Baseball 4/12-14 vs Louisville (time change Saturday)

16,730 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by pack4life11
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wish the staff would have left Butler in LF. I know that Fr. Thresh has been swinging a good bat, but isn't he a Catcher more than an Outfielder. He hurt State in the 1st inning on misjudging a deep fly ball, maybe put him a DH instead or let him catch & Bailey DH. It's fine to mix the lineup up sometimes, no problem with that. Wonder what has happened to Tatum in RF, he hasn't played much at all lately?
wolfpack1437
Absolutely pouring here a couple miles from Doak
wilmwolf
Really not sure why we're even playing at this point. Field conditions were already bad, with the additional rain without the tarp on, the infield is going to be a mess. I suppose we have some obligation to try and play, but the forecast just doesn't look good.
metcalfmafia
Dang. Pouring rain and the pitcher gets out of that.
LegacyPack4
Terrible
metcalfmafia
Parkers getting pounded out here.
wilmwolf
I feel like we always end up on the wrong side of these bad weather games. Ugh.
Pack31
Looking good...dammit
wilmwolf
Louisville did a good job of putting the ball in play during the worst conditions and we couldn't field the ball. Our batters need to be more patient against their guy. He's good, but he's got guys swinging at pitches way out of the zone.
wilmwolf
Tough to come back from 8 runs down with solo homers, but damn if we aren't trying
wilmwolf
This is the first time this year that I've seen us play bad. We've definitely had the worst luck with the conditions. 11 runs for them and they've only hit a handful of balls hard. Just bloops and errors.
wilmwolf
No quit in these guys though.
wolfpack1437
Tresh is going to be a good player for us but I was glad to see Avent yank his ass after not running hard on that bloop
PackFansXL
Pack down 12-9 after 7.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96
State has to bring it in the next game. Team has hit a skid, got to get tough & get back on the winning track.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96
Wonder why the staff quit giving Jarrett & Tatum much playing time? Really liked how they were doing that earlier this season.
Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96 said:

Wonder why the staff quit giving Jarrett & Tatum much playing time? Really liked how they were doing that earlier this season.

Tatum 1 for last 17

Jarett hitting under .200
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
The Cardinals have just been really good and/or lucky at hitting the ball where we aren't.
Ncsu67
This team looks like they've mailed it in for the 2nd game.
fhstatefan43
Well if we don't come back it is a 4 game slide. Hope we make some adjustments and get it back together.
metcalfmafia
Not the best day for the pitching staff.
wilmwolf
Bloopers and ground ball singles. Killing us.
Struttingwolf96
Let's hope the guys bounce back tomorrow & don't get swept. Looks like they've hit a wall, some guys need a break & pitching MUST get better. Just as long as they don't check out for the rest of the season & end the year on a downward forgettable slide & have what's been a great & special season end in very BIG disappointment. FINISH what you guys started. Change the culture guys, turn it around. Go Pack.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

Bloopers and ground ball singles. Killing us.
I'm not sure which is more impressive: 25 singles today or scoring 28 runs with only two home runs. Both are nearly impossible, especially from a mediocre offensive team
Pakbackr
This team decided to take the weekend off!
basementwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

I'm all for Tresh getting a shot, but I have to question having him in the field, particularly on a day like today. I don't know why you wouldn't just put him at DH, I'm not sure what you're going to get from Debo against one of the best lefties in the country. Hope he proves me wrong.
You were proved right. Don't feel too special though; whole rest of the Pack9 world, other than the evil genius, thought the exact same thing. Especially with Devo being in a slump again, just plug Tresh in right there and leave outfield alone. Also cost us in the CC game I think.
Wolfer79
78wilsonpack
At Myrtle
Any score today?
Playing better I hope. Salvage at least one game
Gost8
down 1-0 after 3
78wilsonpack
Thanks
Appreciate it
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.