea why he didn't get tossed after the dugout had already been warned.
CLTWolf
Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

LMAO....out last baseball title was 27 years ago. The great Ray won 1 of them in 1992......edit....make that 28 years ago
You were right the first time. 27 years. 2019-1992= 27. Did you graduate from State?

He didn't but he's good people and a huge fan through and through. Cut him some slack.
Struttingwolf96
I agree, plus 'll share some of that crow with you gladly if State & Avent can finally win the whole freaking thing. Let's go Pack.
Andrew4343
I'm gonna take partial credit for the win! Taught my 5 year old about the rally caps at the start of the 9th and they worked! Feel bad for his kindergarten teacher tomorrow...
wolfpack1437
Never in doubt.
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

Never in doubt.

That was some 19-0 Wolfpack sht right there!
TheCapper
I personally enjoy the irony of WF board going insane over last call at plate and conveniently forgetting 1st inning call at the plate.

F em.
wolfpack1437
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Never in doubt.

Agreed. Reminded me of several games during that run. It's a good sign for future performances that we won one in that fashion
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Never in doubt.

Agreed. Reminded me of several games during that run. It's a good sign for future performances that we won one in that fashion

Absolutely. Needed that feeling back. Now, let's not lose it.
thirdworld333
Wow. Big, big dubya..

And these threads always expose the weak tummies..
From There... To Here...
Wolfer79

Thursday, May 23
No. 8 Clemson vs. No. 1 Louisville
Tigers 7-1

No. 4 Miami vs. No. 9 Virginia
Hurricanes 10-3

No. 3 NC State vs. No. 10 Wake Forest
Wolfpack 6-5

Standings
Pool A
1. Louisville 0-2
8. Clemson 1-1
12. Boston College 2-0, clinched pool

Pool B
2. Georgia Tech 1-0
7.Duke 1-0
11. Notre Dame 0-2

Pool C
3. NC State 1-0, clinched pool
6. Florida State 0-1
10. Wake Forest 1-1

Pool D
4. Miami 1-0
5. unc-ch 1-0
9. Virginia 0-2

Friday, May 24
No. 7 Duke vs. No. 2 Georgia Tech, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 5 North Carolina vs. No. 4 Miami, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 6 Florida State vs. No. 3 NC State, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Pack31
Nice comeback W! I've enjoyed Strutter and his alias agreeing with each others depressing posts too. Geez
KKandDD
Big win. For anyone following the season closely, what does this do in terms of hosting a regional? There are 16 regionals correct?
Mtn Cur
Because we clinched our pool the FSU game means nothing, right?
BeaufortCoPack
Just checking in for the comments
TheCapper
Mtn Cur said:

Correct. Stress free baseball on Friday. A "win" for us would be a quick game and no injuries.
Wolfer79
Mtn Cur said:

Nothing for ACCT

warrennolan.com
RPI
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/conference/ACC

lot on the line for NCAAT today
Georgia Tech #8
Louisville #9
Miami #16
NC State #18
unc-ch #19
Duke #44
Florida State #53
Wake Forest #54
Boston College #55
TheCapper
I am not sure how much it really means to FSU either.

FSU can use another win sure, but selection committee are going to know that N.C. State had clinched so will lose some of its meaning.
ciscopack
Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

If you count 1992 and 2019, it is 28......do you count it...probably not. I can subtract and no, I did not graduate from State. I was accepted and scored in the top .1%.....that's .1% on the math portion of the SAT. I'm not great at English however but I know the difference in our and out and often type out, when trying to type our.

I'm not talking down a great player and Coach in Ray Tanner either; just saying we won 1 championship. I played a couple games against him when he was at South Johnston and when we walked though the gym to the baseball field, there was this amazing tall sophomore girl shooting hoops in that gym......Beasley was her last name.

I just typed it all to begin with when reading the 23 years of crow eating....well that is Avents tenure; 27 since the last crowing title.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.