Baseball 2/19 NC State @ Elon 4pm

3,930 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JCooke93
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?

STARTING PITCHERS
RHP Michael Bienlien (NCSU) vs. LHP Jared Wetherbee (ELON)
Pack31
Gonna be a cold one in Elon tom. High of 43 or so. This could be good resume win come tourney time. Elon will be solid
metcalfmafia
No streaming? Man I hate listening to baseball on the radio.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

Really? I think baseball is probably the best sport to listen to on the radio. There's usually plenty of time to describe everything that happens in a baseball game, unlike basketball or football. Plus there are all the creative ways to describe something you've seen a million times before. Listening allows multi-tasking. I like to mow my yard while listening to our games. Watching is better but listening is pretty cool too.
metcalfmafia
PackFansXL said:

metcalfmafia said:

Really? I think baseball is probably the best sport to listen to on the radio. There's usually plenty of time to describe everything that happens in a baseball game, unlike basketball or football. Plus there are all the creative ways to describe something you've seen a million times before. Listening allows multi-tasking. I like to mow my yard while listening to our games. Watching is better but listening is pretty cool too.
I like fast paced sports on the radio. Weird...different strokes for different folks haha.

Either way, nothing beats actually being there.
PackFansXL
Absolutely would prefer to be there. While I will take a radio broadcast of our football game if it is my only choice, there is just too much going on to get adequate descriptions from the booth. Heck, it takes replay sometimes to see exactly what happened when we can watch the entire play. Anyway, being there beats listening unless the weather is obnoxious.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
The Czech Wagon seems to be off to a good start this year.
Glasswolf
As an old schooler, nothing beats listening to any sport on radio. makes you use you imagination.
Wolfer79

WolfQuacker
Pack Wins!!! 5-0

Not a lot of hitting tonight, but took advantage of some wild pitches and maximized the offensive opportunities.
cowboypack02
metcalfmafia said:

I would rather listen to baseball on the radio if there is a good color commentator for the game.

Someone like John Sterling makes for great listening during Yankees games
JCooke93
Other good Job By the pitching staff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.