2019 Atlanta Braves Thread

10,833 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ShaggyWolf
BobbyCox95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm gonna get into sports betting......bet on whoever the braves play in the playoffs. So sick of this ****
KKandDD
that was brutal. to be honest, didn't deserve to win that game when you rely on errors to score runs. i thought Snit pulled Keuchel too early, and I don't know why the hell Jackson is your first move when Martin got hurt.

also....that second hit in the 8th to go up 7-3...looks very close to being a foul ball
BobbyCox95
Keuchel was pulled too early, no doubt. Gave up 2 fluke hits in the 5th and you pull him. Gave up 1 run and had thrown 74 pitches. Swinging bunt and a blooper over ss and he gets yanked smh. Also would have left Fried in there as well. Could have avoided the Jackson and melancon meltdown. Oh yea and that acuna run would have been huge had he hustled.

I love Snitker to death but he's trying too hard and over managing. Not sure he's a very good playoff manager.
843wolfpacker
Agree he was overmanaging. Definitely would've left Kuechel in there to at the very least finish off the inning and would've used Fried longer if you have to use him. Not sure why Newcomb didn't come in earlier to go maybe 2 innings or more and save some arms for today
JocoPack
BobbyCox95 said:

Keuchel was pulled too early, no doubt. Gave up 2 fluke hits in the 5th and you pull him. Gave up 1 run and had thrown 74 pitches. Swinging bunt and a blooper over ss and he gets yanked smh. Also would have left Fried in there as well. Could have avoided the Jackson and melancon meltdown. Oh yea and that acuna run would have been huge had he hustled.

I love Snitker to death but he's trying too hard and over managing. Not sure he's a very good playoff manager.
PREACH.

Why he felt the need to pull him is beyond me.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
KKandDD
I think you pull Fried bc you're going to need him a lot this series. I can live with that one. Good start tonight. Really wish I was down there - that stadium is freaking awesome during the regular season, can't imagine what it'd be like for playoffs.
metcalfmafia
Complete. Embarrassment.
JocoPack
It was a fun year guys
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
BobbyCox95
#StartLeary said:

Complete. Embarrassment.

Yet the most predictable loss I can ever remember. That series was lost in game 4.
ShaggyWolf
This may the the wrong thread, but I'm glad to see we are going to bring O'Day back. He impressed me when he was finally healthy.
ShaggyWolf
Braves just signed LHP Will Smith to a 3 year $39 million deal with a team option for year 3. Encouraging to see this kind of move after how pitching proved to be the key to the Nationals' World Series.
ShaggyWolf
Braves just resigned RHP Chris Martin to a 2 year $14 million deal. He was awesome late last season for us, hate he got hurt in the NLDS. Bullpen is starting to look really good for 2020.
BobbyCox95
Wish we could find a way to resign Donaldson but that's starting to look highly unlikely.
JocoPack
BobbyCox95 said:

Wish we could find a way to resign Donaldson but that's starting to look highly unlikely.

I wish we could as well. That dude made him some money last year.
ShaggyWolf
The Braves and Travis d'Arnaud have agreed to a 2 year $16 million deal. Travis had a pretty good year last season when he was traded to Tampa Bay. Many people including myself wanted the Braves to sign Grandal, but I think if Travis can replicate his season from last year this will turn out to be a great sign.
ShaggyWolf
The Braves non-tendered Charlie Culberson today, making him a free agent. Sad to see him go. He was a great teammate and a fan favorite.
JocoPack
ShaggyWolf said:

The Braves non-tendered Charlie Culberson today, making him a free agent. Sad to see him go. He was a great teammate and a fan favorite.
Yeah I hated to see that. Definitely a good guy and I hope he can find a spot somewhere.
ShaggyWolf
If the Braves don't re-sign JD, who do you guys want to play 3rd?
843wolfpacker
ShaggyWolf said:

If the Braves don't re-sign JD, who do you guys want to play 3rd?
Hopefully Riley's bat can take the next step but Camargo would be a nice back up plan for JD
ShaggyWolf
The Braves and LHP Cole Hamels have agreed to a 1 year $18 million dollar deal.
ShaggyWolf
Riley really showed some promise last year. If it ends up being him, he needs to drop his Ks and deliver consistent quality at-bats. I'm still holding out hope we get JD back. Freddie needs that protection in the lineup.
metcalfmafia
Sorry, but I'm not down with the Hamels signing.
ShaggyWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Do you think we overpaid?
metcalfmafia
ShaggyWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Absolutely.
ShaggyWolf
metcalfmafia said:

ShaggyWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Absolutely.
I hear ya. I thought it was a lot as well, I was glad to see it's only for 1 year.
ShaggyWolf
metcalfmafia said:

ShaggyWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Absolutely.
I hear ya. I thought it was a lot as well, I was glad to see it's only for 1 year.
ShaggyWolf
The Braves are bringing Charlie Culberson back with a Minor League deal and Spring Training invite. Glad to hear this!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.